Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 9 of 220 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Out-of-character adventure discussion

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post
    Do we have time to get a few things from the street vendors on the way? Ariellana needs a belt or something to make a belt from, and Myn needs some clothes. Can we assume that this was done on our way to the inn?
    You have time, but a moment's observation shows that none of the hawkers on this street are selling anything more than trinkets and small items. Judging from the fact that they are carrying all their wares with them, there is probably some regulation limiting how goods may be sold on this specific thoroughfare.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, we'll deal with all that later, then. On to the inn!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC post for The Corner Inn

As discussed previously, the characters will have a brief chance to interact during this scene, but I will move along with subsequent events very shortly (within the current posting period) unless something happens that requires the action to be focused here.

The fee as presented will cost everybody a little over one and a half staters. Even though there is no private room to share, I assume Zephyr's offer to Morgran is still good. They're getting along pretty well for having first met the day before, but that's something I fully approve of. I may do more than just a double post, but that also depends on how available I am over the course of the week.

Inns and taverns are often separate establishments in this land, and it looks like The Second Candle isn't in the business of serving meals. If I interpret Zephyr's agenda correctly, after getting settled in, the party will attempt to locate someplace where everyone can enjoy dinner.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I assumed they served dinner. I put in my post my misunderstanding. Zephyr will lend money to who needs it, but will keep a tally of who he has lent his money to. For me, just assume, I pay the amount, take a bath, and find a table at the restaurant she suggests.

Also, are the baths private or semi-public. I.e. is it like a roman bathhouse or like the bathtub in my house? If it is semi-public, zephyr will not be removing his sash and will allow it to soak in bathwater. If it becomes a problem or an issue that needs to be settled in game, I'd rather do that sooner than later (considering I leave on Tuesday). I don't want to have to force JC to deal with that situation.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ariellana is fine with everything that has been proposed so far.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    Also, are the baths private or semi-public. I.e. is it like a roman bathhouse or like the bathtub in my house? If it is semi-public, zephyr will not be removing his sash and will allow it to soak in bathwater. If it becomes a problem or an issue that needs to be settled in game, I'd rather do that sooner than later (considering I leave on Tuesday). I don't want to have to force JC to deal with that situation.
    Your characters would expect the baths to be semi-public, with private baths available for an additional fee. Zephyr's experience in other settlements indicates that not removing the sash should not be an issue; it is acceptable for people to bathe with towels, jewelry, and minor articles of clothing.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    do you need me to make a post about the bathing, or just assume it just happens?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    do you need me to make a post about the bathing, or just assume it just happens?
    I will respond to Zephyr and Ariellana's actions in the inn, and then describe the bathhouse, probably tonight. At that point, you may post about the bathhouse, if you wish.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there, just popping in to ask roughly how much some clothing would cost, and to apologize for being so quiet these past weeks. Finals are coming up and my attention is somewhat diverted from P&PGames. I'll be back up to speed in a few weeks, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Myn, good luck with finals and all the other end-of-term overload!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Myn View Post
    Hey there, just popping in to ask roughly how much some clothing would cost, and to apologize for being so quiet these past weeks.
    Although Myn might not know, himself, a quick inquiry within the party will reveal that the plainest set of functional clothing would cost no less than a stater. Anything cheaper, and durability will be sacrificed. Pay any attention to style, or not enough to searching out a good deal, and the price goes up rapidly. Clothing that would actually be stylish enough, or fine enough, to attract notice will cost dozens of staters, and that's still staying within the realm of middle class city folk.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC main post #11 for Acqua Alta

This post complements the eleventh Main Post in the Acqua Alta thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, May 9th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, May 11th.

Zephyr pays for himself and Morgran. Everyone else pays their own way. I have updated my records to reflect this.

The baths are divided by sex, and along broad, racial lines. However, half-elves, half-orcs, eladrin, and elves all share the same facilities as the humans, with the upshot being that Ariellana is off by herself.

The alternate baths and services the attendant mentions are what you might expect. There are baths of different temperatures, and possibly different compositions. There are private baths, steam baths, and flowing water baths. Room for scrubbing, hygienic services, and massage tables are probably to be found. Toiletries are available for purchase. Beverages and snacks are served in the antechamber.

Anyone who wants to learn more should ask the attendant. Otherwise, I will assume that you make use of the main baths that are free with your tokens.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 05-08-2009 at 06:01 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quickly, sorry about the shadiness of my posts, I am also going through finals right now.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC main post #12 for Acqua Alta

This post complements the twelfth Main Post in the Acqua Alta thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, May 12th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, May 14th.

The basic bath treatment is something you are all familiar with, even those of you from sept villages.

This eating establishment is one or two steps above a typical tavern, but many of you have probably eaten at something similar a few times in the past. Payment for meals is expected to be made in advance, or upon service. The list of prices is a measure of the place's pride; some meaner tavern keepers adjust their costs on the fly depending on the look of the custom. Tipping is not practiced for dining or drinking.

A bowl of "thick pottage" and a small beer would be the most frugal meal that would fall within expected bounds. The green pottage is more like a first course. The "restorant" is a medicinal broth. Calismus is colored and decorated blancmange. Thick beer and braggot are varieties of hydromel. Ale is expected to be sweet, due to being flavored by grut herbs rather than hops. Aucothian beer is flavored with hops or hops-like herbs, for preservation as much as flavor. Viskya is a lightly golden, distilled beverage. Whitethorn brandy is a famous beverage from the Realm of Erathis. A placky is a kind of pizza-like pastry, and seems to be the only bread-based item offered here. Black mead and spear cheese are menu items that may not be familiar to your characters.

The next post will continue in the tavern, so don't have your characters leave at the end of your posts.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 05-12-2009 at 12:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I should start reading both OOC and story before posting. Ahh well. This is my last post before my vacation. Zephyr will listen to what every body has to say and accompany you to wherever you decide to go.

IF something "happens" in the tavern, JC is ready to get rough and rowdy with Zephyr if NEED be.

Have fun without me, and don't get yourselves killed or thown into prison.