Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Terminator Post Apocalyptic Modern D20

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Terminator Post Apocalyptic Modern D20

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    In the year 2028, the surface of the Earth is shrouded in the thick, gray veil of ruin.Once great cities have been laid to waste and rubble, becoming vast impromptu tombs and graveyards to the millions who died on Judgment Day all those long years ago. The Machines rule the surface of the planet, while the humans who have survived now hide in underground shelters, venturing forth to scavenge and do battle when they are able.And always,the Machines are waiting…

Skynet rules the air completely and has a strangle hold on the ground that is closing ever tighter.Killing machines are everywhere, complex designs and hardware born of an intelligence driven mad by its desire to live, each model, each individual unit driven by a simple code;exterminate all humans. Man, woman, child.
    Wherever.
    Whenever.
    However.

In 2028 AD, the human race is teetering on the brink of extermination. Only a handful of heroic people stand between the Machines and certain racial extinction.

What is different about post apocalyptic role-playing than any other form of role-playing? There are certainly some other important distinctions somewhat unique to post-apocalyptic games: a world of almost total desolation, a poisoned environment that can be as big a threat as any monster, and usually a lost era of technology and former greatness, an
    understanding of which forever remains just beyond the grasp of the game’s characters.

The post apocalyptic genre itself is something of a combination between science fiction and horror; set in a world similar (if not identical) to our own, most post apocalyptic books and movies play upon real-life events, fears, and nightmare possibilities, and postulate on their ultimate (and universally catastrophic) conclusions.

I have decided to use the Modern d20 for game rules as well as character creation I figure the starting levels to be around 5-6 depending on how many join.

I am considering starting up a campaign if I have enough interest in joining. The game would be set up on a yahoo groups site and posting would be 3 times a week (Mondays,Wednesdays, and Fridays.)
    "Hey wich one of you punks stole Dr.Rockso's banana?"

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a really cool idea, Dark. Please blog your adventures with Terminator for us busy players so as to allow us to live vicariously through your players and GM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Please let me know if this idea takes off. I am a huge fan of the terminator movie series and always wanted to try to figure out a way to translate it into a good rpg. I wouldn't mind getting involved in this one.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure thing.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For comparison, you may want to look at Reign of Steel for GURPS, still available in PDF form for $8 from e23 .

Even if you're not using GURPS, the book presents an interesting setting where the machines disagree with each other, leading to 18 "zones" with very different characteristics. On the one extreme, the "Mexico City" zonemind has turned Central America into a desert as sterile as the moon, except for robots and nanomachines hunting down the last life forms in its domain. In the middle you have the "Manila" zonemind, the first AI to awaken, who catches humans to experiment with, and the Tel Aviv zonemind, who pacifies its wretched human slaves with religion. On the other extreme, the "London" zonemind ignores any humans who keep away from its bases, and the Washington zonemind runs a puppet government of humans, who are cheaper than building more robots.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the suggestion however I have a Terminator book using the the Modern D20 rules. I have seen the one you are talking about I may have to pick one up just for curiosity.