Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Food vices. What are yours?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Food vices. What are yours?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    List your food vices. The vices where portion control doesnt even play a role. Basically, you eat till stuffed.

Mine are:

Garbage Burritos & Pepperoni Pizzas.

I'll eat till stuffed. When it comes to these foods, i forget all about portion control.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chinese food and pizza, no question. Also, the little bread rolls they pass out at restaurants before the meal. More than once I've eaten so much bread that I'm too full to finish the food I ordered.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    any shellfish or calamari.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kfc
    Saluti
    Carlos

Downloads
    Uploads
    potato chips
    I do not play them here or there, I do not play them anywhere, I do not play them with a fox. I do not mash that button box. I do not like MMO games. In the end ther're all the same.
    -Tesral

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chocolate has for decades ruled my life, but last year after I had a heart attack I gave it up, mostly. On very rare occasions I will snag a small piece. Ice cream on the other hand I do not cheat on even though it was a very close second place finisher in my addictions. Sometimes I am so sad about this turn of events, but I am happy to have learned some control as it allows me to continue to suck air.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    usually i don't have issues with any food... except after my monthly fast. unless i down a bunch of water when i finish the fast, i tend to stuff myself with whatever the next meal is. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    usually i don't have issues with any food... except after my monthly fast. unless i down a bunch of water when i finish the fast, i tend to stuff myself with whatever the next meal is. ^^
    I've started my 7 day fast 3 days ago. Once completed i will implement a fast once a week for the rest of my life. My new diet consisting of grains, vegies, etc. It sucks, but it's time.

Why oh why cant pepperoni pizza, orange chicken, and garbage burritos be the healthy foods. I'm telling ya, life just isnt fair.

Other vices i had to give up: chips with green onion dip, and chips and salsa. Mmmm.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 04-17-2009 at 08:25 PM.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i try to fast at least once a month. ideally this consists of a complete abstinence of all food and drink for 24 hours. in my case this period is typically accompanied by prayer, meditation, study, and introspection... at least as much of that as i can squeeze in around the two little boys, nowadays. ^o^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    i try to fast at least once a month. ideally this consists of a complete abstinence of all food and drink for 24 hours. in my case this period is typically accompanied by prayer, meditation, study, and introspection... at least as much of that as i can squeeze in around the two little boys, nowadays. ^o^
    Did i read that right? No liquids as well, no warm water, even? That's tough. I'd rather go 7 days fasting with water to drink than 1 day with a complete fast. My respects.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GoddessGood View Post
    Chinese food and pizza, no question. Also, the little bread rolls they pass out at restaurants before the meal. More than once I've eaten so much bread that I'm too full to finish the food I ordered.
    This, minus the pizza (lack of sufficient lactase makes dairy rather incompatible :P).

But I'll raise ya potatoes, especially hash browns and tater tots. Nums. ^_^

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wanna hear something funny? For years i thought chinese food was healthy in those fast food joints. Little did i know that they were drowned in salt, etc. Imagine my disappointment.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't handle salt much, either, heh. Fries are almost always covered in it, and the roommate puts way, way too much on when I let her make the tots.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fries... haven't had them in years, don't seem to miss them much even as much as I enjoyed them. But hash browns... I used to be a breakfast cook while in college and that has been my favorite meal of the day for years. Now my daughter has taken a liking to breakfast when I make my farmers breakfast. Eggs her way, hash browns, sausage or bacon, toast and juice. Just thinking about it makes me hungry, even at this late hour. Alas, no more.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I try to partake in the four food groups as often as I can:
    Cheesy, Salty, Meat, and Booze.

Well, I don't try, but I enjoy it thoroughly. Living in SoCal I get a great mix of different foods at any time I want. I'm really becoming a fan of spicy Mexican foods these days. Not Taco Bell style either. The good stuff...
    --
    Grimwell

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast