Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Catalyst Game Labs Celebrates 20 Years of Shadowrun!

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Catalyst Game Labs Celebrates 20 Years of Shadowrun!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Check out this new article Catalyst Game Labs posted on Wednesday 03-11-2009 11:40 AM:

Catalyst Game Labs Celebrates 20 Years of Shadowrun!

FASA Corporation launched what would become one of the best selling RPGs of all time in 1989. While building off of the blocks laid by the emerging dystopian future-cyperpunk genre, Shadowrun took a very different route by slamming that concept head-on into traditional fantasy elements of dragons, magic and fairy folk.

Shadowrun, Fourth Edition Anniversary Core Rulebook

To celebrate 20 years of this seminal RPG, Catalyst Game Labs is pleased to announce the Shadowrun, Fourth Edition 20th Anniversary Core Rulebook, which includes a host of upgrades for any Shadowrun player.

• A cover-to-cover full-color treatment allows for a stunning presentation of all the visuals Shadowrun has to offer.
    • While fully compatible with all Fourth Edition-published books, much of the information has been re-presented for better usability.
    • To make this the ultimate core rulebook resource for the entire Shadowrun game line, a 22 page Master Index has been generated and included, covering the 20th Anniversary Edition, as well as the following core rules expansions: Arsenal, Augmentation, Runner’s Companion, Street Magic, and Unwired.

Never has a core rulebook been so fully meshed with its full line of expansion rulebooks; check out the PDF previews of all this great book has to offer!

Shadowrun, Fourth Edition Anniversary Core Rulebook Previews

Shadowrun, Fourth Edition Anniversary Core Rulebook PDF and Pre-Orders

Runner’s Toolkit

To continue the Shadowrun celebration, several anniversary projects are in the works. The next is the Runner’s Toolkit, a box set of tools that any runner or GM will find useful for any type of game play. The Toolkit contains the following:

• A deluxe, 4-panel hard-cardboard GM screen featuring a stunning full-panoramic illustration of Seattle.
    • A 32-page booklet of additional sample contacts and adventure seeds.
    • On The Run, a 56-page “first run”.
    • Anatomy of a Shadowrun, a fictional account of a shadowrun, annotated with how game rules apply to the fictional run; a perfect “first-time-player” companion.
    • Big Book of Tables, a 64-page booklet drawn from Shadowrun Fourth Edition as well as all five core rules expansions for an easy-to-use guide when trying to equip your characters with the latest and greatest during character creation.
    • The Pre-generated Auxiliary Character and Kit System (PACKS) allows players and gamemaster’s alike to quickly assemble player and non-player characters using plug-and-play character profiles and equipment kits.
    • 6 heavy cardstock, double-sided reference sheets provide quick and easy reference for a variety of tasks, from how to resolve combat, to hacking, to summoning and more.

And that’s just the beginning. Other 20th Anniversary projects, along with a full line of supporting Shadowrun books, will release throughout the year. Look here for more announcements in the future!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm considering getting the Limited edition, just have it, and give my current book to someone in my group. Only problem is I'm lazy whats the difference between the limited and print, art, extras, what?
    Let them hail the hollow one Bow before the damned Forge ahead into the night Forget the lessons of the past Follow the lead to failure Relinquish and pay no mind....

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure the LE book is just the collectors one. Nicer cover and numbered. Not something you might use from day to day. The contents should be the same though.

Carl
    GMing: Shadowrun 4th
    The Denver RPG Group - My Shadowrun Site - My Shadowrun Blog - Shadowrun Mooks
    I also administer the Mosaic and Stained Glass forums if you happen to be artistic

Downloads
    Uploads
    I normally try to get collector editions of w/e I can. >.< So I'm going to pre-order this then I guess, it's not that much more after all, and thanks for the reply.
    Let them hail the hollow one Bow before the damned Forge ahead into the night Forget the lessons of the past Follow the lead to failure Relinquish and pay no mind....

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also considering picking up the special edition. Looks fine.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet