Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

General Discussion

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Well I accidentally deleted all previous posts. My mistake. So if you have anything to post you can do it in this thread or start a new one.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So last night I was talking to the DM of my D&D game and he mentioned that he was playing in a rolemaster game with another group. I didn't have a chance to talk to him further about it, but If I see him next week I'll follow up and try to find something out for those of you interested in role-master and HARP.
    Last edited by kirksmithicus; 04-03-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can find out about yourself, but rolemaster is a VERY complicated system. Don't know much about harp, but my group didn't have much fun with rolemaster.

Lot of looking stuff up in tables.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know , I've played it before and I have the MERP game and the HARP rules lite pdf. Mattiyaho and rlutke are both fans of the game who live here in Tulsa and are looking to start or join a local group. Just giving them a heads up that I may have found a group. I always loved the critical hit tables and I was just looking through my old MERP book to see if I could incorporate them into 4e D&D.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a lot of HARP books. I LOVE the character creation system in it, but the combat tables leave a massively bad taste in my mouth. I even did some freelance stuff for ICE several years ago, though nothing I ever did for them got published (they did pay me though, which is impressive).

I'll stick to Pathfinder.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is impressive. I thought they had a HP method as an alternative to the hit / injury tables in the HARP game. It's been a while since I read through it. I like the character creation as well, it's what piqued my interest in the game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kirksmithicus View Post
    That is impressive. I thought they had a HP method as an alternative to the hit / injury tables in the HARP game. It's been a while since I read through it. I like the character creation as well, it's what piqued my interest in the game.
    They do - it's in one of their harper's Bazaars. I inspired them to write it. But I admit I haven't sat down and really poured over it too much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    kirksmithicus,

If you could find out some info on the RoleMaster group and post it I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    rlutke

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rlutke View Post
    kirksmithicus,

If you could find out some info on the RoleMaster group and post it I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    rlutke
    I'll ask Ken about it again when we play on Thursday and let you know if they are looking for more players, what edition, when they play, etc. I'll see if I can get his e-mail as well, that may make things a little easier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    been a while since i've been here but I would be interested in a rolemaster group. Rolemaster was the firs RPG I played

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mattiyaho View Post
    been a while since i've been here but I would be interested in a rolemaster group. Rolemaster was the firs RPG I played
    Don't worry, I hadn't forgotten about you. I was planning on sending you the info as well.

As it stands right now, I talked to Ken briefly last Thursday but because I showed up late to the game and left early, I didn't have time to discuss it. I got his e-mail and sent him a message but I have not received a response so far. I'm not sure if he's just busy, or if I got the e-mail address wrong, or if it went to his spam folder etc. I was hoping to run into him this week but no luck so far. I'll be in the area of Top Deck tomorrow so I'll drop in and see if he's around. Otherwise I'll probably have to wait until next week to try and talk with him again.

If we could find another player, would either of you (rlutke or mattiyaho) be willing to run a game? I don't know the rules well enough to do so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be willing to run a game I even have something in mind.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mattiyaho View Post
    I would be willing to run a game I even have something in mind.
    Can you give us a little sneak peek?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kirksmithicus View Post
    Can you give us a little sneak peek?
    Ok. Iron crown is accepting proposals for new books and I sent in a proposal for a book detailing planar travel. I got a responce that they liked my writing sample and I should send in a proposal for a Cyradon source book, so I was tinking about starting in Cyradon and after getting the basics done and the players up a few levels I would try out some of my ideas, let the players kill some of my new monsters see how the new NPC feel in acual play things like that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me know when and where and I will be there!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast