Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Posting Schedule and Party Membership

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I don't think this is the proper place to make introductions, but here it goes.

Greetings fellow gamers!

My name is Johnsoncake, and I'm here for Umi's Unquiet Lands play-by-post game (aren't we all?). Hopefully, after I learn the swing of things involving post times, level of detail given, and so forth, I'll be able to seamlessly integrate myself into the group. Until then, I'll play the noob, forever muddled in inexperience and tripping over my own shoes. However, do not fret, for I will try my hardest to make this game a fun, enjoyable, and relaxing experience for everyone (DM included ). Anyway, now I'm off to create a post on I character I've never seen in action or played in the hopes of not breaking continuity!

Wish me luck (I'll need it).

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Howdy, johnsoncake, and welcome to the group!

It'll be interesting to see which character you're running for now. If it's Akaysha, you'll be the fourth player to take over her, so don't worry too much about consistency. We've all assumed she's just got some kind of severe dissociative disorder, probably from an excess of gnomishness.

--T

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah, it is Akaysha. Best thing, brainy and sing-songy.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The former player will not be able to rejoin after all. With that in mind, I'll keep the party maximum at six for the Aucothian Campaign. As before, as long as the party has at least five players, I will not actively recruit more members.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Posting Schedule Delay and Temporary Modification for July 3-9

My post(s) for the period of July 3-5 will probably be delayed. I plan to have them available by 11:00 am PDT, Tuesday, July 6th. Consequently, the subsequent player posting due date is extended to 11:00 pm, Wednesday, July 7th, and my next posting due date to 11:00 am, Friday, July 9th. After that, the schedule will return to its normal pattern.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had some unexpected (but not serious) complications this past week, especially today and yesterday, so my apologies for the delay. I will be spending tonight playing catch-up.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    forgot to mention. My parents come into town next week (friday) and leave the following tuesday. I may miss a post or two. Because it is short, just make assumption as to what Zephyr would say/do (but don't get him killed ).

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the notification, Yukonhorror. I'll let the rest of the party handle Zephyr, with the trust that he won't suddenly fly off on a wild tangent.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My posts will be delayed tonight by a few hours. It should not be significant enough to warrant an overall delay in the posting schedule.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Johnsoncake has withdrawn from the game. Although we technically have five active players, with Cocoa gone indefinitely, I am considering soliciting another player. Before I post on the Campaign Invitations thread I will be contacting some individuals directly. During that time, if anyone has any candidates they would like to bring to my attention, please do so. Unless players come up with a creative way to introduce their characters directly into the party at this point (I confess I don't have any ideas forthcoming), they will have to be content with running Dolan temporarily.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, rats. Hope we're able to find somebody. In the meantime, do we want to run Dolan as a companion, or do you have other plans? I'm also going to ask some folks in my in-person game to see if they're interested. I'll let you know if any of them are.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Palpatim View Post
    Well, rats. Hope we're able to find somebody. In the meantime, do we want to run Dolan as a companion, or do you have other plans? I'm also going to ask some folks in my in-person game to see if they're interested. I'll let you know if any of them are.
    Thank you for asking. I will put up Dolan as a companion character this weekend, until a new player is found.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DiscipleofYawgmoth and jpatterson, whom some of you know from our chat games, have agreed to try the pbp game on a very provisional basis. Jpatterson will certainly start with Dolan's companion version. For DiscipleofYawgmoth, we'll see whether to use Ariellana's companion-type or try something else. Since this is very much a test-drive for both of them, if you have been talking with potential new players, please go ahead and continue those conversations, and if things look favorable, have them get in touch with me.

Tangentially-related, after we complete this story segment for The Autumn Knight, I'll be looking for one to three new players to round out the party on the last leg of the adventure, so please keep an eye open for potential participants in that game, too.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    umiushi, someone contacted me over the weekend regarding a chat-based D&D game. seadogstyle was his name. He said he had 1 or 2 OTHER buddies who may ALSO be interested in a chat game. May want to drop them a note. I can't vouch for them one iota, but they are interested.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    umiushi, someone contacted me over the weekend regarding a chat-based D&D game. seadogstyle was his name. He said he had 1 or 2 OTHER buddies who may ALSO be interested in a chat game. May want to drop them a note. I can't vouch for them one iota, but they are interested.
    Just to follow up, I have contacted Seadogstyle and they may be interested. I'm currently waiting on their decision.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast