Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Characters

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    so, what characters were together before we set out from the town a couple days ago in game? I doubt my half-orc would be with you elven folk before now, but helps me to know who all is officially 'together'. Also, if this group of elves is going somewhere, why would they invite a half-Orc to come along?

And to address a minion issue, my character is built for multiple attacks every round, so, I will be killing minions every round two at a time generally, and at least one a round.
    Last edited by TheGreenLabrador; 04-02-2009 at 11:30 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenLabrador View Post
    so, what characters were together before we set out from the town a couple days ago in game? I doubt my half-orc would be with you elven folk before now, but helps me to know who all is officially 'together'. Also, if this group of elves is going somewhere, why would they invite a half-Orc to come along?

And to address a minion issue, my character is built for multiple attacks every round, so, I will be killing minions every round two at a time generally, and at least one a round.
    Actually if I understand correctly that group is not just elves but refugees of all types from the deep woods area fleeing monsters and tyrants that have recently taken up roost there.

And unless somebody knows different I think Myn and I are the only ones traveling with that group.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    As far as party formation goes, Morgran is kind of a wanderer and as such would jump at the chance to check out anything new and exciting. As long as there is stuff to dispatch there . So, I'm pretty well fine with either suggestion that I've seen so far (The Temple and Beilston).
    Last edited by JohnChrist; 04-02-2009 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not a refugee, but willing to offer a helping hand and I could use the company.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    @TheGreenLab

I notice that the refugee group would possibly have passed by or went through orc country to get to where we are now. Might it have been possible that you were picked up there for some reason?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That seems plausible. I think Umi mentioned that there is no real enmity between elves and orcs, so it's quite possible that you could be part of the group.

Downloads
    Uploads
    cocoa and I are planning a reason to adventure together, so, should be fine.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zephyr overhears your conversations, and offers to help the refugees get to where they want to go.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    JohnChrist, TheGreenLabrador, and I have worked out a couple of pre-adventure connections our characters have.

1. Morgran the half-elf paladin is known to Ariellana. He spent a few months as a bodyguard with one of Ariellana's trading expeditions. She would stop and talk to him if she met him again, and she'd be willing to travel with him and his group while they were going in the same direction.

2. Ariellana met Tanglar the half-orc ranger in the dragonborn hunting camp he was raised in, while on a trading expedition that was buying furs and other products. She had a nice conversation with Tanglar and wished him luck. If she met him on the road, she'd definitely recognize him from the hunting camp, and she'd stop and ask him how he was doing and all that. She'd be willing to travel with him as long as they were going in the same direction.

Ariellana is probably heading towards the town in search of a job or leads for a job. But she would be willing to delay her plans in order to help out her new-found companions and old acquaintances.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ahh well sorry I have been so quite it was a very rough month end last month at work. I will try to make up for that and be more talkative over the next few days follows is a char description

Things that you might notice of Galin: he is very friendly and is almost always smiling standing at about 4’5” and about 200 lbs. tends to be very observant but also very very clumsy. He has a long brown beard and his long hair is tied back in a long braid.

now my background (as long as the dm ok's it) is as an outcast who feeling as a refuge his whole life really goes out of his way to help others who have been cast out for whatever reason. while traveling in this area seeing the refugees Galin would definetly pledge his asistence. also he would pleadge his aid to any that are helping the refuges being almost enamored by the fact that others are willing to help those in need. Most likely he would follow the group just for the companionship.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clarification concerning refugees

Some PCs were part of a group of refugees, but the main body of that group is very far away. There are no NPC refugees on this barge, only crew and regular, paying passengers.

Incidentally, the PCs are all assumed to have already paid their way, and this will not be deducted from starting money.

Just to forestall any conversation along these lines, there are no stowaways, either. The barge is too small, flat, and generally featureless for that sort of thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    Incidentally, the PCs are all assumed to have already paid their way, and this will not be deducted from starting money.
    LOL good cause I'm broke :P

Also is our destination going to be set by you, are we gonna have to come to a consensus on the places that have been mentioned, or is that all gonna work itself out when we start?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnChrist View Post
    LOL good cause I'm broke :P

Also is our destination going to be set by you, are we gonna have to come to a consensus on the places that have been mentioned, or is that all gonna work itself out when we start?
    I do at times set up circumstances that obstruct or delay a party's getting to its intended destination, or present a certain route as being much preferable to another one. Perhaps that can qualify as "setting your destination." Nevertheless, I believe that one of the necessary requirements to being a party, and not just a crowd, is a certain unity of purpose. One sign of that unity is a shared destination, as opposed to a willingness to scatter to the four winds.

Therefore, yes, I would like the party to come up with a consensus on where it is traveling as a group. I am sure that, wherever it is, a successful party will be able to get there sooner or later. Furthermore, it will help me to focus the narrative.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 04-04-2009 at 01:57 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Final question before I turn in my character sheet: Do any of you have a good heal check? Mine is 9 at the moment, but there's little point in keeping that if someone can get significantly higher. The alternatives are: Insight (9), Dungeoneering(9), and Acrobatics (8). The number in the parenthesis is what that skill would be if I trained in it instead of Heal.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Party Roster and Party Integration Deadline

Congratulations, I have everyone's character sheet and everyone's background. There is still time for adjustments and additions, maybe even into the start of the adventure itself, but the important point is that all of you are ready to go.

Cocoa: Ariellana - Eladrin Warlord
    JohnChrist: Morgran - Half-elven Paladin
    Myn: Myn - Elven Druid
    TheGreenLabrador: Tanglar - Half-orcish Ranger
    Ulgrath: Galin Goldgut - Dwarven Cleric
    Yukonhorror: Zephyr Fireblood - Half-elven Barbarian

1 Controller, 1 Defender, 2 Leaders, 2 Strikers

I'm getting the impression that the formation of the party is nearly done, but there's only a little over a day to wrap it up. Therefore, I request that at least one brave player who is not afraid of making mistakes speak up and post how they think each character is tied into the party, where the party is headed, and what the party is up to.

If you think you're up to doing this, don't hesitate, and don't wait for someone else to step forward. I don't mind multiple people trying their hand at this: it will be a good exercise to see how well everything fits together.

Once this is done, the rest of you, if you feel that there is something wrong with the way your character is being presented, please post an adjusted version. Remember, 11 am Sunday is the deadline for party integration. After that, I'm going to take the latest sensible adjusted version, fill in the blanks if there are any, and move forward.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 04-04-2009 at 05:18 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My understanding is that Morgran and Myn are traveling in search of something beneficial to our community, which is a bit vague at the moment. I’d appreciate if you could give us some guidance there, Umi, since we aren’t exactly sure what would best fit in with your setting.

Ariellana and Morgran know each other, and we would likely try to help each other as we travelled. Areillana also knows Tanglar, and he would likely be willing to accompany them until he reaches Kord. Just in terms of practicality, I’d think that Tanglar would require some additional reason to stay with us, because once we deviate from our course towards Kord he no longer has any reason to stay with us (at least as far as I know).

I believe Galin and Zephyr both mentioned that they would pretty much help anyone who needed it, and wouldn’t be too bashful about finding people who did need it. Chances are that they would have overheard Morgran and Myn discussing their troubles with Ariellana and Tanglar, and would have offered to join them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast