Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 56 of 220 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Out-of-character adventure discussion

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Karu will head out to the hallway with the group and use 3 healing surges during short rest time.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Waiting to see if Akaysha can do song of rest. --T
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Rogur will spend 2 surges that, coupled with the bonuses from Song of Rest, should bring him back to full HP.
    Last edited by Palpatim; 12-02-2009 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ariellana will spend a surge to get back to full hp.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    during song, will spend 4th HS.

I think that puts me at full, but unsure.

Also, I vote for short rest.

When everybody feels comfortable with respect to healing/resting, going to explore, but will wait for specific actions.

As for job, yes defended my thesis for chemical engineering, you can now call me Dr. Yukonhorror. I am off to work at the langley NASA research facility in Hampton, VA doing polymer modeling.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats Yukkon, it's good to see NASA hiring. Rummor has it that is supposed to pick up a bit next year.

Karu isn't planning to spend a surge if it would put her over max. I don't have a book with me at the moment to check what the bonus from the song is.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Feantari View Post
    Congrats Yukkon, it's good to see NASA hiring. Rummor has it that is supposed to pick up a bit next year.

Karu isn't planning to spend a surge if it would put her over max. I don't have a book with me at the moment to check what the bonus from the song is.
    I am not being hired by NASA. I am working at NASA, but for the National Institute of Aerospace (a small research nonprofit)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still, you can have now officially have one of those great "Yes, I am a Rocket Scientist." bumper stickers. Congratulations are in order to you good Doctor.

Are you going to NIA for continuing your education or will you be working on some of their practical (or impractical) projects?

Sorry I've been quite, this last week has been CRAZY!

Myn will join the others in rest using 2 surges. There will probably be some loss if Song of Rest is being used, but not enough for me to lose sleep over it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Main Post #71

This is the seventy-first Main Post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Thursday, December 10th. The next main post will appear in the Acqua Alta or OOC thread by 11 am, Monday, December 14th.

Note: As mentioned in the posting thread, there will be no break between posts.

The party withdraws to the outside corridor, and takes an undisturbed Short Rest.

During the Short Rest

All characters regain any spent Encounter Powers. All deafened characters are no longer deafened.

Akaysha plays Song of Rest (lyre and voice). Each character regains +4 additional hit points for each healing surge they spend in this time.

Ariellana spends one healing surge to regain full health.

Karu spends three healing surges to regain full health.

Myn spends two healing surges to regain full health.

Rogur spends two healing surges to regain full health.

Tanglar recovers his two thrown tratnyrs and spends one healing surge to regain full health.

Zephyr loses his temporary hit points and spends one healing surge to regain full health.

At the end of the rest, Akaysha puts away her lyre and strings up her bow.

PC Results Summary
    Akaysha has spent one healing surge (seven remaining).
    Akaysha has taken 4 points of damage.

Ariellana has spent one healing surge (six remaining).

Karu has expended Brute Strike.
    Karu has spent one Action Point and eight healing surges (three remaining).

Myn has spent one Action Point and four healing surges (five remaining).
    Myn is in beast form.

Rogur has spent one Action Point and five healing surges (two remaining).

Tanglar has spent one Action Point and three healing surges (four remaining).

Zephyr has spent four healing surges (seven remaining).

Next Move
    The sun rod is still in the room the party just vacated.
    There are two obvious forward paths left on this level: going up the staircase, or through the door next to the staircase.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My vote is to wake the creature & attempt to ask it a few questions.

Rogur's priorities are to find out where the Magus is and what may be guarding her in terms of traps & creatures.

OOC, I'd also suggest we ask it if it knows anything about her apprentice, the bookseller's son. That's not so pressing for Rogur at the moment, but important to the party's quest, I think.

Looking ahead: if the magus turns out to be evil and hostile (which seems kinda likely at this point, but I'm open-minded ), let's not forget on our way out of here to swing by the portal room so the magic users can attempt to figure out the access name of the portal to report to the hiermonk, and so we can liberate the reagents for later ritual casting. Spoils of war, dontcha know.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After the battering it has received, the creature looks like it's going to be unconscious for a good while longer.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Palpatim View Post
    My vote is to wake the creature & attempt to ask it a few questions.

Rogur's priorities are to find out where the Magus is and what may be guarding her in terms of traps & creatures.

OOC, I'd also suggest we ask it if it knows anything about her apprentice, the bookseller's son. That's not so pressing for Rogur at the moment, but important to the party's quest, I think.

Looking ahead: if the magus turns out to be evil and hostile (which seems kinda likely at this point, but I'm open-minded ), let's not forget on our way out of here to swing by the portal room so the magic users can attempt to figure out the access name of the portal to report to the hiermonk, and so we can liberate the reagents for later ritual casting. Spoils of war, dontcha know.

that sounds fine.

I am with you palp, let's head up the stairs now everyone is rested.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's not terribly useful to rely on stealth at this point (pouted the rogue). I suggest we adopt a marching order with ranged attackers toward the back. Rogur doesn't have his crossbow, so he's more or less useless until he comes within melee range; I'd vote for him being toward the front of the line. Plus, he gets first round combat advantage against enemies who haven't acted yet.

I'm afraid I don't know everybody's powers well enough to make suggestions beyond saying Karu should be in the front.

--T

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be in front with Karu to give bad guys a choice. If not enough room, I'll be right behind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Myn will stay towards the rear of the party. He can tank and control if something starts back there, in essence, he can hold down the fort until the big guns get there.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Main Post #72

This is the seventy-second Main Post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, December 15th. The next main posts will appear in the Acqua Alta and OOC threads by 11 pm, Thursday, December 17th.

Please note the changed due dates. This is the last post of our "autumn schedule." Starting this week, we will be back to semi-weekly posts for everyone. Also, if you have any holiday plans that will interfere with your posting, now's the time to mention them.

Map: http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1116/magusl4a.jpg
    Illumination: Corridor - Dark; Upper Staircase - Dark; Lower Staircase - Dim

For me, the 10' wide corridor is indeed a location of pure nostalgia. Those with the best sight in the party can barely make out the next set of stairs, and the four, nearly identical single doors, all shut. I arbitrarily pointed the party facing the stairs. All is quiet and still, here.