Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 7 of 220 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Out-of-character adventure discussion

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    it is hard to "read" sarcasm. I thought the hospital was a serious plot hook.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for any confusion.

The official's line wasn't meant to be sarcastic; I thought it would be taken as a straight challenge, but I see how her gentle delivery could make it come across differently:
    If you disagree with my actions, you can make your complaint at Rafias Ring, or perhaps you could seek out an audience with the Prefect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Me, too. And it may yet be. The nice thing about PbP is that someone can type in the word "sarcasm" when it's clear that us PC's need a clue.

It seems like we've all decided to head into town, and that the bookseller's shop (from many years ago) is a possible initial destination. I wonder if it will still be there?

If it's not, and if we can't find the former owner, then we can do the traditional thing of finding an inn, getting rooms and dinner, and casually asking the locals about their take on the day's events.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good plan cocoa.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC main post #7 for Acqua Alta

This post complements the seventh Main Post in the Acqua Alta thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, April 25th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, April 27th.

Two for One
    Any posts within the current posting cycle (that is, through Saturday) will be counted. Don't feel like you had to respond to post #6 before I put this post up.

Experience Points
    Nobody was defeated, and the one person in distress saved itself, but as an acknowledgment of the party's effort, and a starting-out present of sorts, Ariellana, Morgran, Myn, Tanglar, and Zephyr each get twenty-five experience points.

Player Posts
    For your next post, let me know how you convey yourself before the guards, and how you answer the one guard's questions. For the sake of convenience, the first one to post in Acqua Alta is the first one in the line, and so on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does the class of "weapons" include my staff? I'm curious about my bow as well, but I'm assuming that would be considered a weapon a priori.

Also, I assume I can't reply with "This is not the druid you're looking for." and a bluff check? *grin*
    Last edited by Myn; 04-24-2009 at 09:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Myn View Post
    Does the class of "weapons" include my staff? I'm curious about my bow as well, but I'm assuming that would be considered a weapon a priori.

Also, I assume I can't reply with "This is not the druid you're looking for." and a bluff check? *grin*
    Myn noticed at least two travelers ahead of him in line being allowed to retain their staves, though none as youthful-looking as he, nor were their staves as sturdy-looking as his own. Nobody has been forced to abandon a staff that Myn can tell.

The most straightforward options you have at this point are to voluntarily surrender your staff, keep your staff, or ask a guard directly.

I wrote a sentence discussing bows in my recent post in the "Overview" thread, but somehow it didn't make the final draft. In many places, people are allowed to keep straight bows, provided they are unstrung. Longbows are typically straight bows. Stringing a bow is a rather involved procedure that takes multiple rounds of devoted attention, and is not a suitable activity for combat.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    in case I need it I'll quickly roll a bluff check (so to not slow up the game)

* bluff *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    04-24-2009 03:27 PM
    bluff : 1d20 (1) + 3 (3) = 4

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does the cart look full of other weapons, and if so, are there any identifying procedures for retrieving the weapon you left, or is it basically a grab... cart.
    Last edited by TheGreenLabrador; 04-25-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenLabrador View Post
    Does the cart look full of other weapons, and if so, are there any identifying procedures for retrieving the weapon you left, or is it basically a grab... cart.
    The purpose of the cart is to convey the weapons and armor to your place of residence, where you will presumably store them. Only people who identify themselves as being part of the same group are allowed to place their equipment in the same cart.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I won't be here later this evening to post after John, but I don't want to disrupt the flow of narration. Assume I'm standing off to the side, looking elvish and aloof.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My ISP is not cooperating today. Either that, or this website is having issues. All my formatting was stripped from my AA post, even the paragraph spacings.

Ariellana hasn't talked to the guards yet. She's talking quietly with Tanglar for now. I had been thinking that she was going to smuggle in her sling, disguised as a belt. But if we're not going to lose our stuff for more than a short period of time, it probably won't be necessary. We're allowed to keep our daggers, too, according to Umi.
    Last edited by Cocoa; 04-27-2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: seeing if the paragraph gods like me now

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC main post #8 for Acqua Alta

This post complements the eighth Main Post in the Acqua Alta thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday April 28th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, April 30th.

At this point, the guards are assuming everyone is part of the same group, and are looking at Morgran as the group's spokesman.

If anyone is planning not to place the following types of equipment in the cart, I need to know via either post or private message:
    ranged weapons
    armor
    shields
    versatile melee weapons
    two-handed melee weapons

Smuggling equipment requires some sort of plan, either to hide it or to pass it off as something else. Success depends on a Thievery Check for the former tactic, or a Bluff Check for the latter.

The guards are still expecting individual answers to any of the initial questions that's not applicably answered by being in a group. Specifically, they want to know what each of you claim to be, and where everyone is from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought it would be most in-character to ask the guards directly about my weapons. The knife Myn carries is obviously a tool, and not especially suited for combat, so I don't think they would mind it. Myn is also naked under his armor, and this fact is readily apparent to anyone who sees him. Being the country bumpkin from the deep woods, however, he wouldn't object to walking about naked. I'm sure something interesting will happen if the guards ask him to surrender his armor.

- This isn't intended to be a dodge to keep from losing Myn's armor, by the way, more a small attempt at character development.
    Last edited by Myn; 04-27-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We should probably ask the guards what's been going on lately, since they're being extra nervous and dropping hints.

Since the bond-fee to keep our armor and weapons is 10-15 silver pieces (staters), those who have issues can simply pay the bond. We'll get the money back when we leave town, right? My character has a few gold pieces left, if necessary.

I assume we want to go to the cheap inn, where the gossip is more likely to flow freely?

Page 7 of 220 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast