Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 8 of 220 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Out-of-character adventure discussion

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Sounds good to me.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post
    Since the bond-fee to keep our armor and weapons is 10-15 silver pieces (staters), those who have issues can simply pay the bond. We'll get the money back when we leave town, right? My character has a few gold pieces left, if necessary.
    It's been over a month since I posted this, so I would like to remind everyone about the conversion to the silver standard described here: http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...ead.php?t=9535

After using gold pieces to deal with the mechanics of character creation, in the game world itself, all the characters started with a single gold piece's worth of funds. At most, the characters should have a few silver coins left, so twelve staters is a significant fee, and rooms at the Larix Ark are indeed expensive.

You have the reasonable expectation that you will receive all or most of the money you put up when you leave town, provided you do nothing to forfeit it during your stay. There might be a fee of up to 10%; it varies from place to place. Any issues involving corrupt guards represent a special-case exception.

Moving on to a different topic, if anyone hasn't managed to read, or at least skim, last Wednesday's post http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=72128&postcount=3 it would be good to do so.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 04-27-2009 at 09:07 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to do an insight check on this guard to see how candid she's being (i.e. whether she's going to steal our stuff). Am I correct in assuming that you should roll this, Umi?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Myn View Post
    I'm going to do an insight check on this guard to see how candid she's being (i.e. whether she's going to steal our stuff). Am I correct in assuming that you should roll this, Umi?
    That is correct. I'll message you the result.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @umi
    Now that zephyr has answered the questions and put his arms away, he is keeping to himself and trying to blend into the crowd (metaphorically).

Just noting in case you wonder why I don't post in game.

@other players.
    It seems custom to not be armed within a city. Not to tell you how to play your character (don't know their personality), but it seems like a good idea to comply. If we get in a bona fide scuffle, there is always impromptu weapons like chairs.

Especially the refugees. Don't want to draw attention to ourselves.

I don't want to draw attention for a completely different reason, but that is between me and the GM.

Sorry for the metagaming, but thought I'd note.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the meta-gaming thread, right?

My character is OK with checking weapons and armor. We have our daggers, there are other improvised weapons, plus some people have abilities beyond fighting, plus we don't have any plans to get into a fight. As long as we don't have to leave town unexpectedly without our gear, we're fine.

My character won't abandon her traveling companions. If tanglar won't go into town, she'll stay with him until your characters are done. She'd much rather go into town. She'll check her stuff as soon as she knows which way tanglar will jump.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to do an insight check (+9) also if you don't mind Umi.

As far as going in or staying out, I'd like to go in to find someplace to get into some trouble (not necessarily trouble in the town).

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC main post #9 for Acqua Alta

This post complements the ninth Main Post in the Acqua Alta thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, May 2nd. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, May 4th.

Let's get past this entrance, and either back outside, or into Beilston Mound. If the party settles everything, especially by Thursday, I might be able to sneak in a double post again. Right now, in addition to obvious business, the guards are waiting for a few more individual answers, assuming that the party decides they want to go through:

The guards are still expecting individual answers to any of the initial questions that's not applicably answered by being in a group. Specifically, they want to know what each of you claim to be, and where everyone is from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What more does Ariellana need to do?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What more does Ariellana need to do?
    For Ariellana, name and occupation (or whatever you do, or style yourself as). The guards know some "occupations" because they were volunteered (Tanglar) or obvious (Morgran), and no names, as of yet. For location, just speak up if you don't want to be identified as "coming from Byswell Town" and/or "foreigner." Zephyr's already stated he's from a sept village.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 04-30-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For Ariellana, name and occupation (or whatever you do, or style yourself as).
    I edited my post to add a name and occupation. I don't actually know what to call her occupation. It's the equivalent of the person in charge of the roadie crew for rock concerts and other traveling enterprises. Logistics manager? That's too OOC. Caravan master? She's not the trader, just the manager of everything else. Also, she'll handle cargo trips on boats as well as by caravan. Quartermaster? Isn't that too military and not quite right anyway?

Ariellana doesn't really have a location -- she's been on the road for decades and has no fixed abode. That's especially so since she's between jobs. Almost everything she owns is with her. A few special things that can't be carried are stored with more-settled friends scattered here and there.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't actually know what to call her occupation. It's the equivalent of the person in charge of the roadie crew for rock concerts and other traveling enterprises. Logistics manager? That's too OOC. Caravan master? She's not the trader, just the manager of everything else. Also, she'll handle cargo trips on boats as well as by caravan. Quartermaster? Isn't that too military and not quite right anyway?
    Quartermaster is rather military, but would be acceptable. What about "provisioner" or something similar? What you already answered in your edit will serve the current purpose, too.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC main post #10 for Acqua Alta

This post complements the tenth Main Post in the Acqua Alta thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, May 5th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, May 7th.

May
    As it is a new calendar month, everyone's participation is once again given a clean slate.

Assumed Actions
    In order to move events along in a speedier manner, I will be making more use of opt-in and opt-out policies. If this requires clarification, please don't hesitate to ask, but I believe it will be self-explanatory from its application.

At this point, it is my assumption that everyone in the party will try to proceed directly to the Second Candle Inn; secure lodgings if available; stow your equipment; bathe, because you could all use it and that's the custom; and then proceed to whichever destination you agree upon next. My next post will reflect that group intention, unless anyone in the party explicitly states otherwise (opts out). Please note that this is your intent (as I currently believe it), not necessarily your future.

Player Posts
    So, your two choices for this next posting period are to either come up with an alternate agenda to what I just laid out, or to stick with the agenda and move on to discussing and deciding what the group's destination after all that will be.

Possible Doubling-Up
    My next post will probably deal with the inn and surrounding events. I may post a second time, regarding the party's subsequent destination. If anyone wants to stop and focus on a particular scene, they are welcome to do so; otherwise they are free to make "along the way"-types of posts. Also, if you feel that a double-post from me later this week is moving too quickly, say something. My own feeling is that I'm not moving quickly enough, so if perception is running counter to that, I need to know.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I posted in main game post. Unless the party disagrees with my statement, assume I do all of the things I say we should do.

I COMPLETELY forgot I never mentioned my name. I mentioned where I was from, but not my name. oops. Ahh well. I told you i was nervous .

As for pace, I don't mind it going faster.
    Last edited by yukonhorror; 05-04-2009 at 10:36 AM.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    At this point, it is my assumption that everyone in the party will try to proceed directly to the Second Candle Inn; secure lodgings if available; stow your equipment; bathe, because you could all use it and that's the custom; and then proceed to whichever destination you agree upon next.
    Sounds good to me.

Do we have time to get a few things from the street vendors on the way? Ariellana needs a belt or something to make a belt from, and Myn needs some clothes. Can we assume that this was done on our way to the inn?

Also, if you feel that a double-post from me later this week is moving too quickly, say something. My own feeling is that I'm not moving quickly enough, so if perception is running counter to that, I need to know.
    I am fine either way.