Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Tulsa Area Game Stores

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tulsa Area Game Stores

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Top Deck Games
    5970 E 31st St Suite K
    Tulsa, OK 74135
    new and used books, miniatures

Wizards Asylum Comics & Games
    71st and Mingo
    Tulsa, OK
    new books, miniatures

The Covenant Store
    71st between Lewis and Riverside.
    Tulsa, OK
    Last edited by kirksmithicus; 07-08-2013 at 11:59 PM.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Downloads
    Uploads
    can anyone tell me if any of the game stores have player/game bulletins?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as I know, none of the stores do, but I haven't been to wizards in a while so things might have changed. I know Top Deck is working on a new web site and possible site forum but no idea when it will be up, but I'll let people know when it is.

I was thinking of creating some promotional material for the site, and see if I could leave it at some of the local stores in an attempt to get more members.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Downloads
    Uploads
    What ever happened to days of going to your store...as a localized place to find games and players? It use to be the hub of RPG's. I guess those days (at lest here) are gone. So what is the best place in Tulsa to buy D&D material and miniatures?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    What ever happened to days of going to your store...as a localized place to find games and players? It use to be the hub of RPG's. I guess those days (at lest here) are gone. So what is the best place in Tulsa to buy D&D material and miniatures?
    It's still happening. Some of the local stores are good places to meet people. I've met a large number of friends at the local game stores and had countless conversations with gamers who I've just met and then never seen again. Finding games at the local game store takes a bit more work as you have to put in the time to get to know people and spend time just hanging out, or going to events. Also you have to find out who is interested in playing what and who has room for more players etc. It's more work than just posting on the internet and hoping someone finds it and replies. I think a lot of gamers don't have the time, or just dropping by someplace they don't know anyone and trying to network puts them outside their comfort zone.

Of course I'm going to plug the store that I play at, Top Deck. But Wizards is also okay too. I have not had a chance to check out the new store Dragon Crown Games yet, so I couldn't tell you what it's like. Though I did notice they have a new location on the corner of SW corner of 61st and Lewis.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really...the stores around here are like that? Thats refreshing, I was told by numerous people not to network that route because it was dead. So I never bothered hanging out. You said something about events...anything good coming up locally? Is there a site on line with a schedule of happens and events? As far as comfort zones go...as long as I have a d20 in my hand...Im in it.
    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back." ~Maximus Decimus Meridius

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi this is Sean, the owner of Dragon Crown Games. We regularly run D&D events in our store. EVERY Wed at 7PM we run D&D Encounters and also on Saturdays at 7PM we run D&D events.

We have a good selection of D&D products and the new Red Box will be in our store today!!! We are committed to providing a great experience with fair prices. Our entire inventory is online as well at www.dragoncrowngames.com

We also have forums at www.dragoncrowngames.com/forums (not a lot of activity yet) but we have a forum just for events and for those looking to start a group or players looking for new groups. Alot of our daily interaction is on www.facebook.com/dragoncrowngames

Thanks for checking us out and we would love to see you come by and hang out.

Sean

Downloads
    Uploads
    This list is a bit out of date. Dragon Crown Games has been closed. Further, a new tabletop game store has opened called The Covenant Store. It opened in March of 2012 and is located on 71st between Lewis and Riverside.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tanks for the update. It has been a while since I updated anything around here.