Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most anticipated future movie releases..

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Most anticipated future movie releases..

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Here are 6 of my most anticipated future movie releases:

#'s 1&2: The Hobbits movies. Yes, i realize one isnt the Hobbit, but a name has yet to be given.

#'s 3&4: The last two Harry Potter Movies. Yep, i'm a fan. Once the movies have been released, i plan to read the series.

#5: Star Trek, to be released this May, of 2009.

#6: Looking forward to Terminator, as well.

Please list your most anticipated movie releases, even any rumors of possible movies in the works, or, if you find yourself at a loss and just want to reply to this thread, then share with us anything movie related.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    won't repeat any, but will add

the wolverine one does look nifty.

And one that I wish would get made: good omens

I think it has been on the design block for more than 5 years.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've read somewhere that the rights were bought up(presumably to make a movie/s one day) for the book series of Thomas Covenant, The Unbeliever, by Stephan R. Donaldson.

If done right, this could be a great flick. Of course, both Dungeons and Dragons movies could have been great if produced and directed by folks that have actually played said game. It was obvious they hadnt.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i heard they want to make the wheel of time series into a movie. Don't know where that will go though.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I too am looking forward to the on, then off, then on again movie The Hobbit. Didn't know they had split it in to two movies.

Am also looking forward to the new Star Trek movie coming up in May.

As for DnD movies, they have ALL sucked!!! Too bad, as Thoth said the directors and actor and producers and, well everyone involved has never played one game between all of them. Shoot, I could do better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've read that HBO is going to do George RR Martin's "Game of Thrones". HBO is no slouch when it comes to producing shows. I loved Soprano's, Rome, Deadwood. It's really the only reason I have HBO. I look forward to this one.

Pasted below and link http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=50442
    HBO Gives Green Light to Game of Thrones

Source: Variety
    November 12, 2008

HBO has greenlit production on the pilot for a fantasy drama series, "Game of Thrones," based on a book series by George R.R. Martin.

Variety says the pilot for the long-gestating project was written by feature screenwriters David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. Former HBO entertainment president Carolyn Strauss will serve as a co-executive producer, along with Guymon Cassidy, Vincent Gerardis and author Martin.

HBO acquired the TV adaptation rights to Martin's "Songs of Ice and Fire" book series nearly two years ago. The pilot for the HBO show is described as an exploration of "an epic struggle for power set in a vast and violent fantasy kingdom."

Benioff's recent credits include penning the screenplay for X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Weiss recently sold bounty hunter thriller Kashmir to Relativity Media and is writing a prequel to Will Smith's I Am Legend for Warner Bros.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrken View Post
    I too am looking forward to the on, then off, then on again movie The Hobbit. Didn't know they had split it in to two movies.

Am also looking forward to the new Star Trek movie coming up in May.

As for DnD movies, they have ALL sucked!!! Too bad, as Thoth said the directors and actor and producers and, well everyone involved has never played one game between all of them. Shoot, I could do better.
    Actually, Mrken; It wont be split into two. One will be the Hobbit, and the other will take place before the Hobbit, back in the time when Sauron had his ring cut from his finger. I believe this to be true, anyway.

As far as the idea of splitting The Hobbit, in two, i would love to see that done. I cant imagine the powers that be doing it full justice with just one 3 hour movie.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    Actually, Mrken; It wont be split into two. One will be the Hobbit, and the other will take place before the Hobbit, back in the time when Sauron had his ring cut from his finger. I believe this to be true, anyway.

As far as the idea of splitting The Hobbit, in two, i would love to see that done. I cant imagine the powers that be doing it full justice with just one 3 hour movie.

Does this mean the Hobbit will be made and then the part covered by The Silmarillion? This is even better than my first thought. I have always enjoyed the stuff behind the book but the actual writing I have found to be very laborious in that book.

As for cutting the book in two, I would not be against that if they got Peter Jackson to do it. For some reason I don't see anyone else as being able to do justice to Tolkien.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrken View Post
    Does this mean the Hobbit will be made and then the part covered by The Silmarillion? This is even better than my first thought. I have always enjoyed the stuff behind the book but the actual writing I have found to be very laborious in that book.

As for cutting the book in two, I would not be against that if they got Peter Jackson to do it. For some reason I don't see anyone else as being able to do justice to Tolkien.
    I could be wrong, but i believe they have already started making it. They are making them both to save on budget as they did before with the other movies. I seem to remember the release dates of both movies being 2010 & 2011, respectively.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just hoped they don't mess Astroboy up. I loved the old cartoon and I don't want to see it ruined cause of the movie.

Definately looking forward to the Origin of Wolverine, Where the Wild things are (yes it is being made into a movie), Sleep Dealer, Battle for Terra, and Angels and Demons.
    "Those who earn the title great do so only by having power and NOT abusing it."
    -Persian Proverb

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dare I say it?

The Elric movie. The script's been ready for how long, now?

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be curous to see if they could pull off Elric. It would depend greatly on script, director, producer, and financing, then, maybe.

My fear: they will ruin it like both dnd movies. Dnd movies could have been great with the right people involved in their making.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Elric? Dear lord their going to try and make that a movie? Wow good luck guys your going to need a lot of luck for that not to be a floop.
    "Those who earn the title great do so only by having power and NOT abusing it."
    -Persian Proverb

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Heard about something HBO is doing on NPR this afternoon. Something with Drew Barrymore in it ... can't find the title. Gray Gardens or something. Sounded very interesting.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GoddessGood View Post
    Heard about something HBO is doing on NPR this afternoon. Something with Drew Barrymore in it ... can't find the title. Gray Gardens or something. Sounded very interesting.
    Yeah, Grey Gardens; the roommate wants to see it, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast