Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 6 of 220 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Out-of-character adventure discussion

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Myn will be moving to cover as much area on the dock as possible, and readying a charge in case the dockworkers do something hostile towards the party or the dragonborn. I'll define "hostile" as any of the dockworkers attempting a move action towards one of the people I'm protecting, or any attack by any enemy upon any friendly. The bodyguard and the official will be attacked if they move aggressively (without talking, or with a drawn weapon), or attack in any way. Are there any circumstances that would prevent this from happening, Umi?

Move Action: Move to the square one south and six west of Morgran's current position.
    Minor Action: Wild Shape (into form).
    Standard Action: Ready a charge.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC main post #5 for Acqua Alta

This post complements the fifth Main Post in the Acqua Alta thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, April 21st. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, April 23rd.

Sorry about misinterpreting Morgran's actions during the last posting cycle. Hopefully nothing untoward will come of it.

Posting Schedule
    I am wondering if the altered posting schedule from last weekend led to some confusion. Just to be clear, the weekend due date for players' posts is normally Saturday at 11:00 pm, not Sunday. I would like part of the weekend to review the whole situation, myself.

Updated Map
    [img=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/944/jetty4.jpg]

Combat Status
    Zephyr is almost certainly going to make it to the jetty now that he's got ahold of the rope. Neither side appears to be attacking. Unless something in the next set of player posts changes my mind, I will stop using a combat format for this encounter. In that case, the party should exchange its last words with the dock crew, and then decide on its next destination. Beilston Mound, to the east, and then north along the promontory, is the most obvious choice. Otherwise, the party can pick a direction and head that way. The jetty ends next to a high embankment of weed-strewn but otherwise bare earth that stretches to the east and west, and obscures the party's view of what lies further south; but meadows and woods, or perhaps farmland and buildings, are all reasonable assumptions.

Ariellana (Initiative Count 24)

Free Action: Speech

Tanglar (Initiative Count 21+)

No Action: Delay

Zephyr (Initiative Count 21)
    Status: granting combat advantage and -5 to hit until start of Zephyr's next turn

Move action: Swim (Walk) towards rope (Swim Check 28; successful)
    Minor Action: grab rope and catch breath (successful)
    Move action: (Run) Pulling myself along rope (Strength Check 17; successful - Zephyr proceeds along the rope at half speed and resists river eddies)

Trade Ministry Official (Initiative Count 17)

Guard (Initiative Count 16)

Standard Action: Ready (trigger unrevealed; action unrevealed - not triggered this round)

Acolyte (Initiative Count 12)

Move Action: Stand up
    Free Action: Speech

Morgran (Initiative Count 10)

Minor Action: Active Insight Check

Myn (Initiative Count 7)

Move Action: Move to the square one south and six west of Morgran's current position.
    Minor Action: Wild Shape (into form).
    Standard Action: Ready a charge at anyone showing hostility. (Not triggered)

Dock Workers (Initiative Count 2)

Galin (no initiative count)

Last edited by Umiushi; 04-20-2009 at 05:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll assume I don't need to roll anymore then.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Umi sent me a list of things Ariellana learned with the history check.

I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to share. In my AA post, I'll try to include most of it as Ariellana's private thoughts.

The important bits are:

Ariellana believes that what's going on is a local thing, not related to the general political instability in the land.

"Rafias Ring" is probably referring to an Imperial Hospital in Beilston Mound, which is the town the temple official is encouraging our characters to head to. The hospital takes care of the sick and does charity work.

Ariellana knows a bookseller in Beilston Mound. It's been years since she's been to this town, though. She doesn't know if the bookseller is still living there or still in business.

--------

Ariellana has no opinion about the fuss between the dragonborn and the trade ministry. She is happy no one is dead and that she doesn't have to fight or run. Other than that, she does not care if we find out what's going on or if we do anything about it. She will question the dragonborn about what it meant, but she's doing it more out of politeness and a sense of self-preservation than anything else.

If others have opinions about what to do, she will go along.

She'd be perfectly happy to stay in town overnight. She'd like to recuperate from the barge trip. She wouldn't mind looking up the bookseller to see if she (the bookseller) is still in business. Ariellana has a book or two that she's finished and is ready to sell. She'd like to see if the bookseller has anything interesting to buy or trade. She'd also like to let the bookseller know of her present circumstances, and perhaps pick up or pass on any messages to or from various correspondents.

One possibility for our group's actions over the next round or two:

We find out a bit more from the dragonborn. Myn and Morgran are probably the ones most likely to interact well with the trade ministry official and the dragonborn. Then, we probably grab all of our gear and troop up to town with the dragonborn. Perhaps we should go to the Rafias Ring hospital as suggested by the Trade Ministry official. Or we can see what the dragonborn suggests.

-----------

If we're not in combat, I assume that means we can post in the AA thread repeatedly and in any order? And that we can role-play the conversation with updates or responses from Umi?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    I'll assume I don't need to roll anymore then.
    Yes, you don't need to roll anymore. You will continue to move towards the jetty at eight squares per round until you reach it and climb up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post

I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to share. In my AA post, I'll try to include most of it as Ariellana's private thoughts.

-----------

If we're not in combat, I assume that means we can post in the AA thread repeatedly and in any order? And that we can role-play the conversation with updates or responses from Umi?
    On sharing messages
    Unless I specifically say otherwise, players may share the information I give them. Sending information via messages is simply my way of giving the players the option to keep information private.

Posting
    You may always post in any order on any thread. I tried to state that earlier, but I'm sorry it wasn't made clear. I don't want to force people who roll low on initiative to wait until the last few moments to post.

You may also post repeatedly on the AA thread, just like you can on the OOC thread. My only request is that AA thread posts remain as prose.

For all threads, players should not overload their actions or write in actions for others; I only mention it in relation to the AA thread right now because it's probably easier to inadvertently do that on the AA thread as opposed to other threads. Since I haven't seen any sign of that happening, I'm not particularly worried.

As before, if you feel like making a post, go ahead and make it. If I think any of the threads are becoming too chaotic, I will say something. Similarly, if any of you feels that way, please let me know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With the lack of overt hostility, Myn decides that his efforts would be best put towards diffusing the situation. After taking a quick glance around, Wild Shapes back to his elven form and tries to look relaxed.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Sorry for the short posts, school's been keeping me busy.

Minor Action: Wild Shape (into elven form)
    Minor Action: Perception Check
    Standard Action: Ready a Minor Action to use Wild Shape. Same criteria as last ready.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Myn View Post
    With the lack of overt hostility, Myn decides that his efforts would be best put towards diffusing the situation. After taking a quick glance around, Wild Shapes back to his elven form and tries to look relaxed.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Sorry for the short posts, school's been keeping me busy.

Minor Action: Wild Shape (into elven form)
    Minor Action: Perception Check
    Standard Action: Ready a Minor Action to use Wild Shape. Same criteria as last ready.
    There is no problem with short posts when necessary.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post

The important bits are:

Ariellana believes that what's going on is a local thing, not related to the general political instability in the land.

"Rafias Ring" is probably referring to an Imperial Hospital in Beilston Mound, which is the town the temple official is encouraging our characters to head to. The hospital takes care of the sick and does charity work.

Ariellana knows a bookseller in Beilston Mound. It's been years since she's been to this town, though. She doesn't know if the bookseller is still living there or still in business.

--------

Ariellana has no opinion about the fuss between the dragonborn and the trade ministry. She is happy no one is dead and that she doesn't have to fight or run. Other than that, she does not care if we find out what's going on or if we do anything about it. She will question the dragonborn about what it meant, but she's doing it more out of politeness and a sense of self-preservation than anything else.

If others have opinions about what to do, she will go along.

She'd be perfectly happy to stay in town overnight. She'd like to recuperate from the barge trip. She wouldn't mind looking up the bookseller to see if she (the bookseller) is still in business. Ariellana has a book or two that she's finished and is ready to sell. She'd like to see if the bookseller has anything interesting to buy or trade. She'd also like to let the bookseller know of her present circumstances, and perhaps pick up or pass on any messages to or from various correspondents.

One possibility for our group's actions over the next round or two:

We find out a bit more from the dragonborn. Myn and Morgran are probably the ones most likely to interact well with the trade ministry official and the dragonborn. Then, we probably grab all of our gear and troop up to town with the dragonborn. Perhaps we should go to the Rafias Ring hospital as suggested by the Trade Ministry official. Or we can see what the dragonborn suggests.

-----------

I am thinking see what the dragonborn has to say. If this is inconsequential (as you believe), then I say go to the hospital. But if he needs help/protection until he reaches his final destination, I am up for that.

All-in-all, curious as to what is going on, and willing to do what it takes to feed said curiosity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am thinking see what the dragonborn has to say.
    Yep, sounds good. That's what your character was asking about. My character is listening carefully. She feels that forewarned is forearmed and all that stuff, even if it's only enough warning to stay out of the way.

If this is inconsequential (as you believe),
    She believes that it's a local issue rather than a national issue. That doesn't mean it's inconsequential, or that it won't become a bigger issue later.

She doesn't much care about the rich and well-connected and their squabbles. That's her personal feeling. But I (as a player, not a character) recognize a plot lure when I see one. We should listen to what the dragonborn has to say before we decide who to see and what to do. Going into the town seems like the logical choice after we've heard both the dragonborn's and the trade ministry official's point of view.

All-in-all, curious as to what is going on, and willing to do what it takes to feed said curiosity.
    Of course!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC main post #6 for Acqua Alta

This post complements the sixth Main Post in the Acqua Alta thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, April 25th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, April 27th.

Not much to talk about here; do you stay or do you go? If the situation warrants it, I may make additional posts, especially if I can get them turned out before Thursday night. That way, it might be possible to fit an extra turn in, and send the party on its way.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sweet! Brownie points.

I say let's go check out the hospital. Of course my character can't make reference to it, because he was in the water when it was mentioned.

As such will obstain from story progressing posts until zephyr has something insightful or progressive to add.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Umi sent me a note:

I think I should clarify one of the official's comments from before. Rather than suggesting the party visit those places, she was daring you to do so. It was more of a "try your luck there, but you won't get anywhere" kind of comment. I just don't want you get any unusual expectations if you should make a point of stopping at the hospital or tracking down the prefect.
    If you'd like, you can imagine a slightly dry sarcasm in Ariellana's tone of voice as she relates what the trade ministry official "suggested". Or maybe Ariellana didn't hear the official clearly enough to catch the subtext.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooooh

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm all for checking out the town. RP-wise I'm sure our characters would like some food and rest, considering how hard it would have been to keep food down during the barge's travels. Myn would also like to figure out exactly why the trade official is menacing certain religions, if at least to avoid such a fate for the refugees he is protecting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myn View Post
    I'm all for checking out the town. RP-wise I'm sure our characters would like some food and rest, considering how hard it would have been to keep food down during the barge's travels. Myn would also like to figure out exactly why the trade official is menacing certain religions, if at least to avoid such a fate for the refugees he is protecting.

Page 6 of 220 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast