Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 53 of 220 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Out-of-character adventure discussion

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Karu will shift to the northeast to get away from the vortex and try to regain #3's attention. And since she is already granting combat advantage anyway she lashes out at #3 with a Brash Strike.

With her minor she will use Stone's Endurance (resist 5 all damage until end of next turn).

Free action: "Take out that vortex at range!"

* Brash strike against #3, includes flanking bonus *

(for clarity that is d20+StrBonus+Weapon+2handedfighter+brashstrike+fla nking)

* Physical damage, brutal 2, high crit *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    11-10-2009 09:48 PM
    Brash strike against #3, includes flanking bonus: 1d20 (3) + 4 (4)+ 2 (2)+ 1 (1)+ 2 (2)+ 2 (2) = 14
    Physical damage, brutal 2, high crit: 1d12 (9) + 4 (4)+ 2 (2) = 15

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    standard: use recuperating strike vs #3

* recuperating stk vs #3 AC *

* dam and gain 3 temp hp *

If ariellana uses me for commander's strike:

* commander's stk, no bonuses *

* dam with no bonuses *

side note:
    I am at a conference all week, so I might miss a post.

11-11-2009 10:46 AM
    recuperating stk vs #3 AC : 1d20 (4) + 5 (5) = 9
    dam and gain 3 temp hp : 2d6 (4,1 = 5) + 3 (3) = 8
    commander's stk, no bonuses : 1d20 (18) + 5 (5) = 23
    dam with no bonuses : 2d6 (2,5 = 7) + 3 (3) = 10
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Commander's Strike seems very reasonable. Consider it done! If the attack hits, add +4 to the damage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One last hit on #1 and then I'll start working on that dang vortex next round. Myn has some pull powers, in fact all his controlling powers happen to only pull. I can try to pull the votex to me and try to keep him with me. It will not save poor Rogur from being Static Fielded, but I think I can keep it from getting Karu and everybody else. I'm not a Defender, so I don't have any gluing Marks, but there is no serious harm in trying. I'll be breaking my rule about keeping our fire focused, of course, but preventing damage is as good as healing.

Luck be with us.

Standard: Thorn Whip, (Range 10) 5 vs. Fortitude on Enemy #1. The damage is 1d8+5 and pull 2 squares. I wish to forgo the pull part of the attack, which is to say I pull him 0 squares if I hit.

* Thorn Whip! *

* Damage *

Minor: Wild Shape back into a cat.
    Move: Shift one east.

11-11-2009 09:11 PM
    Thorn Whip!: 1d20 (18) + 5 (5) = 23
    Damage: 1d8 (3) + 5 (5) = 8

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Main Post #68

This is the sixty-eighth Main Post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Thursday, November 19th. The next main post will appear in the Acqua Alta or OOC thread by 11 am, Monday, November 23rd.

Map: http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/763/magusl3l.jpg

Round Three (Summary)
    Rogur (Initiative Count 20)
    Expended: Second Wind (Encounter), three healing surges.

Move Action: shift east. (Cost 1; shift. No longer within Static Storm.)
    Standard Action: Piercing Strike against #1. (Melee vs. Reflex. Hit - 6 halved to 3 points of damage.)

Zephyr (Initiative Count 17)
    Expended: Acid Orb (Encounter), Arcane Prodigy (Encounter), three healing surges.
    6 points of damage.

Standard Action: Recuperating Strike against #3. (Melee vs. AC. Miss.)

Ariellana (Initiative Count 15)
    Expended: Inspiring Word (Encounter - 1 left)

Move Action: enter room. (Cost 1; shift.)
    Standard Action: Commander's Strike with Zephyr against #3. (Zephyr's basic melee vs. AC. Hit - 10 + 4 (from Commander's Strike bonus) halved to 7 points of damage, Bloodying #3.)
    Zephyr's Thaneborn Triumph: the next attack by the party against #3 will gain a +3 bonus.

Note: Commander's Strike must be used on a target within Ariellana's melee range, so the move action was added.

Karu (Initiative Count 14)
    Expended: Passing Attack (Encounter), Stone's Endurance (Encounter), three healing surges.
    Status: Bloodied, Resist 5 to all damage, flanking #3, granting combat advantage to #1 and #2 due to Phantom Tactics and to #3 due to Brash Strike, and Marked by #2.
    16 points of damage.

Move Action: shift northeast. (Cost 1; shift. No longer within Static Storm.)
    Minor Action: Stone's Endurance. (Gain Resist 5 to all damage until end of next turn.)
    Standard Action: take a Brash Strike against #3. (Melee +2 vs. AC at +2 from flanking, +3 from Thaneborn Triumph, and -2 from violating the Mark. Miss. #3 is Marked. Karu grants Combat Advantage to #3 until the start of her next turn.)
    Zephyr's Thaneborn Triumph is discharged.

#1 and #2 are no longer Marked.

Myn (Initiative Count 13)
    Expended: one Action Point (none left), two healing surges
    12 points of damage

Standard Action: attack #1 with Thorn Whip. (Ranged vs. Fortitude at distance 2. Hit - 8 halved to 4 points of damage against #1, destroying it.)
    Minor Action: change to wild shape.
    Move Action: move east. (Cost 1; shift.)

Static Storm (Myn takes 3 points of lightning and thunder damage.)

Phantom Warriors (Initiative Count 11)
    #1 (Destroyed at 42 points of damage.)

#2 (4 points of damage) - Standard Action: Phantom Greatsword against Karu. (Melee vs. Reflex, with Combat Advantage. Hit - Karu takes 3 reduced by 5 to 0 points of necrotic damage.)

Vortex (Initiative Count 11-)

Move Action: move northeast. (Cost 1; shift. Ariellana, Karu, Rogur, Tanglar, and Zephyr are within the Static Storm. Myn is no longer within the Static Storm.)
    Standard Action: Shock Bolt against Karu. (Ranged vs. Fortitude at distance 2. Hit - 9 reduced by 5 to 4 points of lightning damage. Shock Bolt Threat - will suffer additional damage if less than 4 squares distant from current position by the end of Karu's next turn.)

Phantom Warrior #3 (Initiative Count 11--)
    Status: Bloodied, Marked by Karu, flanked by Karu and Tanglar
    22 points of damage

Standard Action: Phantom Flail against Karu. (Melee vs. Reflex. Hit - Karu takes 11 reduced by 5 to 6 points of necrotic damage and is now Marked by #3.)

Tanglar and Zephyr are no longer Marked.

Tanglar (Initiative Count 10)
    Expended: Action Point (none left), Two-Fanged Strike (Encounter), Furious Assault (Encounter), two tratnyrs, two healing surges.
    8 points of damage

Minor Action: designate #3 as Hunter's Quarry.
    Standard Action: Twin Strike against #3. (Two attacks, melee vs. AC. Rolls 20 modified to 27, and 6 modified to 13. One critical hit - 8 + 6 for Hunter's Quarry is 14, halved to 7 points of damage to #3.)
    Free Action: Furious Assault. (8 halved to 4 points of damage to #3.)
    Free Action: spend Action Point.
    Standard Action: Twin Strike against #3. (Two attacks, melee vs. AC at +2 due to Ariellana's Tactical Presence. Rolls 15 modified to 24, and 3 modified to 12. One hit for 1 halved to 0 points of damage.)

Static Storm (Tanglar takes 3 points of lightning and thunder damage.)

Akaysha (Initiative Count 9)
    Expended: Majestic Word (Encounter - none left), Blunder (Encounter), one healing surge.

Move Action: follow Ariellana. (Cost 1; shift.)
    Standard Action: use Vicious Mockery on #2. (Ranged vs. Will at distance 2. Rolls 11, modified to 15 - hit. Rolls 2 modified to 6 and halved to 3 points of psychic damage and #2 suffers -2 to attacks until the end of Akaysha's next turn.)

PC Results Summary
    Akaysha has spent both Majestic Words and Blunder.
    Akaysha has spent one healing surge.
    Akaysha has taken 4 points of damage.

Ariellana has spent one Inspiring Word.
    Ariellana is within the vortex's Static Storm.

Karu has expended Passing Attack and Stone's Endurance.
    Karu has spent three healing surges.
    Karu has Resist 5 to all damage.
    Karu is flanking #3 with Tanglar.

Karu is within the vortex's Static Storm.
    Karu is Bloodied, is granting combat advantage to #2 and #3, is Marked by #3, and is under Shock Bolt Threat.
    Karu has taken 26 points of damage.

Myn has spent his final Action Point and two healing surges
    Myn has taken 12 points of damage.

Rogur has spent Second Wind and three healing surges.
    Rogur is within the vortex's Static Storm.
    Rogur has taken 7 points of damage.

Tanglar has spent Two-fanged Strike.
    Tanglar has thrown two tratnyrs.
    Tanglar has spent his final Action Point and two healing surges.
    Tanglar is flanking #3 with Karu.
    Tanglar is within the vortex's Static Storm.
    Tanglar has taken 8 points of damage.

Zephyr has spent Acid Orb and Arcane Prodigy.
    Zephyr has spent three healing surges.
    Zephyr is within the vortex's Static Storm.
    Zephyr has taken 6 points of damage.

Opponent Negative Effects Summary
    #1 is Destroyed.
    #2 is at -2 on all attacks.
    #3 is Bloodied, Marked by Karu, Tanglar's Quarry, and flanked by Karu and Tanglar.

Opponent Damage Summary
    #1 was destroyed by 42 points of damage.
    #2 - 7 points of damage.
    #3 - 33 points of damage
    Last edited by Umiushi; 11-13-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There may be another condition at work, but Tanglar and Karu are flanking #3, which I assume means it's granting combat advantage to each of them.
    Move: Shift 1 N
    Standard: Piercing strike against #3:
    * Attack vs. Reflex *

* Damage *

11-13-2009 05:14 PM
    Attack vs. Reflex: 1d20 (10) + 7 (7) = 17
    Damage: 1d6 (2) + 4 (4) = 6

Downloads
    Uploads
    owwie. Yay for damage reduction. :-P

Karu will at the very least be using second wind next round. Debating using an action point. I'll get a real post in before Thursday.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hopefully I get to go first to utilize bloodletting

Std: bloodletting vs. #3

* vs AC #3 bloodletting with feral might bonus *

* damage *

11-13-2009 05:34 PM
    vs AC #3 bloodletting with feral might bonus : 1d20 (7) + 5 (5)+ 3 (3) = 15
    damage : 4d6 (6,1,1,6 = 14) + 6 (6) = 20
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Palpatim View Post
    There may be another condition at work, but Tanglar and Karu are flanking #3, which I assume means it's granting combat advantage to each of them.
    You are correct. I will edit the original summary to reflect that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wahoo. One down. Go team!

Now for Myn's next act. I'm going to (hopefully) pull the spark sickle (The Vortex) away from most of the rest of the part so you guys can focus un-electrified on the heavy ghosties.

Move: Shift East one square.

Standard: Cull the Herd on the Vortex, Range 5, Wisdom vs. Will (beast form, implement, primal, psychic) for 2d8+5 attack. If my attack hits I want to pull the Vortex South, South, South-East.

* Cull the Herd! *

* Damage *

Free Action: I want to use Elven Accuracy if I miss (as I didn't need to use it the last time because my original roll was a critical hit). If it originally hits, then I will of course not use it like last time. I will not roll for the Elven Accuracy anymore until I know what the original roll is. Which brings up a good question, how do you want to handle Myn using Elven Accuracy Uni? In our games at home we used it once we knew if the attack missed or not. You alternately choose to have me use it once I see the original roll, but before I know if it hit or not. It's up to you as Umi. I'll wait to roll that part of my action until we can clarify that roll.

11-17-2009 04:30 AM
    Cull the Herd!: 1d20 (20) + 5 (5) = 25
    Damage: 2d8 (4,6 = 10) + 5 (5) = 15

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another crit! No stopping Ithelryn today!

Is "cull the herd" an implement power that will restrain the vortex? If so does that happen before or after the slide?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithelryn View Post
    Which brings up a good question, how do you want to handle Myn using Elven Accuracy Uni? In our games at home we used it once we knew if the attack missed or not. You alternately choose to have me use it once I see the original roll, but before I know if it hit or not. It's up to you as Umi. I'll wait to roll that part of my action until we can clarify that roll.
    A strict reading would be that you use it purely based on the number you rolled. However, I'm willing to go one of two ways (both of which saves me time).

1) You can specify a condition, such "aiming for a hit" or "aiming for a critical hit" and roll both the attack and Elven Accuracy in the same post. I will only use Elven Accuracy if it matches your condition. In the first case, if you hit, I won't use Elven Accuracy even if it's a critical hit. In the second, Elven accuracy may turn a hit into a miss.

2) You roll the die, and then decide whether you want to use Elven Accuracy or not, before I report the results of the roll. Of course, you may use your knowledge of previous rolls the party made to decide whether your attack is going to hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Palpatim View Post
    Is "cull the herd" an implement power that will restrain the vortex? If so does that happen before or after the slide?
    It is an implement power, but the Restrain effect will happen after the Pull occurs, so it won't cancel the Pull.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After looking things over Karu will be using her second wind and using an action point to make a reaping strike against #3 (-2 from violating the mark from #2). I intend to maintain the mark on #3.

Shifting away from the spark would loose Tanglar his flanking and leave #2 free to attack so I guess I get to see what exploding shards feel like.

As a side note, can you ever use healing skill on yourself?

* Reaping Strike against #3 *

* Reaping strike dmg, 4 dmg on a miss, brutal 2, high crit weapon *

11-18-2009 12:45 PM
    Reaping Strike against #3: 1d20 (19) + 4 (4)+ 2 (2)+ 1 (1)+ 2 (2)- 2 (2) = 26
    Reaping strike dmg, 4 dmg on a miss, brutal 2, high crit weapon: 1d12 (12) + 4 (4) = 16

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ariellana is going to give someone a free hit on #3, then head back out the door to get away from the vortex thing.

Who has the best basic melee attack right now? Karu, even though she's marked by #2? Tanglar, because he's flanking? Or Zephyr?

Whoever it is gets the free attack on #3. If it hits, add +4 to the damage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "A strict reading would be that you use it purely based on the number you rolled. However, I'm willing to go one of two ways (both of which saves me time).

1) You can specify a condition, such "aiming for a hit" or "aiming for a critical hit" and roll both the attack and Elven Accuracy in the same post. I will only use Elven Accuracy if it matches your condition. In the first case, if you hit, I won't use Elven Accuracy even if it's a critical hit. In the second, Elven accuracy may turn a hit into a miss.

2) You roll the die, and then decide whether you want to use Elven Accuracy or not, before I report the results of the roll. Of course, you may use your knowledge of previous rolls the party made to decide whether your attack is going to hit or miss."

Hi Umi,

In faith, I'll go with Option Two, I think it's the fairer of the two in terms of this game. Thank you for the options.

As for my rolls in this fight, they are truly feast or famine. Here's the critical damage roll. 1d6 for the Talisman of Summer Growth's extra crit damage, maximized 2d8 (16), and 5 points of Wisdom damage +1 for the Talisman.

* Crit Damage *

--- Merged from Double Post ---
    It didn't seem to roll the damage? I added that part of the post during an edit, so it probably thought I was trying to tamper with the results. Sorry. Let's try that again, though if the numbers ever appear from the first roll I'll be governed by those of course.

* Crit Damage *
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 11-18-2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

11-18-2009 08:33 PM
    Crit Damage: 1d6 (4) + 16 (16)+ 5 (5) = 25
    Crit Damage: 1d6 (2) + 16 (16)+ 5 (5) = 23