Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Characters

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myn View Post
    My understanding is that Morgran and Myn are traveling in search of something beneficial to our community, which is a bit vague at the moment. I’d appreciate if you could give us some guidance there, Umi, since we aren’t exactly sure what would best fit in with your setting.

Ariellana and Morgran know each other, and we would likely try to help each other as we travelled. Areillana also knows Tanglar, and he would likely be willing to accompany them until he reaches Kord. Just in terms of practicality, I’d think that Tanglar would require some additional reason to stay with us, because once we deviate from our course towards Kord he no longer has any reason to stay with us (at least as far as I know).

I believe Galin and Zephyr both mentioned that they would pretty much help anyone who needed it, and wouldn’t be too bashful about finding people who did need it. Chances are that they would have overheard Morgran and Myn discussing their troubles with Ariellana and Tanglar, and would have offered to join them.
    Good job. Thank you, Myn. It's still a few hours before this is due, but I'm going to chime in with my observations. Also, if you really need to speak up about the party, please do so; don't stay quiet just because the deadline passed. The worst-case scenario is that what you say can't be used, but that would be exactly the case if you don't say anything.

I think the remaining issues with Morgran and Myn have been resolved.

I am of the impression that Tanglar will not have a problem staying with the party. Please correct me there if I'm wrong, GreenLabrador.

From my perspective, I would have preferred a more active discussion of the party's destination, and a clear conclusion to cap it off. However, it seems to me that the party is headed toward Beilston for the following reasons:

• Most of the party is interested in acquiring news of the surrounding area, and Beilston is the best place to do so.
    • Tanglar probably wants to visit the Garden of Preparation before heading on to the Temple of Lightning's Spear.
    • It's faster to stop at Beilston, and then continue downriver to the Temple's landing, than it is to bypass Beilston and head back up against the current, later.

Again, please correct me if I am mistaken.

PC Impressions
    After going over your character sheets, I would like to express, in very broad strokes, the general impression your characters leave on each other:

Morgran radiates an intense steadfastness that leaves the rest of you more than a little in awe. None of you have ever met anyone before with Morgran's force of personality. Galin's good cheer and Zephyr's unusual presence are also very striking, but can only begin to approach Morgran in terms of the impression they give. Ariellana, Tanglar, and Zephyr all have unusually imposing physiques. Myn is very slender and graceful, while Galin and Morgran are fairly average-seeming in their physical builds.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 04-05-2009 at 09:32 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    However, it seems to me that the party is headed toward Beilston
    Sounds good to me. My character would be heading there because it is a big trading center and she's looking for another job in the industry.

And if most of us are seasick and/or overcome by the heat, we'd want to get off the barge and rest up for a while.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds good to me Umi. Perhaps we get off at Beilston, check around and find some reason we need to go to the Garden and later the temple (trouble perhaps )? If Myn and I are looking to settle people here, and can do so, getting rid of local threats would be a high priority.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tanglar would have no issue continuing with the group. As long as there is a need and it does not require him to leave the region without visiting the temple.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Party Integration Report

Looks like we have a party!

As usual, please correct me if I have anything wrong. I'm extrapolating this from Myn's summary, the background information all of you have sent me, and a brief review of the posts in this thread.

• Galin and Zephyr are from sept villages in the Central Range. They get along decently due to their personalities and shared culture, and seek to journey to Beilston for the opportunities to be had there.
    • Ariellana and Tanglar, past acquaintances, met again in the Upper Vales and came to the straightforward conclusion that life would be easier if they traveled together. Prior to this point, they were each independently planning to go to Beilston.
    • Morgran and Myn have been working together for several months. The next leg of their mission takes them to Beil Valley.
    • The three groups met at the barge leaving Byswell Town. It was one of the last two barges out (a point that will be explained further in the first Acqua Alta post) so anyone who was in a hurry to get to the Beil Valley would have either been on this one (heading to Beilston) or the other (heading to the Temple Landing).
    • Ariellana and Morgran recognized one another. Galin and Zephyr overheard Morgran explaining to Ariellana what he was up to, sympathized with him, and offered their aid. Ariellana and Tanglar may be less altruistic about the affair, but are amenable to the idea of cultivating mutual friendly contacts to help them face the future.

The adventure will begin in less than twelve hours from the time of this posting. Please check the Acqua Alta and Out-of-character adventure discussion threads at that point.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Saucy" Rogur Kalor

Name: "Saucy" Rogur Kalor
    Race: Human
    Class: Rogue

Appearance
    Rogur is rather small and slightly built for a human male, standing 5'8" and 150 pounds. He keeps his black hair pulled carelessly back out of his face into a tail customary among the mariners of the eastern coast. His face usually wears a wry grin, and his brown eyes sparkle with laughter, as often at his own expense as anyone elses'.

Self-assured to the point of arrogance, Rogur earns his nickname from his wandering eye and unquenchable thirst. Disrespectful and cocky, he has no patience for formality or "10-stater words".

Downloads
    Uploads

Karu

Name: Karu Stonetalon
    Race: Goliath
    Class: Fighter

Appearance

Karu is tall and muscle-bound with a mottled dark gray complexion. Her dark hair is kept in small tight braids which are generally held back with a leather thong. In town she wears plain clothes that were made for a cooler climate, and conceals a sling and dagger on her person. When out adventuring she wears a well fitted suit of scale armor and carries a massive executioner's axe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Class: Cleric

The character I'm planning on bringing to the table, if Umi blesses it, is a Shielding Cleric of the Vulysen Sisterhood. The character is pretty mild mannered, as you would expect from a Vulysen Sister, yet not so much as to render her spineless. She can hold her space. From what I've read thus far I really don't foresee any character conflicts with the existing party members.

Build wise, I wanted to make a character who would support the party in every way. She packs a high perception (which you simply can't have too much of), insight, heal, and diplomacy. With rituals she can repair items at a fraction of their cost and hallow the dead.

Her key point is her quite excellent healing skills: in combat her Healing Word provides 2d6+7 plus healing surge value and out of combat adds a straight surge value plus 19 hit points, which I think is quite admirable for a 1st level character. Combat wise nearly all attacks have healing or controlling powers attached. Unfortunately, she adds almost no real damage per round to the party, which is more important then healing in many respects as the best damage mitigation comes from simply to not have a monster on the battle field at all. I hope her control powers and healing will make up for this lack, yet I'm quite honestly not sure.

She does have her fair share of quirks and other plot grabbing goodies, but I'll wait to say more until Umi has had the chance to make final approval, as character creation is always a compromise between the player dream and the GM's world. Both need to be respected. Also, I believe in slowly revealing characters over the course of the game, though it looks like perhaps another path has been chosen by the group, which I will respect of course.

I'm really looking forward to possibly play with you all, though I know it might be months yet before my entrance. Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 08-26-2009 at 05:10 AM. Reason: homonyms

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I look forward to meeting her, Ithelryn. --T

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Palpatim View Post
    I look forward to meeting her, Ithelryn. --T
    Me too. I never know exactly who my character is until it is played. I always look to the first gaming session with apprehension as to who might be born that day, for no matter how much back story and personality I script into the character is always molded a bit by the setting, the other player, and perhaps a bit of last second inspiration. Once made however I find that I simply can't make them act contrary to who they've become, even if I dearly wish them to. I'm looking for to this newest surprise and meeting all of you! Thank you for the invitation Palpatim.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Character Name: Yrisz
    Class: Cleric
    Size: Medium
    Height: 5' 1"
    Weight: 96
    Alignment: Good
    Deity: Sehanine

Appearance: Iris has a very petit build, milky complexion, a simple face, and large blue eyes. She has a rather small sharp mouth and a slightly up turned noise. Her neck is long and slender. Her light blond hair falls just bellow shoulder length which is usually put up in some fashion while she's working.

Background
    Geography: Mountains (Cloistered)
    Society: Noble
    Birth: Blessing (and Cursed, see feats)
    Divine: Touch by an Angel

Background Benefit:
    Perception Skill Added to Base List

Stats
    Strength: 12 (2 points)
    Constitution: 12 (2 points)
    Dexterity: 10
    Intelligence: 8
    Wisdom: 19 (9 points, 2 Race, 1 level)
    Charisma: 17 (9 points, 1 level)

Initiative: 2 (Dex 0, level 2)
    Movement: 5 (race 6,armor -1)
    Passive Insight: 21 (skill 11, +10)
    Passive Perception: 21 (skill 11, +10)
    Hit Points/Bloodied: 39/19 (Class 12, Con 12, level 15)
    Healing Surges/Surge Value: 8/9 (Class 7, Con 1)

Armor Class: 18 (Chain Armor +6, level 2, +10)
    Fortitude Defense: 14 (Str 1,race 1, level 2, +10)
    Reflex Defense: 13 (Dex 0, race 1, level 2, +10)
    Will Defense: 19 (Wis 4, race 1, class 2, level 2, +10)

Class Features
    Build:
    Shielding

Languages:
    Common, Elven

Basic Melee Attack
    5 Mace (1 stat, 2 proficiency, 2 level) Damage 1d8+1, Versatile
    6 Dagger (1 stat, 3 proficiency, 2 level) Damage 1d4+1, Thrown 5/10

Implement
    8 Holy Symbol (4 stat, 2 level, 1 Weapon Expertise Feat, 1 Magic Item)

Skills
    Acrobatics: 2/1 (Dex 0, armor -1, level 2)
    Arcana: 1 (Int -1, level 2)
    Athletics: 3/2 (Str 1, armor -1, level 2)
    Bluff: 5 (Chr 3, level 2)
    Diplomacy: 10 (Chr 3, Training 5, level 2)
    Dungeoneering: 6 (Wis 4, level 2)
    Endurance: 3/2 (Con 1, armor -1, level 2)
    Heal: 11 (Wis 4, Training 5, level 2)
    History: 1 (Int -1, level 2)
    Insight: 11 (Wis 4, Training 5, level 2)
    Intimidate: 5 (Chr 3, level 2)
    Nature: 6 (Wis 4, level 2)
    Perception: 11 (Wis 4, Training 5, level 2)
    Religion: 6 (Int -1, Training 5, level 2)
    Stealth: 2/1 (Dex 0, armor -1, level 2)
    Streetwise: 5 (Chr 3, level 2)
    Thievery: 2/1 (Dex 0, armor -1, level 2)

Trained Skills:
    Religion, Diplomacy, Heal, Insight , Perception (Human Skill)

Feats:
    Pacifist Healer- When you use a divine power that allows the target to spend a healing surge, the target regains additional hit points equal to 1d6 + chr. If you deal damage to a bloodied enemy you are stunned until the end of your next turn.
    Restful Healing- Maximize healing between encounters
    Weapon Expertise (Holy Symbol)

Healer's Implement: When you grant healing with any of your cleric healing powers, add your holy symbol's enhancement bonus to the hit points the recipient regains.

Class Features
    Healer's Lore: Add Wis modifier hit point to any Cleric power with the Healing key word.

Ritual Casting: As the feat, plus possess a ritual book and two 1st level rituals.

Powers
    At Will:

Astral Seal: (Divine, Healing, Implement), Standard Action, range 5, one creature, Wis+2 vs. Ref, Hit: Target takes -2 to all defense until the end of your next turn, the next ally who hits the target before the end of your next turn gains 2 + Chr hit points.
    (Current True Healing 6)

Recovery Strike: (Divine, Healing, Weapon), Standard Action, one creature, Str vs. AC, Hit: [W] + Str damage, and the next ally to hit target before the end of your next turn gain hit points equal to Chr modifier. (Current True Healing 4)

Sacred Flame: (Divine, Implement, Radiant), Standard Action, range 5, one creature, Wis vs. Ref, Hit: 1d6 + Wis radiant damage, and one ally you can see gains temp hit points Cha + 1/2 level or can make a saving throw. (Human At Will)

Encounter:
    Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune- Encounter (Divine), free action, Personal, effect: +1 bonus on attack roll or saving throw before then end of your next turn.

Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy- Encounter (Divine, Healing), Standard Action, close burst 5, each bloodied ally in burst, effect: each target can spend a healing surge and you are weakened until the end of your next turn. (plus Wis hit points due to Healer's Lore and plus 1d6 + chr healing from Pacifist Healer, +1 magic item, Currently Surge+1d6+8)

Healing Word: 2X Encounter (Divine, Healing), minor action, Close Burst 5, Person or one ally, effect: Target spends healing surge +1d6 hit points. (plus Wis hit points due to Healer's Lore and plus 1d6 + chr healing from Pacifist Healer, +1 magic item, Surge+2d6+8)

Cure Light Wounds (Divine, Healing), Standard Action, Melee touch, you or one creature, target regains hit points as if it had sponge a healing surge +1 for magic item.

Exacting Utterance: (Divine, Implement), Standard Action, ranged 5, Wis vs. Will, Hit: Until the end of your next turn, the target gains vulnerability to all damage equal to your Wisdom modifier, and any ally who attacks the target gains temporary hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier. (4 points of vulnerability, 4 points of temp hit points)

Astral Flare: (Divine, Implement), Standard Action, close burst 3, each enemy in burst, Wis vs. Will, Hit: The target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Daily:
    Font of Tears: (Divine, Implement, Zone), Standard Action, close burst 3, each enemy in burst, Wis vs. Will, Hit: The target is dazed (save ends), effect: -2 attack for all enemies that start their turn in the zone, ends at the end of my next turn (minor action to sustain).

Full Equipment:
    Ritual Book (from Ritual Casting Feat)
    Dagger (2)
    Mace
    Longswords (4)
    Chain Mail
    Backpack
    Bedroll
    Flint and Steel
    Chalk (1)
    Pouch, Belt
    Waterskin
    Holy Symbol
    Climber's Kit
    Grappling Hook
    Candles (3)
    Chalk
    Hammer
    Pitons
    Torch (2)
    Toiletries
    Travel Papers
    Wooden Brooch from Fairy
    One battered old red blanket with silver and gold embroidery (it had once been quite regal).
    Dresses (2 pair dark blue with gold trim red apron with order's symbol embroidered on it on it, 2 pair of slips)
    Travelers clothing (2 pair sturdy brownish red traveling clothes that denotes her as a scholar with one straw hat, one brown cloak, one pair of sturdy boots, and 2 pair of under clothes)
    Under Armor (2 pair, cotton made)
    One simple blue night gown
    One dark blue tabard (with her order's gold symbol prominently portrait on it)

Magic Items:

• Symbol of the Holy Nimbus (Yrisz - Critical Hits) The symbols does +1d6 damage and either Yrisz or one ally within 5 squares can spend a healing surge, as chosen by Yrisz. Spending a healing surge in this manner does not count as a Second Wind action.
    • Symbol of the Holy Nimbus (Yrisz - Healing Words) Whenever Yrisz speaks a Healing Word, Yrisz and all allies within 5 squares gain 4 temporary hit points.
    • Gray Rain Cloak
    • Ever-burning Torch

2 clay healing vials

Remaining moneys: 27 silver staters, 33 bonze aeres, 40 copper chaluns

Ritual Descriptions
    Gentle Repose (from Ritual Casting Feat)
    Make Whole (from Ritual Casting Feat)

-----
    Currently carried Equipment:
    Ritual Book (from Ritual Casting Feat) (3 lb)
    Dagger (2) 2 sp (2 lb)
    Mace 5 sp (6 lb)
    Chain Mail 40 sp (40 lb)
    Backpack 2 sp (2 lb)
    Bedroll .1 sp (5 lb)
    Flint and Steel 1 sp
    Pouch, Belt 1 sp (1/2 lb)
    Waterskin 1sp (4 lb)
    Holy Symbol 10 sp (1 lb)
    Climber's Kit 2 sp (11 lb)
    Grappling Hook
    Hammer
    Pitons
    Trail Rations (1 day worth)
    Torch (2) 2 bp (2 lb)
    Travel Papers
    Candle (3) 3 cp
    Chalk (1) 1 cp
    Toiletries
    The Pouch: 20 sp religious ritual components, 10 sp healing salves
    Travelers clothing (2 pairs sturdy brownish red traveling clothes that denotes her as a scholar with one straw hat, one brown cloak, one pair of sturdy boots, and 2 pairs of under clothes)
    Under Armor (2 pair, cotton made)
    One dark blue tabard (with her order's gold symbol prominently portrait on it)
    Wooden Brooch from Fairy

• Symbol of the Holy Nimbus (1 lb)
    • Gray Rain Cloak (2 lb)
    • Ever-burning Torch (1 lb)

2 clay vials (1 lb, what heavy vials)
    Long Swords (4) (16 lb)

Full Carry Weight 97 lbs

Remaining moneys: 27 silver staters, 33 bonze aeres, 40 copper chaluns
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 07-28-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if you guys are still looking for more people, but here is my character sheet -

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======

Gregorr, level 1
    Human, Cleric
    Build: Devoted Cleric

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 13, Con 10, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 19, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 13, Con 10, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 14.

AC: 10 Fort: 12 Reflex: 11 Will: 17
    HP: 22 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    Insight +9, Religion +7, Diplomacy +7, Arcana +5, Heal +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics, Bluff +2, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance, History, Intimidate +2, Nature +4, Perception +4, Stealth, Streetwise +2, Thievery, Athletics +1

FEATS
    Cleric: Ritual Caster
    Human: Pelor's Radiance
    Level 1: Combat Medic

POWERS
    Cleric at-will 1: Lance of Faith
    Cleric at-will 1: Sacred Flame
    Human: Priest's Shield
    Cleric encounter 1: Divine Glow
    Cleric daily 1: Beacon of Hope

ITEMS
    Ritual Book, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Holy Symbol
    RITUALS
    Gentle Repose, Simbul's Conversion

PERSONALITY TRAITS:
    Gregorr normally is very social, but at times is quit secluded. He usually spends his time either at a local pub conversing with travelers attempting to "get in" on their adventures for he aspires to be like them.

MANNERISMS AND APPEARANCE:
    Gregorr has moderately tanned skin. He keeps himself fairly fit, thus he has a stocky body and charismatic appearance. He has blue eyes and a square nose and chin. He has no facial hair for his age, also does not have any hair on his head, which he usually covers with his hood.

COMPANIONS AND ALLIES:
    As of this time, Gregorr is sedentary with no other companions. He lives close to a moderately sized village which is on the outskirts of a large city. His friendly demeanor allows him to make friends with travelers through the town, but so far he has been unsuccessful in joining a group to call his own.
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Flintal

Hi Umushi, i am attachign my character sheet.
    In the .dnd4e format--oops! i meant .rtf, but it's supposed to be .dnd4e.
    When you get it, go to Control Panel>Folder Options>View tab>uncheck the box that says "Hide extensions for known file types".
    Then go to where you put the file, and change the ".rtf" to ".dnd4e".
    Please appreciate my work, it has taken me a long time to eliminate all this white space in order to get it down to the uploading limit.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Umiushi; 06-13-2010 at 06:13 AM. Reason: moved to Characters thread

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have completed my record keeping updates for everyone's characters. You have all received private messages noting any changes that I've recorded.

One item I did not include were the characters' documentation for weapons and armor ownership. I do have a complete record of that, however.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tanglar is now a Companion NPC

Now that it seems likely Lywthast will temporarily join the party, I would like to hand Tanglar over to the players in an effort to avoid running too many hangers-on.

Please run Tanglar in accordance with his behavior to date. At the moment, he's a "piece" that anyone may move. If this gets to be troublesome, tedious, or overly complicated, I will formalize his requirements further, but for now it seems to make sense that in combat the closest person to his initiative or earliest poster would dictate his actions. I will step in if necessary to modify any behaviors that cannot be undertaken by him.

Here are his statistics as a companion to the party. These are slightly different from how he was portrayed as a PC:

Character Name: Tanglar
    Role: Striker (Ranger-type)
    Race: Half-orc
    Size: Medium
    Height: 6' 2"
    Weight: 212
    Unaligned
    Religion: Devotions of the Great Master
    Languages: Common, Draconic

Level: 2

Ability Scores
    Strength: 16 (+4)
    Constitution: 13 (+2)
    Dexterity: 16 (+4)
    Intelligence: 8 (+0)
    Wisdom: 16 (+4)
    Charisma: 10 (+1)

Initiative: +4
    Movement: 6 (8 when charging)
    Passive Insight: 14
    Passive Perception: 14
    Low-light Vision
    Hit Points/Bloodied: 30/15
    Healing Surges: 7
    Surge Value: 7

Armor Class: 17
    Fortitude Defense: 15
    Reflex Defense: 15
    Will Defense: 15

Race Features:
    Furious Assault (encounter power)
    Half-Orc Resilience (5 temp hp at 1st time bloodied; encounter)
    Swift Charge (+2 speed (8) when charging)

Class Features:
    Two-blade Fighting Style - wield one-handed weapon in off-hand
    Hunter's Quarry (minor; at-will; 1/rnd) - nearest enemy is quarry, +1d6 1/rnd

Basic Attacks
    Tratnyr - Basic Melee +8 vs. AC 1d8+4
    Tratnyr - 10/20 Basic Ranged +8 vs. AC 1d8+4
    Unarmed - Basic Melee +6 vs. AC 1d4+4
    Improvised Ranged - 5/10 Basic Ranged +6 vs. AC 1d4+4

Skills (including armor penalty)
    Acrobatics: 3
    Arcana: 0
    Athletics: 8
    Bluff: 1
    Diplomacy: 1
    Dungeoneering: 4
    Endurance: 3
    Heal: 4
    History: 0
    Insight: 4
    Intimidate: 3
    Nature: 9
    Perception: 4
    Religion: 0
    Stealth: 8
    Streetwise: 1
    Thievery: 3

Trained Skills: Athletics, Nature, Stealth

Feats: Leather Armor Proficiency (Class Feat), Hide Armor Proficiency (Class Feat), Simple Melee Weapons Proficiency (Class Feat), Military Melee Weapons Proficiency (Class Feat), Simple Ranged Weapons Proficiency (Class Feat), Military Ranged Weapons Proficiency (Class Feat), Tratnyr Proficiency (Bonus Feat)

Powers
    At Will:
    Hunter's Quarry (Class Power; minor action, 1/rnd) nearest enemy
    Twin Strike, two attacks, 10/20 ranged or melee +8 vs AC 1d8

Encounter:
    Furious Assault +1d8 dmg w/ hit (free action - trigger: Tanglar hits.)
    Two-Fanged Strike, two attacks, 10/20 ranged or melee +8 vs AC 1d8+4, +3 damage if both hit

Utility:
    Unbalancing Parry (Encounter; immediate reaction - trigger: missed by melee attack at distance 0-1): slide enemy 3 squares and gain combat advantage against it ENT

Equipment: hide armor w/ badges, 4 tratnyrs, standard adventurer's kit, parchment document for armor (2 staters), parchment document for two tratnyrs (10 staters)

Money:
    11 staters
    8 chaluns

Appearance Notes:

• lightning bolt tattoo on his left shoulder, obvious from an examination

Personality Notes:

• Generally quiet
    • Serious mindset
    • Fairly religious
    • Dislikes not being in front
    • Friendly
    • Speaks with a sept accent like Zephyr, but less pronounced.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 10-03-2010 at 08:07 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast