Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: Were you at this event but not included in the list below?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I was there but I couldn't connect and I am not in the list! Shout out!

83 50.30%
  • I was there and I am already on the list.

72 43.64%
  • No, I wasn't able to attend.

10 6.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April 1st - Break the Record Results

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Drawing Results

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    And the winners are:

The five free year subscriptions for a Community Supporter account were: Lokilove, Harker, FriendlyFaust, MortonStromgal, and caprica (six?)

And the gift certificate winners are:

$10 gift certificate: Anodyzed
    $10 gift certificate: ithil
    $10 gift certificate: Chi
    $20 gift certificate: Malruhn
    $30 gift certificate: dulgar

And I would like to give a special thanks to Soft Serve, who suggested this event in the first place! To him, I would also like to gift a Community Supporter account for having such a great community building idea.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

April 1st - Break the Record Results

So, I know there were a lot more of you who tried to get online but couldn't. Just before the crash we were for sure at 211 users. I appreciate all of you trying to get on. Unfortunately, it was the database that crashed on us because of a little configuration problem. That's hopefully been taken care of for the future. In any case, I don't have a screenshot, but here are the 233 users that I was able to determine were logged in for this event:

1958Fury, Aeval, agoraderek, Aidan, Ailis, akela122301, alanh10, allende_william, Ampolitor, Annatar, Anodyzed, anticipatient, Argent, Arkon Blackfire, Arrogant, arthimas, aufrank, Autotrep, aylith4, Bacore, banik, BessBluefeather, biffer75, Bisclaveret, bitemytail, blackmote, Blame_it_on_good, blenderkitten, Bluv, Botho, Braeg, byd_racer, byzcath, Caeric, caprica, cdragonsyco, CelestialBarbarian, Chgowiz, Chi, Cocoa, collier, Constance, corax, cpljarhead, cplmac, Crystal, Cy the Wander, Cynic, Dague285, Daishar, DeadMike, DeadReborn, Decius, Delrune, Demelza, DiceDuke, Dimthar, djpeterso23662, dman12b, Dr. Awkward, dr_x_online, dragon176, Dragon2605, dragonfire, dragonrider1976, DreadArchon, dulgar, Edward, Envikin, esc, f3n1x mas0n, Fadedcreed, Farcaster, Felvet, femchar, ffclubhero, FizbanJH, fmitchell, Frank Jamison, FriendlyFaust, Fuzzy alchemist, GatorG, gdmcbride, Ghostwolfe1978, god_of_fear, GoddessGood, Goreaddict, GothPoet, greenbadge, Griffdaddy, grimwell, Grumpy Old Man, Guardian, Halberkill, hangedman, Harker, harley, helshezag, hippie_mama, I. J. Thompson, Iceberg, iffling, ignimbrite, InMediaRes, InvestFDC, ithil, jade von delioch, jay626, JayJurczynski, Jazzman, JE472, Jedi Viktor, Jgosse, jho251981, jkfoote, jng2058, JohnChrist, Jymy, Kaewin, Kapuran, KB13, Keoki, Kethlan, Kilansa, Killerbeez, Kilom, kkriegg, knitnerd, Kodiak, Kozsey, krackmonkey, Krinjah, kurz, Kylana, LAST CRUSADER, Law Dog, LegacyKing, linkhyrule5, Locutus, Lokilove, Lord_Venomous, Lucian-Sunaka, Mad Douglas, MadDogMaddux, Major Doom, Malruhn, mark42, Michael_Lightbringer, mjungledog, MortonStromgal, Moze, mrken, MrMoJoRisin3, Mudgrubber, Myn, Nathril, NCW&RPG, nijineko, Noelle, Nord_drache, notrealdan, PA_kid, panik, PaulJohn, Paulytee, PlattevilleGamer, Poetry1953, Preston, PudgySmurf, pug41478, Quingyar, Raznok, Redcup, RioTsunami, Rochin, roguefan99, Roman Virtue, roninkelt, Rubilon, Ruki, Rummy, russdm, saiyanslayer, Salcheech, Samy, Sascha, ScotMcC, ShadowChemosh, Shlinc, Shroomer, Sigilistic, Silroc, Simon2010200, Simonides, simrion, Sithus, Sneaksta, Soft Serve, solarisosius, Some_call_me_Tim, SpiffyBananaFoot, spotlight, starwolf013, Steeler92, stormytyca, T_D_S, Tabryn, Talae, Tamerath, TAROT, teylos, The Prodigal Tim, The_NPC, thojifad, Thor, Thoth-Amon, Thriondel Half-Elven, Tigerfire, TonyCo, trolane, Ulot, urizenxvii, Use_Rope, Valdar, Vanguardsoul, verdilak, Vervamon, Volcatius, Vorin, xguy, xilraazz, yukonhorror, and Zane
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    w00t!

We didn't break the record but that was still pretty fun.

Next year?!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my Gods... look at that extremely cool name on that list: Thoth-Amon
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was a lot of fun, and I was lucky and crashed on the SQL stuff right as I needed to go home anyway!
    --
    Grimwell

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even though i was one of the members bounced during a 'renew,' i had great fun and look forward to anything else FC has in mind to put together in the future. I felt it brought us closer not only as gamers, but as members with P&PG's.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    got yourself a fancy new icon there soft-serve .

It was fun. Maybe we need to sort of have a sign up sheet and a schedule next time so the bulk of the users aren't trying to long in at exactly 6:00 pm.

Those of level 20-30 login at 6:00, levels 15-20 at 6:15, etc...

Or get a new SQL? whatever that is.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, it was a lot of fun. I guess I have always just logged on in the past and went straight to my game forum without looking around too much, but I never knew there was a community option. What makes that especially embarrassing is that Farcaster was my most recent DM. This is a great service to the gaming community and 12 bucks is small price to pay to support this service (at least for me).

The only problem I have is that I don't have Paypal because I closed my account a couple years back when it was hacked. It would be nice if there were alternative options to pay.

SBF

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    w00t!

We didn't break the record but that was still pretty fun.

Next year?!
    Very cool pic/icon, Soft Serve.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyBananaFoot View Post
    I agree, it was a lot of fun. I guess I have always just logged on in the past and went straight to my game forum without looking around too much, but I never knew there was a community option. What makes that especially embarrassing is that Farcaster was my most recent DM. This is a great service to the gaming community and 12 bucks is small price to pay to support this service (at least for me).

The only problem I have is that I don't have Paypal because I closed my account a couple years back when it was hacked. It would be nice if there were alternative options to pay.

SBF
    I've had a couple of friends suffer due to PAYPALs mistakes. Trick i found was to use an account(credit, bank card, etc) with a small limit on it, or better yet, put a certain amount into $$ into PAYPAL directly, so you can tap from that. Of course, every time you sell something, $$ is added to your account. Just an idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I guess it is really a moot point anyhow. I'll probably just give him the cash the next time I see him.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyBananaFoot View Post
    Thank you for the high praise.

Just so you know, you don't have to have a PayPal account to pay through paypal with us. Since P&PG has a merchant account, you can opt to pay directly with any major credit card or debit card that PayPal recognizes. All you need to do is follow the prompts until you get to the PayPal page that prompts you to login to PayPal. On that page, there is an option that says "Don't have a PayPal account? User your credit or debit card to pay," and click "Continue" beneath that. That method doesn't require you have a PayPal account at all.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Downloads
    Uploads
    Woohoo.....I made the list.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Heya. I also added a poll to this thread. If you were there, but couldn't connect and want to give us a shout out, you can add your name to this poll. I'd love to have an approximation of just how many people were trying to get on but couldn't.

All I know is there were almost a thousand competing processes trying to get a connection last night at the same time. It was incredible to see the server load at figures like 950!
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Downloads
    Uploads

PayPal

Damn, there went my last excuse. Looks like I'll have to really do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    Thank you for the high praise.

Just so you know, you don't have to have a PayPal account to pay through paypal with us. Since P&PG has a merchant account, you can opt to pay directly with any major credit card or debit card that PayPal recognizes. All you need to do is follow the prompts until you get to the PayPal page that prompts you to login to PayPal. On that page, there is an option that says "Don't have a PayPal account? User your credit or debit card to pay," and click "Continue" beneath that. That method doesn't require you have a PayPal account at all.

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    Oh my Gods... look at that extremely cool name on that list: Thoth-Amon
    Wow what a clever and original name. Wish I had something like that...I'd probably go with some kind of frozen, custard-like treat...

Even though i was one of the members bounced during a 'renew,' i had great fun and look forward to anything else FC has in mind to put together in the future. I felt it brought us closer not only as gamers, but as members with P&PG's.
    ▼▼*cough cough* ▼▼

Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post

And I would like to give a special thanks to Soft Serve, who suggested this event in the first place! To him, I would also like to gift a Community Supporter account for having such a great community building idea.
    (smileys that best describe my range of facial expressions in order.)

Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    got yourself a fancy new icon there soft-serve .
    Very cool pic/icon, Soft Serve.
    What has two thumbs and google image searched "Soft Serve" then said "well that looks the most delicious" and put it here?

*points at self with two thumbs*

This guy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast