Memories Remain is a pair of high-level adventures for fourth edition D&D. We will run at least the first adventure, "Time of Torment," for level 29 characters.
It's taking me a while to get the background information presentable, but I'd like to get the ball rolling on character creation. The downside of doing it this way is that there's a possibility your character concept may run afoul of an aspect of the setting I neglected to mention. I will do my best to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Character Creation Guidelines (Short Version)
Characters may be of any race described in the Player's Handbook, Player's Handbook 2, Player's Handbook 3, Eberron Player's Guide, or Heroes of the Feywild, except for pixies and changelings.
Here are some of the most important changes for the races:
- Devas - There are only five devas. Evanuy is one. PC devas belong to the remaining four.
- Eladrin - Eladrin have the shadow type, not the fey type. Their encounter power is not named Fey Step.
- Half-Orcs - All half-orc characters are the product of orcish fathers and non-consenting human mothers, and were raised in human societies by their mothers, or were adopted.
- Kalashtar - Kalashtar are the result of a direct fusion between a wandering soul and a human host, and have no clear memory of where the soul came from. All kalashtar were created only a few months ago and started their new lives at a high level of power.
- Minotaurs - Minotaurs, or their ancestors, come from a very distant land.
- Shardmind - Shardmind, like Kalashtar wandering souls, have no clear memory of what created them, only that it was a foul cataclysm whose results must be opposed should they ever appear in this land.
- Tieflings - Tieflings are among the first or second generation of their kind, refugees from a fallen empire whose nobles made a pact with Hell.
- Warforged - Warforged are not created intentionally and serve no masters. They are free-willed earth elementals born from rare metals forged in places of power. They have the elemental type instead of the natural type.
It should be noted that anyone playing an Eladrin or Githzerai is very new to the Kingdom and its surrounding lands, having only arrived in the past few days. Similarly, Kalashtar, Shardmind, and Wilden characters are not only new to the land, they themselves have only come into existence in the past few days.
Characters may be of any arcane, divine, martial, or primal class described in the above books, save for artificers. Dwarf artificers are allowed. Only Githzerai, Kalashtar, Shardminds, and Wilden may choose to play psionic classes.