Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HARP game

Downloads
    Uploads

HARP game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hey guys, I know we are scheduled for the 20th to start but I have a few questions. Has anyone found a place yet? What time? Are we going to make up characters the first session?

Thanks,
    rlutke

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as I know, no. I can ask Ben over at the Original Game Shop on 51st and Memorial if we can play there, but I thought I would talk to Matt about it first and see if he had come up with anything.

I assume we would be making our characters at the first session. I don't know enough about the system to it myself. You can download the HARP lite version of the game to check out the character creation if you want. It might give you an idea as to what type of character you want to create.

Also, here is a PDF version of a character sheet you can fill out and print.
    Last edited by kirksmithicus; 05-12-2009 at 11:27 PM.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not found a place yet you could ask Ben ifyou want. I have some time tommorow I was going to go to a couple of places and see if we could get a table wednesday night. For creating characters you can draw up your own or i have seven pregenerated characters that you can pick from, whatever you want. I was thinking about starting at 7:00 or 6:30 I would like your opinion about what time is more convienient.

Downloads
    Uploads
    6:30 is better for me. I'll try to work up a character in the next week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I went around to a couple game stores and both closed at 7:00 so no luck. There is a great character generator here http://www.harphq.com/free_downloads...OpenOffice.zip
    but it is for open office which is a free program I like it. I found this wednesday and have had a lot of fun with it. I made 9 characters with it in no time. You can download open office at openoffice.org

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where did you go?

Also Kyle let me know yesterday that he won't be able to play. Also none of the guys from Ken's RM group have expressed any interest. So that just leaves us back with the three of us.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bad news guys, I am out for this Wednesday. That means the next time I am free will be on the 3rd of June. However, I think I have found one more player for Wednesday nights. If he is a go, we might be able to game at his place. I will keep you informed over the next couple of weeks. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went by Casle Comics and games and Wizards asylum. If rlutke can't game wednesday maby we could meet at Gardners used books wednesday I know there is a coffe table with some cushy chairs around it somewere, they close later to I do believe, and Ken and Kirk can pick out characters or roll some up maby talk about the characters back stories get some preleminary things out of the way. I'm thinking of meating about 7:00 and just staying for 30 minutes or one hour depending on how much we want to talk. I can find a time I can get with rlutke and do the same or talk over the cell phone. Other wise we can shoot for starting the game June 3.
    Also rlutke you were talking about rolling up a character. I was wondering what you wanted to roll up.
    Also I don't have internet at home and tuesday is my birthday so I'm taking the day off to visit my grandparents, so if anyone has questions my cell will be the best way to reach me. I think I sent a PM with my number to Kirk and rlutke.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy Birthday Mattiyaho.

I was thinking of a Rogue or WarriorMage, but hadn't made up my mind yet.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, Happy Birthday. I was thinking about a Rogue, but I'm open to pretty much anything really.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou for wishing me a happy birthday. I knew someone would want a warrior mage. Warrior Mages are very uncommon in Cyradon the few that are around are members of the Pascalline order. Members of the order have a black briar rose tatto on their necks, und use a weapon as a spell casting focus if they don't have the weapon they are at a -10 to cast spells. They are dedicated to defending the Treaty Kingdoms, or the warrior mage profession may be handed down in a family over the generations. Rouges are my favorite profession in HARP and Rolemaster. I'll be at Gardners 7:00 tonight or a little before. I will see who ever shows up there.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Was running a little late, wife, kid and all of that. Anyway I got there at about 7:15, but I guess you had left already.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I knew I should have waited a few more minutes I left about 7:15. Sorry

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anything to report on where we are going to play I'm still shooting for June 3rd. Also any word on the new player rlutke found.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I talked to the guy that runs the T.O.G.s over on 51st and Memorial and he says they close at seven on Thursdays. Despite the fact that it was 7:15 and Thursday when I asked him. Mostly I got the impression he didn't want us to play there because he does not know me/us...*rolls eyes* So anyway that place is out and I don't know of any where else to try.

Also, I will probably not be able to make it on the 3rd. My wife has to go to a conference for work and will be out of town June 2nd through the 5th. So unless something changes at the last minute I'll either be out of town or at home with my son. I'd bring him, but he's two years old, and quite the handful. Sorry, I hope you guys can still get together and get started without me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast