Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 74 of 220 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3291

Thread: Out-of-character adventure discussion

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I vote, if we can, perform gentle repose on the magus so it seems like we didn't outright murder her.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Knowledge checks for Karu, thinking at she paces:

* Knowledge check (streetwise): Radimoth *

* Knowledge check (dungeoneering): Lake Izzmarg *

* Knowledge check (history): Waselawaya *

* Knowledge check (history): Eirin Tuwi *

* Knowledge check (history): Master Nemzpan *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    02-03-2010 09:38 AM
    Knowledge check (streetwise): Radimoth: 1d20 (16) - 1 (1) = 15
    Knowledge check (dungeoneering): Lake Izzmarg: 1d20 (17) + 1 (1) = 18
    Knowledge check (history): Waselawaya: 1d20 (16)
    Knowledge check (history): Eirin Tuwi: 1d20 (16)
    Knowledge check (history): Master Nemzpan: 1d20 (1)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, Gentle Repose for the Magus would be good. She can't escape our questions merely by committing suicide!

Ariellana has +12 in history, +7 in Arcana, +5 in Religion, and +10 in Thievery (or +12 with thieves' tools). If any of those can be used for knowledge checks, please do so!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post
    Yes, Gentle Repose for the Magus would be good. She can't escape our questions merely by committing suicide!

Ariellana has +12 in history, +7 in Arcana, +5 in Religion, and +10 in Thievery (or +12 with thieves' tools). If any of those can be used for knowledge checks, please do so!
    Just to make sure you understand, Gentle Repose simply preserves the body (and keeps it from being raised as an undead). Raise Dead is awfully expensive at our level, if it's available at all. Though with Rafias's Ring about, it might be.

By the way Ariellana has a simply amazing history! I don't even want to know how it got that high! It will be quite a boon when we start asking about who and where things take place.

As for the outstanding questions for Yrisz. I was thinking of just giving you base rolls, Umi, by which you could apply the appropriate skills too.

I hope this helps to speed things.

Skills
    Arcana: -1
    Diplomacy: 8
    Dungeoneering: 4
    Heal: 9
    History: -1
    Nature: 4
    Perception: 9
    Religion: 4
    Streetwise: 3

Who is:
    Master Acrod
    * Who is Acrod *

Krushevx, Hieromonk of the Garden of Preparation (of course I know who he is, mostly, but does Yrisz?)
    * Who is Krushevx *

Where is:
    Potomute- this she will ask Akaysha as Yrisz honestly doesn't know.

Montane- Where or what is it, I have a sneaky suspicion were at or near there.
    * Where is Montane *

Imareska- from Rogur's stories.
    * where is Imareska *

What does:
    E's statement "blood of the moon should work" mean.
    * "blood of the moon should work" *

Does the Vellum thirds paper seem perhaps the beginning of a ritual?
    * Is the 1/3s Vellum a ritual *

What is this scandal that happened on the Vodlaian Archipelago that effected people here? This is a question she's also asking Akaysha if she doesn't know herself.
    * what scandal happen in Vodlaian Archipelago *

Is there any council/help to be had in resolving the Twilight's Tryst that Yrisz knows of?
    * Who is of help here in town *

Luck find us.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    02-04-2010 05:28 AM
    Who is Acrod : 1d20 (4)
    Who is Krushevx : 1d20 (5)
    Where is Montane : 1d20 (8)
    where is Imareska : 1d20 (17)
    "blood of the moon should work" : 1d20 (11)
    Is the 1/3s Vellum a ritual : 1d20 (16)
    what scandal happen in Vodlaian Archipelago : 1d20 (2)
    Who is of help here in town : 1d20 (19)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The carnelian and the silver comb are both quite valuable. The carnelian is worth a gold piece, and the comb even more: 250 staters, Rogur would say.

Here's a master list of knowledge, based on the various rolls so far. Anyone who makes the appropriate numbers gets the relevant information. I noted Ariellana's results here, since they weren't rolled in the forum.

Eirin Tuwi
    (History, Nature DC 15)
    Eirin Tuwi does sound like it might be a name from the Deep Woods.

(Ariellana - History DC 20)
    Eirin Tuwi is a naming style in Elven that means "the gibbous-shaped dark portion of an orb that is illuminated as a crescent." It seems to have an ill aspect to it, and doesn't sound like a name that would normally be given.

Lake Izzmarg
    (Dungeoneering DC 15)
    You have heard in passing the name "Izzmarg Fortress," now ruins that rest on an island in a lake of the same name.

"Izzmarg Fortress" is a regional nickname given to a box of tools or objects that is placed somewhere obscure, and because its owner never has a need for it, eventually forgotten about. Izzmarg Fortress is also the name given to ruins that lie somewhere up in the mountains, but even if those ruins are from the time before when Aucothia expanded into the east, why build so far from any pass or inhabited region? What would it protect, and where would it threaten? Are those ruins really of a fortress?

(Nature DC 20)
    You have heard of this large lake in the barren highlands north of Beilston. A river from the lake, the Izzmarg Flow, joins the Yu River as a tributary a few miles to the east.

Master Nemzpan
    (History, Religion Check under 10)
    You do not know this person.

Master Nemzpan was the chief priest of the Church of Saint Avandra in Beilston Mound. When the Edict of Evocation was presented and the Church was pulled down last autumn, he went missing and has not been found since.

Radimoth
    (Streetwise Check under 15)
    You would not recognize this name.

(Streetwise DC 15)
    Radimoth is Beilston's current Vogt, a tiefling said to be a devout adherent of Torog, the King that Crawls. He is very diligent in the imprisonment and interrogation of any that disturb the peace, most of the time. The current outbreak of uncontrolled violence is rumored to be a source of great personal frustration to him, frustration he readily shares with any who come into his sphere of influence.

Seelie/Unseelie
    (Ariellana - Arcana DC 15)
    In the Sealed Lands of the Feywild, the Seelie Court is said uphold the rule of civilization, while rebels and criminals gather under the banner of the Unseelie Court, its twisted mockery.

Waselawaya (History Check under 20)
    You do not know this word.

Waselawaya is the ghost of a bard that haunts the woerd. She usually appears to herald various events that affect Beilston. It is said she sings a song without words that represents Beilston's fate, and the city will end when she finishes it. It is further stated that if she appears four times in one day to sing all four movements of the song, it will be complete.

Downloads
    Uploads
    By the way Ariellana has a simply amazing history! I don't even want to know how it got that high! It will be quite a boon when we start asking about who and where things take place.
    High Int, bonus for being an Eladrin, and trained, plus one more for being at level 2. It supports her personality and her own history. She's bookish and she's been traveling for decades. She likes learning things and keeps her eyes and ears open when people say and do things. She finds booksellers whenever possible, to buy new books and sell the ones she's done with.

Her Cha-based skills are quite average, so don't depend on her charm or understanding of humanoid-nature.

The thievery skill is from Eladrin Education. I decided that she had been trained as a locksmith and trapsmith (or untrap-smith). She also knows knots and stuff. That's from working for the merchanting company. She was the logistics person for various traveling caravans, boats, etc.

Just to make sure you understand, Gentle Repose simply preserves the body (and keeps it from being raised as an undead). Raise Dead is awfully expensive at our level, if it's available at all. Though with Rafias's Ring about, it might be.
    The idea is to preserve the bodies so that someone else can raise them if they want. Keeping the Magus from coming back as some kind of undead or summoned/bound creature would also be wise, given the beings we encountered on the way up to find her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    High Int, bonus for being an Eladrin, and trained, plus one more for being at level 2. It supports her personality and her own history.
    Wow, that's going to be so useful, as she can take 10 and crack most DCs which is so nice.

Keeping track of what Yrisz knows so far (she was so close to some many realizations with all her 19s and 14s). But all in all she is remarkably uneducated (and perhaps a bit slow witted as well I'm afraid). History and Arcana checks are a waste of a roll on my part I'm afraid, I will not burden the party with them in the future. Sigh. She's going to have to get most of her info by asking questions to the party I'm afraid. I'm glad we have Ariellana (and no doubt Akaysha) to keep her striate.

Lake Izzmarg
    (Nature DC 20)
    You have heard of this large lake in the barren highlands north of Beilston. A river from the lake, the Izzmarg Flow, joins the Yu River as a tributary a few miles to the east.

Seelie/Unseelie
    (Ariellana - Arcana DC 15)
    In the Sealed Lands of the Feywild, the Seelie Court is said uphold the rule of civilization, while rebels and criminals gather under the banner of the Unseelie Court, its twisted mockery.

The idea is to preserve the bodies so that someone else can raise them if they want. Keeping the Magus from coming back as some kind of undead or summoned/bound creature would also be wise, given the beings we encountered on the way up to find her.
    That is very good thinking, tell Yrisz thus in character and I think she'll understand. I had my doubts wether Yrisz would like the idea of using our limited resources on E, as she unlimited respect for those who have fallen defending the weak, which Myn obvious did. But I can take care of that respect in character and still take care of E with the Gentle Repose.

Yrisz will ask Rogur and Ariellana in passing to keep an eye out for E's water closet (as she seems the type to have one) or even just a chamber pot will do at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    The carnelian and the silver comb are both quite valuable. The carnelian is worth a gold piece, and the comb even more: 250 staters, Rogur would say.
    My gosh, that's a lot of silvers (staters). The stuff of nobles. Yrisz might not notice such access I'm afraid (other then her hair does need combing at this point)...guard it well Rogur, for that comb is probably a years wage for a farmer in town.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---

Cocoa a thought. I noticed that you were talking about the creature in your back pack body in your story post. The one I think is Fromizzenthorp, though I have no direct proof linking him so. I just wanted to say that I was under the impression that it wasn't so much a body anymore then smear of guts and other smelly things. Just a thought.

I thought the creature was stuffed in a belt pouch. Wherever it was, it's not there anymore, and the rope holding it, as well as the rest of the contents of the container, are messy with gore and a little charred. In most cases, they should be still usable with some cleaning. If you were storing your bedroll or trail rations in the same location, you might want to consider replacing them.
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 02-04-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Downloads
    Uploads
    I noticed that you were talking about the creature in your back pack body in your story post. The one I think is Fromizzenthorp, though I have no direct proof linking him so. I just wanted to say that I was under the impression that it wasn't so much a body anymore then smear of guts and other smelly things. Just a thought.
    There are some sort of physical remains, no matter how battered. Who knows what can be done in the hands of a skilled necromancer?

Does Ariellana know anything about the ritual Yrisz mentioned, "something agricultural"?

What about the scandal in the archipelago?

And how about the Blood of the Moon reference?

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    "There are some sort of physical remains, no matter how battered. Who knows what can be done in the hands of a skilled necromancer?"

That's probably true! I've learned never to underestimate what a necromancer can deal with, yucky as it may be.

As for your other questions, I hope they were directed Umi's way as I don't really have the answers to them I'm afraid.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    by the way, I like the mention of a fortress. I can finally tote my dire pick without feeling like a criminal.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for your other questions, I hope they were directed Umi's way
    Yep. I wasn't sure if they could be answered with our skill checks.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to have Duvek return to the room in my next post, but since Zephyr and Karu speak to Duvek in their posts, I will address his return by editing Acqua Alta #523. I'm adding a few more brief events, so please take a moment to reread it.

Zephyr should return in time to be present for the results of the search that are announced. His trip back to the top floor is without incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithelryn View Post
    Who is:
    Master Acrod

Krushevx, Hieromonk of the Garden of Preparation (of course I know who he is, mostly, but does Yrisz?)

Where is:
    Montane- Where or what is it, I have a sneaky suspicion were at or near there.

Imareska- from Rogur's stories.

What does:
    E's statement "blood of the moon should work" mean.

Does the Vellum thirds paper seem perhaps the beginning of a ritual?

What is this scandal that happened on the Vodlaian Archipelago that effected people here? This is a question she's also asking Akaysha if she doesn't know herself.

Is there any council/help to be had in resolving the Twilight's Tryst that Yrisz knows of?
    Yrisiz has not heard of Acrod or Krushevx.

A montane is a region of alpine forest. Krushevx' letter made clear he was referring to a specific location with that name, but Yrisz doesn't know where that is.

Imareska is the largest city of the east, lying at the mouth of the Yu River. Among its other qualities, it is home to the Vulysen Sisterhood's Aucothian headquarters. Yrisz has never been east of the mountains, but she would know this; presumably the writing's reference to "the Imareska" threw her off.

"Blood of the moon" does not refer to any particular, known phenomenon. There are any number of interpretations Yrisz could think of. For example, Yrisz is a Vulysen Sister, and the Magus was trying to cut her open. That would be one possible way to construe "blood of the moon."

The vellum paper with the repetitive writing is too simplistic to be part of any ritual Yrisz can think of.

Yrisz was not previously aware of any scandal involving the Vodlaian Archipelago.

The Sisterhood's presence is not strong enough in Beilston Mound to merit the presence of a powerful priestess that could undo such a curse. In terms of other places of learning, Yrisz is of course aware of the Imperial Hospital. The only location she can think of that the others might not know about is the Alley of the Gods, where the relatively unimportant temples crowd together. Sometimes the greatest wisdom is found in humble settings, but that place is sketchy, nonetheless.

Does Ariellana know anything about the ritual Yrisz mentioned, "something agricultural"?

What about the scandal in the archipelago?

And how about the Blood of the Moon reference?

Thanks!
    Based on the intersection between what Yrisz said and the palimpsest fragment revealed, it sounds to Ariellana that Polon was tricked into believing Twilight's Tryst to be a ritual to help in the local harvest, perhaps to bring a good amount of rainfall to the valley.

Ariellana isn't aware of any scandals from the Archipelago making their way as far as here.

For the "blood of the moon," it's the same issue that I described to Yrisz above; Ariellana does not know of any particularly fitting reference for that phrase.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 02-06-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ariellana, when Yrisz realizes that our limited religious ritual components are going to be used on Erszebet she'll ask you if you want to do a very short passing ritual with Myn. She perceives (rightly or wrongly) that Ariellana is in charge of this team, thus feels that it's important that your included most for your own peace of mind. Yrisz isn't against including anybody else as well, but she will specifically approach Ariellana.

Rogur, Yrisz might ask for use of the silver comb. I don't think she knows Rogur has it, nor will she press the issue. She'll make it clear that she's only borrowing it to meet others and for the ritual with Erszebet. I just wanted to know if Rogur would present it?

Oh, somebody please ask Duvek who Fromizzenthorp is? I'm dying to know!

That's all for now...thank you.
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 02-07-2010 at 06:48 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How do we know that our ritual components are limited?

Anyway, Myn comes first. Then the Magus. And then Fromizzenthorp. We can always reduce the threat of the Magus by destroying her body, except for a small amount left for the necromancers to interrogate.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cocoa:
    How do we know that our ritual components are limited?
    In Umiushi's description of the items we found on the undisturbed table in the workshop, he mentioned healing salves:
    Ritual components: 40 staters worth of arcane reagents, 20 staters worth of incense and other components for divine rituals, and 10 staters worth of salves for healing magic.
    Since Yrisz didn't have any ritual components prior to this, my conclusion was that the party only currently had on hand enough components to perform one gentle repose.

Ithelryn:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithelryn View Post
    Rogur, Yrisz might ask for use of the silver comb. I don't think she knows Rogur has it, nor will she press the issue. She'll make it clear that she's only borrowing it to meet others and for the ritual with Erszebet. I just wanted to know if Rogur would present it?
    Rogur didn't make any particular attempt to hide the comb, and in fact commented that some lady might pay for such a pretty trinket. But if Yrisz expresses a need for a comb (such as indicating that she wished her hair looked more presentable), he'll readily oblige.

--T