Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Posting Schedule and Party Membership

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    hey, things have been CRAZY with my new job. With my old one, I had a bit of free time to play, but it is getting... well crazy.

I absolutely love playing, but I am finding it very difficult to continue.

I'll try and muscle it out until we get to a resolution point (maybe by then things will calm down a bit), but it is fair to say, don't let me hold you up. Maybe you should have let me die back in the Feywild...

This goes for the chat game too. Again, AWESOME game, I love playing in it, but it seems my weekends are consumed with grading quizzes or planning lectures, leaving minimal time with my family. If I was single, it would be different, but I feel they barely see me as it is.

I'd bake you a cake if I could Umi. I liked being the only person from the beginning, but I just can't anymore.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    I absolutely love playing, but I am finding it very difficult to continue.
    I'd bake you a cake if I could Umi. I liked being the only person from the beginning, but I just can't anymore.
    Bummer.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Naturally, I wish you success with your career, Yukonhorror.

I will do what I can to make participation easier for you. This applies to all players. To a point, though: I'm not playing anybody's character for them. For starters, I'll introduce a companion character version of Zephyr that others can play if you're too busy during a posting period.

If you have to withdraw, you are of course welcome back when things become calmer. I will note that no player has yet returned, though I hope that will change one day. I also hope you will be an exception to this pattern.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the US presidential election, the Washington State gubernatorial election, or the Washington State initiatives are undecided or "too close to call" by Wednesday afternoon, November 7th, then the subsequent DM and player posting periods will be canceled. In such a case, the next DM post will occur by 11:00 am PST Monday, November 12th and the next player posts will be expected by 11:00 pm PST Tuesday, November 13th.

As always, players will be free to post as desired during the intervening time.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 10-30-2012 at 04:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this is easily the most interesting set of criteria for adjusting a posting schedule I've seen to date. Bravo!

--T

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The presidential election is decided, but not the Washington State governor's race, nor some of the state ballot measures. I will make my post sometime before Monday morning, and players will have until next Tuesday night to respond. I still expect to be monitoring the threads.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be out of town for a family funeral on Wednesday and Thursday, and may not be able to check the posting threads during that time. However, my last post in the OOC thread should be enough to take Rogur through the intervening posting period. --T

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am sorry that a sad occasion is what is demanding your time; my condolences to you and your family. Your latest post should be quite sufficient to cover the current situation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sadly, my schedule seems to have gotten worse. I am really sorry. I tried to reconnect, but things are a bit too demanding at the moment. While I would love to play, my days are just too crammed. So this is my official resignation. Do with Zephyr what needs to be done. It was really fun and I'll miss it, but I just can't.

For those of you who want to know about Zephyr, well here's the spoiler we never uncovered:

The sash Zephyr wears around his waist is the velvet blanket he was found in by the chief of his sept. He was left for dead by his birth parents, but the nature spirits infused him with power to keep him alive.

The sash covers up Zephyr's detrimental birthmark: the hammer of Moradin smashing the Cog of Eradis (the main city god guy). His parents (half-elf nobles from the city) saw that as a bad omen, so they left him for dead.

The reason Zephyr left his sept was because he was falsely accused of killing the chief (his adopted father). He was chosen to be next in line over his rival, Artico, so Artico killed the chief and framed Zephyr for the crime.

That's the abridged version of events anyhow.

PS. Persephone Quinn was born healthy at 8 lbs and 20 inches. Another reason why I don't have time. If you do a one-shot during the summer, I may be able to play a live game, but for now, I'll have to be incognito.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bittersweet, but congrats! Hope to see you back sometime.

I have 3 of those rug-rats so I know how time consuming they can be.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To mirror Malk0lm's sentiment, congratulations and I'm sorry to see that you will be leaving us, Yukonhorror. As my very first online player, I am very grateful to you sticking around for the three and a half years of the first adventure. Should your time improve in the future, drop us a line. Also, I will take your request for a short adventure in summer under consideration. Please send me a reminder in late spring.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if we do it, plan for an EPIC. I have ALWAYS wanted to do an EPIC level adventure.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, IF I do rejoin, I'll probably just do a new character.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had an idea for an epic-level Japanese-themed adventure. Will that work, or does it need to be a different theme?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, wow, Yukon, you were the last of the original players. Though I can hardly blame you for stepping back for I well know exactly what kind of amazing disaster a newborn can be to ones schedule (as I helped my twin closely with her first), my twin's best friend didn't get a shower in during the first two weeks after her little squeezer was born! But they are so cuddly at that age to (all my friends miss it in time). Best of luck with what life brings you Yukon, and it was a pleasure playing with your rash, quick angered, and yet amazingly unbloodthirsty creation...I'll miss pealing him off the floor ;-)

Oh, another Japanese epic adventure Umi. Our last one I thought was really getting meaty when it ended...I was always sad about that.
    Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast