Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 18 today! :D

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goreaddict View Post
    I play video games religiously online and offline. Read some, go paint balling, and four wheeling. Occasionally I go out with my uncle to the rifle range and shoot some stuff. I'm so far really use to disappointment and being forgot about. So I guess I'll make a really good old person. >.<
    Start practicing this phrase: "Why don't you call your grandpappy anymore?"
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    love to paint and model but no money income currently as for writing I have to be in a writing mood.
    I understand that. I am also told by professional writers that to be serious about it you have ot write every day, or at leas sit in front of the computer for that same time ever day. I am not a serious writer.

"Root Beer" right that's what I'm drinking...
    Root beer is good. I like root beer.

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessGood View Post
    BECAUSE THE PHONE WORKS BOTH WAYS YOU LAZY OLD FART!

At least what I say when I get asked.
    Last edited by tesral; 04-18-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congrats on the occasion. may you find many gaming friends online here. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    on a side note because they are all dead... BUT when they were living I'd spend every day at their house on the lake with them because they took care of me and I found them interesting. They all had interesting stories about where they came from but my last name Bryant comes from the first kind of Ireland Brian Boru, my name means Son of Bryn, Bryn means Raven >.< and my family crest is an azure background with a golden cross across it which has red diamonds on it so you can imagine the stories that came from them. On my mom side however they just lived crazy lifes and went all over the world, they all day pretty much about the same time and I miss them dearly, but thats life. I used to visit my Great grandma everyday at the hospital she out lived all of her kids at the age of 95 she died, even though she was old her mind was young so i enjoyed her company alot.

anyways (i typed all of this from a thing that traces our family back for ever >.> i went four wheeling today got home and had nothing better to do.Maybe you might find it interesting.)
    Brian Boru Born in 941 A.D. of royal blood in the province of Munster he became chieftain of Dalcais in the north area of that province and eventually its king by the force of vigor of his warrior-like leadership and administrative skills. "By the 8th century monasteries had become secular lordships in all but name. Their wealth and stores of precious vessels, made of them, an inviting target for the marauding vikings." the ancient seat of the high king from Tara to Cashel of the Rock and got to work. Amongst his paradoxically, when king Brian was ready to fight the Vikings he was too old to wield a sword. So the great army he built up he placed in the hands of his 2 sons, both strong, willful and trained in generalship. The vikings decided to stand therir ground at Clontarf beside their Dublin settlement where they could rmbroil their Leinster Allies in the battle to come. Their fellow Vikings came in thousands to help them from the Isle of Man, Orkneys and elsewhere. THe great Irish army moved relentlessly to Clontarf to attack the foreigners. Brian was an inspiration to his warriors. The battle began on April 23rd, Good Friday, the year 1014. Grappling in a close fight all day the Irish side Gained ground in mighty Hand-to hand single combat with their long "swords of light". Brian's encouragement prevailed and the retreat of survivors from the battle field to the sea began, It was a momentous event in Irish history but the price was high. While in the flight a foreign soldier spotter King Brian in his saying a prayer of Thanksgiving for a and final victory. The Viking leader Broder on hearing this returned in rage and attacked Brian with his sword. Old as he was the king severed his attackers 2 legs as the battle ace fell heavily on his head. On his longed=for day of victory the great, well loved monarch died. It was king Brian's life work that began the aspirations of the Irish nation everywhere to resist foreign domination whenever and wherever it had forced itself into the motherland.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    congrats on the occasion. may you find many gaming friends online here. ^^
    tyvm
    Last edited by Goreaddict; 04-18-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post
    Let them hail the hollow one Bow before the damned Forge ahead into the night Forget the lessons of the past Follow the lead to failure Relinquish and pay no mind....

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    awesome. speaking of ancient history... apparently our family are direct descendants of charlemange. through one of the female lines of descent. or so my mom informs me. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    awesome. speaking of ancient history... apparently our family are direct descendants of charlemange. through one of the female lines of descent. or so my mom informs me. ^^
    Nice >.< along time ago we got invited to some castle in Ireland; after my aunt dumped tons of money into tracking our bloodline and has A TON of stuff apparently we were not only Brian Boru's decent but our family had 8 other kings that rule over Ireland (sons and what not) and helped put 2 into power and some famous football coach, and a famous humanist/writer was in our bloodline, we have a huge Track beside our middle school named Bryant field after someone in my family aswell ^_^ but were poor now >.< so blah. Its interesting to see where you come from gives you a sort of unity in your family aswell as pride you should look into it and see if its true or not, Charlemange i mean.
    Let them hail the hollow one Bow before the damned Forge ahead into the night Forget the lessons of the past Follow the lead to failure Relinquish and pay no mind....

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah, as she was tracking down certain branches of our genealogy, she stumbled into some well tracked lines, so it seems pretty firm.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Goreaddict: If you don't mind some *ahem* adult content, you will probably enjoy The Lion of Ireland, a historical fiction of Brian Boru, and it's follow up book about his sons, Pride of Lions, by Morgan Llewellyn. She's got a lot of books set in that general area of time, so if you like her style there's plenty to keep ya entertained for months . I found both the books I referenced in my local library when I was researching my own irish heritage. My father's mother was half French, half "black" irish and had all the spirit of both. I feel more kin with my Scottish side; my maternal great-grandfather was a Kerr and came over on a boat through Ellis Island. I got to meet him a couple of times, and he used to send me poems he'd typed up on an old typewriter. My aunt saved as many as she could and bound them into a collection that she passed around at a family reunion a few years ago. He died after a long retirement of chasing nurses around and had a full head of reddish hair . My sister and I are planning to visit the clan castle (Ferniehirst) next year in the summer.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    tell us how the castle visit goes!

Downloads
    Uploads
    @goddess I shall look into it ^_^ and very nice I want to goto a castle >.> regardless of it has anything to do with my family's bloodline or not >.< and yes let us know how that works out.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm excited to see the left-handed staircases, m'self. Apparently Kerrs have an odd tradition of being left-handed and so they built the spiral staircases in the castle backward so they would be better able to use their sword arms on them and handicap the attackers who fought right-handed. I was supposed to be left-handed, but my second grade teacher forced me to write with my right hand. I held my pencils funny until 8th grade when they tried to teach us penmanship.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm excited to see the left-handed staircases, m'self. Apparently Kerrs have an odd tradition of being left-handed and so they built the spiral staircases in the castle backward so they would be better able to use their sword arms on them and handicap the attackers who fought right-handed. I was supposed to be left-handed, but my second grade teacher forced me to write with my right hand. I held my pencils funny until 8th grade when they tried to teach us penmanship.
    My father forced me to be right-handed, which I'm somewhat happy for, because, I can and do use both hands almost equally. I can even write left-handed, but not anywhere near as quickly or as legibly. If I'd practice writing with my left hand just a little bit more, I'd be ambi.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape View Post
    My father forced me to be right-handed, which I'm somewhat happy for, because, I can and do use both hands almost equally. I can even write left-handed, but not anywhere near as quickly or as legibly. If I'd practice writing with my left hand just a little bit more, I'd be ambi.
    Yup, used to do that myself, but I never got very good with it. I have more power in my left hand for some reason, but all the fine control happens with my right hand.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I knew at the turn of the century that left-handers were forced to write right-handed, but was unaware that folks still encouraged their kids to be righty's. Interesting. Well, on the positive side, very cool to be able to write with both hands.

I've also read that all samurai were right-handed(sword style), whether they were born that way or not. Kind of sucked being a swordsman and being forced to go with your less capable side with fighting. Writing is one thing, but when your life is on the line is something very different.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 04-22-2009 at 10:23 AM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12