Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Easter...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Easter...

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Sunday is Easter one of the childrens favorite holidays (along with Christmas and Halloween) and I decided to do something cool this year. Every year I tell the kids I am going to set a trap to get the easter Bunny and then they "stop" me. But this year my plan is to set the trap and after they go to bed but their baskets and stffed bunnies under it and close the basket so when they get up they will be surprised.

My wife loved the idea and we went out for breakfast and talked about it before she went to work. Now she has one uped me. One of the other nurses has a real rabbit. She is going to get it and put the real bunny under the trap (a laundry basket) we are going to scatter candy on the floor and when they open it they will be surprised. the dog will have to be looked in the kitchen and the boys (my cats) will be sleeping outside. Don't want an eaten bunny after all.
    Magic is not for parlor tricks.- Sparrow, Second Degree Master

Fragile Things, another slice of forums: http://fragilethings.fr.yuku.com

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Kaewin, are you and the wife prepared for when the kids are thinking that it is a new pet and not one that has to be returned?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not my idea. The kids want one and It would'nt bother me, the way I see it is she is going to have to go up to petco after this.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Be sure to share with us how the kids reacted to the idea.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I will, trying to get my oldest on she likes message boards. If you see a Katbutt it belongs to me

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaewin View Post
    If you see a Katbutt it belongs to me
    I read that part of your post first ... I should be more careful next time.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another idea: my parents, when we were young, use to lay jelly bean trails throughout the house from the kids rooms to the hidden easter baskets. And, nope, the jelly beans werent eaten. It was pretty exciting for the younglings and guaranteed good memories for later in life. My 2 duckets.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rabbit is ready.

My wife wants to scatter choclate around as bunny poop, I trold don't worry we will have that. She is going to make a note saying our trap got and please send it home when we are done.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So how did the bunny go over?
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It went great, I had to get the thing at 6am and brought it home. We put it into a laundry basket the kids decorated and but a blanket over it. Poor thing was blind and named M&M. After I got it in I started screaming for the kids to get up, if I was up that early they should be too. They came down stairs and checked the box. My younger daughter got so excited. Katbutt wasn't wearing her glasses and thought it was one of those animatronic bunnies.

It was scared and sat in teir laps for a couple of hours. They absolutely loved it and passed him around. ABout 8:30 he perked up and explored the downstairs. I said the best thiong about a blind bunny was that it could keep exploring the area for hours. It just kept wandering back and forth into the spots it just came from.

At about 10:30 he went home with no hard feelings. But my three kids have talked a little about a bunny of their own when they think I am not near.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaewin View Post
    At about 10:30 he went home with no hard feelings. But my three kids have talked a little about a bunny of their own when they think I am not near.
    Told you we did. Tricksy are they.

Nice mix of Yoda and Golem, there. Goda? Yolem? Here's to a great easter surprise either way. I, for one, was upset at my lack of chocolate bunnies (having given up chocolate a few weeks ago) and amused at the multitude of "zombie jesus day" and "savior on a stick day" jokes I heard.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Man giving up chocloate before easter? The only worse time would be halloween, we get tons.

What are you going to do with your stickers?

I might get them a hamster and get them out of my hare.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh Bad joke.

Hamsters are cute, but likely to be eaten by cats. This is the problem we are having with considering additional pets. Birds are too noisy and messy, though the cage could be hung safely out of reach of a cat. Rodents are somewhat less noisy and messy, but in more danger of becoming cat-lunch. Fish tanks can be locked and secured against cat intrusion, but require flood insurance and are generally expensive to maintain (at least nice, big ones are). Reptiles and bugs ... yuck Any thing larger than that requires additional pet deposit.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I figure if we get a hamster or something I will know where the cats are at all times