Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New gamer on the block.
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New gamer on the block.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking New gamer on the block.

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I started playing back in 1979........Where did the time go? Anyway that was the first time I had no clue about what I was doing but I was having fun so I was hooked from day one. Basic/Expert D&D then 1st edition AD&D in the 80's. Have not played 1st edition since 92 when I came back from Germany. Played some 2nd edition in the later part of the 90's thanks to one of my wifes friends. I got her and her husband hooked on 2nd edition. I was DMing the Forgotten Realms and my wife was playing too but in comes real life and a job change and that was the end of that. My wife and I have played one on one which is good but one PC and some NPC's is just not the same. Then we got lucky and got another couple to play this time with 3rd edition. I was DMing a Realms game and other guy would do Greyhawk so then I could play. Things were going good we even moved on to 3.5 D&D. But! Real life happend and they changed jobs and had to move away. I have DMed for my wife a few times so that is where I am at now. We have not played in a while other then on line with NeverWinter Nights. I hang around the Dragonsfoot Forums alot. It's a good 1st edition AD&D site. So good gaming to all!
    Last edited by froglegg; 04-04-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome to the site. This is the best place to find players or games. If you have a game ready to start, you can list it on the Campaign Invitations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    Hello and welcome to the site. This is the best place to find players or games. If you have a game ready to start, you can list it on the Campaign Invitations.

Thank you and well met.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome to the boards.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! I hope that you'll find the community here more than helpful, and even get a chance to find some potential players for your future campaigns.

If I can be of assistance, please don't hesitate.
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence, then success is assured." -Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey froglegg, welcome to the forum. Ditto what they said. This is a good group of gamers and a good place to find a game and/or gamers. Am hoping to add another gamer to my game soon as the last one I found had to move. Hope things work out for you and your wife to play and run a game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrken View Post
    Hey froglegg, welcome to the forum. Ditto what they said. This is a good group of gamers and a good place to find a game and/or gamers. Am hoping to add another gamer to my game soon as the last one I found had to move. Hope things work out for you and your wife to play and run a game.
    I am already in a PBP game. It is going well. PBP may not be as good as the old table-top but hey I am playing again. Now I need to get the wife to get her account started here at P&P and GAME ON!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Hello and to the fourms from one old timer to another! I D.M. both table top 3.5 D&D as well as I am D.M. in two PbP games one is 3.5 D&D and the other which started up lat Friday is 1st AD&D with some of my original PbP guys I started with back in 2000.

Anyhow once again welcome and please look around there are great people here with brilliant ideas as well as a good stock of vict...err I mean players to draw upon.
    "Hey wich one of you punks stole Dr.Rockso's banana?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    Hello and to the fourms from one old timer to another! I D.M. both table top 3.5 D&D as well as I am D.M. in two PbP games one is 3.5 D&D and the other which started up lat Friday is 1st AD&D with some of my original PbP guys I started with back in 2000.

Anyhow once again welcome and please look around there are great people here with brilliant ideas as well as a good stock of vict...err I mean players to draw upon.
    Love the picture of the bar fight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the site. Always glad to see new people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well met! I am pretty new to the boards myself, though not so new to gaming. I wish that I still had all my first and second edition books. I lost all my 3.0/3.5 books when I moved back to Virginia. Since then, I have invested pretty heavily into 4th Edition and I guess this new-to-me table top tactical miniatures game, AT-43. It is getting harder to find players or a group to join in with, especially since I work full-tim and have gone back to school full time as well. Oy! Anywho... good luck and good gaming, eh?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonmagRT View Post
    Well met! I am pretty new to the boards myself, though not so new to gaming. I wish that I still had all my first and second edition books. I lost all my 3.0/3.5 books when I moved back to Virginia. Since then, I have invested pretty heavily into 4th Edition and I guess this new-to-me table top tactical miniatures game, AT-43. It is getting harder to find players or a group to join in with, especially since I work full-tim and have gone back to school full time as well. Oy! Anywho... good luck and good gaming, eh?
    Lost them during a move. Ouch. Good luck and good gaming back at you.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Been there and had that happen. My sympathies.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    greetings and welcome to the forums!
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Good gaming to all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast