Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 16 of 220 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Out-of-character adventure discussion

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    Edited: took out shift action cause I just remembered everything is difficult terrain and can't shift in difficult terrain. So no flank for me
    My reporting mistake: the difficult terrain occurs at Initiative Count 20, so Zephyr and Akaysha are good to shift on their turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post
    Can Zephyr shift as part of my Wolf Pack's tactics? If it's difficult terrain, I suppose he can't. Dang.

Would it do any good to hand Zephyr my dagger just before he hit? It has a prof+3, and does 1d4+str damage. I'm not using a move action, so I could use that for a second minor action. Would he be able to use it for the Commander's Strike attack I give him?
    That is correct. On Ariellana's turn, Zephyr won't be able to use Wolf Pack Tactics to shift.

I'll have to consider how I want to handle passing the dagger with the rulebooks in front of me. I realize that my ruling for Morgran and Zephyr only covers actions that occur on separate turns, so I will have to look at the issue some more. I will answer your question by tomorrow morning.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    dagger's aren't 'great' for me because they are one-handed. It would help my to-hit, but that's it. On average, the chair will do more dam. Thanks for the thought though.
    It looks like I won't have to worry about it this time, but the situation is one I need to consider for the future.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 05-28-2009 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought because of the crowd and such the whole place was difficult terrain??

If this isn't so, then I am all for shifting into a flanking position.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC main post #17 for Acqua Alta

This post complements the seventeenth Main Post in the Acqua Alta thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, May 30th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, June 1st.

Begin Automerge Section:
    I thought because of the crowd and such the whole place was difficult terrain??

If this isn't so, then I am all for shifting into a flanking position.
    The crowd dispersed on Initiative Count 17 of last round. Zephyr will shift to flank #2 as a move action on his round.
    Attention
    Okay, I spent all day replying to you while forgetting something really important!

While Zephyr is Dazed, he can only take one action, other than free actions. I think that means we're back to a basic melee attack with the hot poker.
    End Automerged Section

Turn Notes

• The Main Post in the Acqua Alta thread will be delayed.
    • I made some assumptions about character's actions that I would like confirmation on, so make sure to look at your actions. Some actions simply couldn't be accomplished due to the nature of the combat environment this round, and that's one thing. However, if you see something that doesn't fit, let me know and I'll see about fixing it up. It's late as I write this, and no examples spring to mind immediately.
    • In order to keep from being overwhelmed by the opposition, I'm going to take full control of Morgran until JohnChrist has a chance to resume posting. For now, this means switching to non-lethal damage, since he was the last holdout, and starting to tap into his daily and encounter powers.

Updated Map: http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/469/ortalan04.jpg

Map Key:

• The shaded portion of the square east of Zephyr represents #1, who is unconscious and prone.
    • The shaded square west of Myn and south of Ariellana represents #3, who is also unconscious and prone.
    • #4 is out of everyone's line of sight, and #4's position on the map represents her presumed location if she kept up her speed and direction after leaving line of sight.

Environment for Round Four and on:

• There will be no more crowded squares in the central room for the remainder of the encounter, barring unforeseen events.
    • All terrain is difficult for the party from Initiative Count 20 of this turn to Initiative Count 20 of next turn due to magical, entangling vines.

Round Four Summary
    Zephyr (Initiative Count 23)
    Expended: Acid Orb (Encounter), one healing surge
    Status: Bloodied (to Initiative Count 11), Dazed (to Initiative Count 13), dealing non-lethal damage, +2 to AC (from Initiative Count 18 to ENT-Morgran)
    • 13 damage (25 from prior rounds, heals 12 on Initiative Count 11)
    Free Action: switch to non-lethal damage. (Successful.)
    Standard Action: attack #2. (Basic melee attack vs. AC, with combat advantage due to Faerie Fire aftereffect. Miss.)

Akaysha (Initiative Count 22)
    Expended: Words of Friendship (Encounter), Fade Away (Encounter), Stirring Shout (Daily), Blunder (Encounter), Action Point (Encounter), two healing surges, Second Wind (Encounter), Majestic Word (Encounter - all)
    Status: Marked (by #4), Bloodied, dealing non-lethal damage, +2 to all defenses (until start of Initiative Count 22)

• 14 damage (19 from prior rounds, takes 5 and heals 10 from Initiative Count 22)
    Immediate Interrupt (from #4; trigger - Akaysha shifts from an adjacent square.): Combat Challenge against Akaysha. (Basic, unarmed melee attack vs. AC. Hit - 5 points of damage to Akaysha.)
    Move Action: shift one square south. (Cost 1; shift. Successful, but triggers Combat Challenge, above, from #4.)

Minor Action: Majestic Word on self. (Successful - Akaysha heals 10 and slides one square west.)
    Standard--Vicious Mockery vs #4. (Ranged attack vs. Will, distance 2. Hit - 6 points of damage to #4, bloodying her, and inflicting a -2 attack penalty until ENT-Akaysha.)

#5 bearded, unarmed tough (Initiative Count 20)
    Status: slowed (until end of Initiative Count 20), granting combat advantage (until end of Initiative Count 16), dealing non-lethal damage, Storm Spirit effect, flanking Morgran with #3 (from Initiative Count 20 to Initiative Count 16), Bloodied (from Initiative Count 20)

• 17 radiant damage (from Initiative Count Count 20)
    Minor Action: summons clouds of pollen and entangling vines throughout the room. (Successful - all terrain is difficult for the party.)
    Move Action: shift one square east. (Cost 1; shift; successful - flanking Morgran with #3.)

Saving Throw vs. Faerie Fire: successful - no longer slowed, but takes 17 points of radiant damage and grants combat advantage until ENT-Myn

U: spectral apparition (Initiative Count 20)
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, flanking Morgran with #2 (from Initiative Count 20).

Move Action: move southeast, east, then northeast. (Cost 3, walk; successful - flanking Morgran with #2.)
    Standard Action: swipes at Morgran. (Melee vs. Will, with combat advantage due to flanking. Hit - 7 damage to Morgran, and 2 temporary hit points to #3.)

Morgran (Initiative Count 18)
    Expended: two healing surges, Lay on Hands (first for the day), Action Point (Encounter), Shielding Smite (Encounter)
    Status: Challenging #3, Bloodied, flanked by #5 and #3 (from Initiative Count 20 to Initiative Count 16), flanked by U and #2 (from Initiative Count 20), dealing non-lethal damage

• 29 damage (21 from prior round, 7 on Initiative Count 20, heals 8 on Initiative Count 18, takes 9 on Initiative Count 13)
    Minor Action: Lay on Hands. (Self. Successful - spend one healing surge to heal 8 hit points.)
    Standard Action: Enfeebling Strike at #3. (Melee attack vs. AC. Rolls a 3, modified to 8. Misses, but renews Divine Challenge against #3)
    Free Action: spend an Action Point for Shielding Smite at #3. (Melee attack vs. AC, with Tactical Presence. Rolls a 17, modified to 24. Hits - rolls a 4, 1, and 1 modified to 11 damage (1 fire) for #3, bloodying him. Effect: grants +2 to Zephyr's AC until ENT-Morgran.)

Bystanders (Initiative Count 17)

There are no more conscious bystanders in the room. The Bystanders entry will be removed after this round.

Myn (Initiative Count 16)
    Expended: Faerie Fire (Daily), three healing surges (one from prior to encounter), Action Point (Encounter), Second Wind (Encounter)
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, in beast form, +2 to all defenses (until start of Initiative Count 16), flanking #1 with Tanglar (to Initiative Count 16)

• 10 damage (10 from prior rounds)
    Faerie Fire Aftereffect Reminder: 17 points of radiant damage, grants combat advantage

Move: move one square south. (Cost 2, shift; failed - movement cost exceeds maximum.) [Edit - Cost 1, due to Wild Step. Successful.]
    Standard: Pounce on #3. (Melee attack vs. Reflexes. Hit - damage roll 3 modified to 7 points that downs #3 with non-lethal damage and grants combat advantage to the next attack made before ENT-Myn.)

End of Turn: #2 no longer grants combat advantage.

Tanglar (Initiative Count 16-)
    Expended: one healing surge (prior to encounter)
    Status: flanking #1 with Myn (to Initiative Count 16), dealing non-lethal damage

Move Action: move one square to the west. (Cost 2, walk; successful.)
    Minor Action: designate #2 as quarry. (Successful.)
    Standard Action: Twin Strike on #2. (Two melee attacks vs. AC. Both attacks miss.)

#3 sandy-haired individual with a club (Initiative Count 13+)
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, Storm Spirit effect, Marked by Morgran (until Morgran attacks another or fails to engage by ENT), flanking Morgran with #5 (from Initiative Count 20 to Initiative Count 16), Bloodied (from Initiative Count 18 to Initiative Count 16), Unconscious (from Initiative Count 16), granting combat advantage to next attacker (from IC 16 to ENT-Myn)

• 22 damage (6 from prior rounds, gains 2 temporary hit points on Initiative Count 20, takes 11 damage on Initiative Count 18, takes 7 on Initiative Count 16; final damage was non-lethal)
    No Actions: Unconscious.

#2 brawny youth wielding hammers (Initiative Count 13)
    Expended: both throwing hammers
    Status: granting combat advantage (to Initiative Count 16), dealing non-lethal damage, Storm Spirit effect, flanking Morgran with U, designated as Tanglar's quarry (from Initiative Count 16-)

• 35 damage (28 from prior rounds, 7 on Initiative Count 11)
    Standard Action: attack Morgran. (Melee attack vs. AC, with combat advantage due to flanking. Hit - 9 points of damage to Morgran.)

Ariellana (Initiative Count 11)
    Expended: one healing surge (prior to encounter), Inspiring Word (Encounter - first)

• 11 damage (11 from prior rounds)

Minor Action: Inspiring Word to Zephyr. (Successful - Zephyr spends a healing surge to regain 7 + 5 = 12 hit points, and is no longer Bloodied.)
    Standard Action: attack #2. (Basic melee attack vs. AC. Rolls a 12 modified to 18. Hit - rolls a 4 modified to 7 points of damage against #2.)

#1 elderly staff bearer (Initiative Count 4)
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, flanked by Myn and Tanglar (to Initiative Count 16-), Unconscious

• all hit points lost (34 from prior rounds)
    • 4 lethal fire damage (2 from previous round, 2 on Initiative Count 4)
    Ongoing Damage: takes 2 fire damage.

Saving Throw vs. Ongoing Fire Damage: failure - continues to suffer ongoing fire damage

#4 grim-faced, unarmed stranger (Initiative Count 2)
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, Stirring Shout effect (Whenever hit by allies of Akaysha, those allies heal 4 hit points.), Bloodied (from Initiative Count 22), -2 to attacks (until ENT-Akaysha)

• 13 damage (7 damage from prior rounds, 6 from Initiative Count 22)
    Immediate Interrupt (on Initiative Count 22; trigger - Akaysha shifts from an adjacent square.): Combat Challenge against Akaysha. (Basic, unarmed melee attack vs. AC. Hit - 5 points of damage to Akaysha.)

Double Move Action: flees the scene. (Cost 16, run; successful.)

PC Results Summary:
    Akaysha has expended Words of Friendship (Encounter), Fade Away (Encounter), Stirring Shout (Daily), Majestic Word (Encounter - all), her Second Wind (Encounter), an Action Point (Encounter - none left), and Blunder (Encounter)
    Akaysha has spent 2 Healing Surges.
    Akaysha has taken 14 points of damage, is Marked by #4, and is Bloodied.

Ariellana has expended Inspiring Word (Encounter - first)
    Ariellana has spent 1 healing surge.
    Ariellana has taken 11 points of damage, and is Bloodied.

Morgran has expended Shielding Smite (Encounter) and Lay on Hands (first for the day)
    Morgran has spent 2 healing surges, and an Action Point (Encounter - none left)
    Morgran has taken 29 points of damage, and is Bloodied.
    Morgran is flanked by #2 and U.
    Morgran issued a Divine Challenge to #3.

Myn has expended Faerie Fire (Daily), his Second Wind (Encounter), and an Action Point (Encounter - none left).
    Myn has spent 3 healing surges.
    Myn has taken 10 points of damage.

Tanglar has spent 1 healing surge.

Zephyr has expended Acid Orb (Encounter).
    Zephyr has taken 13 points of damage.
    Zephyr has spent one healing surge.
    Zephyr has +2 to AC from Morgran's Shielding Smite until ENT-Morgran.

NPC Negative Effects Summary:

• #1 is Unconscious and taking ongoing lethal fire damage.
    • #2 is Tanglar's Quarry.
    • #3 is Unconscious.
    • #4 is Bloodied, and taking -2 to attacks until ENT-Akaysha.
    • #5 is Bloodied and granting combat advantage until ENT-Myn.
    NPC Damage Summary

• #1 has lost all her hit points, and has taken 4 points of lethal fire damage.
    • #2 has taken 35 points of damage.
    • #3 has lost all his hit points.
    • #4 has taken 13 points of damage.
    • #5 has taken 17 points of damage.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 05-29-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't check, but I am assuming the dazed condition was until ENT.

As such, I am going to drop the poker, grab a stool or chair or whatever as an improvised two-handed weapon and use howling strike against #2

Free: drop poker
    Minor: draw chair
    Standard: Howling Strike

* howling strike *

* damage *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    05-29-2009 04:07 PM
    howling strike : 1d20 (5) + 3 (3) = 8
    damage : 1d8 (7) + 1d6 (5) + 3 (3) = 15

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think someone should probably put out #1 and try a heal check. It would be pretty bad if a bunch of nonhumans killed an elderly human. I'm going to run out and see if I can catch #4 before she gets away.

Move Action: Move through the Southern door of the tavern, I have 8 move, so I should be able to get a pretty fair distance out even with the difficult terrain.

Standard Action: This is a bit complex, since I don't know where #4 is.

If she's in sight/range when I leave the tavern I'll immediately Charge with Grasping Claws as my standard. If she's not visible I'll run around the Eastern corner of the tavern looking for her. If she's behind there I'll either Grasping Claws, if she's in range, or use my Minor Action to shift out of form and use Thorn Whip.

Because of how complex this is I'll wait for Umi's input before I post on the Aqua Alta thread, to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Umi, for the summary and direct link to the map! The summary made it easier to follow along with the more detailed version.

I have no problem with Ariellana's actions in the round; wolf pack tactics can't work if no one can shift due to difficult terrain. Luckily, the terrain will no longer be difficult by Ariellana's next turn.

Ariellana will do another Inspiring Word healing on Morgran. Morgran needs to lay hands on himself, too, one assumes. My healing will give him a healing surge +1d6 hp.

If #2 is still standing, Ariellana will attack him with her dagger. She'll use wolf pack tactics, which will allow someone else to shift.

If #2 is down, then Ariellana will move to attack #5, again using wolf pack tactics.

Wolf pack tactics is +6 vs AC , damage 1d4+3, and, before I attack, one ally adjacent to me or the target shifts 1 square as a free action. If it's possible to shift so that flanking occurs, that would be great.
    I think someone should probably put out #1 and try a heal check.
    Who has a good heal skill? Mine's not that great, plus I want to deal with the remaining thugs. The heal skill is a standard action.

If it's just a matter of putting out a fire in #1's underpants, then would that be a standard or minor action?

If #2 goes down in this round, then one of us can deal with #1 in the next round, since only #5 will still be standing and threatening us.
    Last edited by Cocoa; 05-29-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's just a matter of putting out a fire in #1's underpants, then would that be a standard or minor action?
    It's a Standard Action use of the Heal Skill (defaults to a Wisdom Check), and the PC must be adjacent to or in the same square as #1. The DC is 15, and the effect is that #1 makes an additional saving throw against the ongoing damage, or gains a +2 to her end-of-turn saving throw, at the PC's discretion. The player can choose to interpret this as putting out her smoldering clothing, or halting the ongoing effects of burns she's already suffered, whichever works for that player's post.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wis is one of my lower scores, so I'll stick to the fighting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wis is one of my lower scores, too. Ariellana's heal skill is low enough that "aid another" is the best use of it.

I don't remember what Morgran's wis mod is; perhaps he'll have enough lay-on-hands left after this round.

If #1 is only taking 2 fire damage per turn, she'll be OK for another round or two.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Myn View Post
    Move Action: Move through the Southern door of the tavern, I have 8 move, so I should be able to get a pretty fair distance out even with the difficult terrain.

If she's not visible I'll run around the Eastern corner of the tavern looking for her. If she's behind there I'll either Grasping Claws, if she's in range, or use my Minor Action to shift out of form and use Thorn Whip.
    I should have read this more thoroughly earlier.

There's only one exit to the outside that you know of, and that's the door on the western wall. What looks like a southern exit is a door that leads to the tavern's buttery. I only drew part of the room's design, because that's all that is visible from the entryway, and combat never seeped into there.

Also, only the western side of the tavern open to any street, because, if you'll recall from earlier, the tavern is actually tucked into the side of the curtain wall for the raised inner bailey of Beilston Mound.

So with that in mind, I'll move Myn according to your probable intent, which is to chase down #4.

The difficult terrain vanished on Initiative Count 20, and by stating your move is 8, I assume you mean that you won't use the Run action with its associated penalties.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 05-31-2009 at 04:24 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for the late post.

Akaysha actions this round:

Standard: Vicious Mockery vs #5 and I already added the combat advantage to my roll

* Vicious Mockery @ 5 v will *

* Psychic damage *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    05-31-2009 12:03 PM
    Vicious Mockery @ 5 v will: 1d20 (6) + 6 (6) = 12
    Psychic damage: 1d6 (1) + 4 (4) = 5

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm working on the fifth round today. I have taken actions for Morgran and Tanglar.

Ariellana will do another Inspiring Word healing on Morgran. Morgran needs to lay hands on himself, too, one assumes. My healing will give him a healing surge +1d6 hp.

If #2 is still standing, Ariellana will attack him with her dagger. She'll use wolf pack tactics, which will allow someone else to shift.
    In case you see this and can answer me in the next few hours, I have two questions for Ariellana:

1. On her Initiative Count, Ariellana is almost unconscious, while Morgran is no longer bloodied. Will she still use Inspiring Word on Morgran, or would she use it on herself?
    2. Also by her Initiative Count, #2 has shifted out of melee range for Ariellana's dagger. Will Ariellana take her move action to shift back in range, or will she use Commander's Strike with Tanglar, who is by that time the only PC in melee range of #2?

If I don't hear back from you when I complete the round, I will have Ariellana use Inspiring Word to further heal Morgran, and then have her shift towards #2 in order to use Wolf Pack Tactics to further shift Tanglar (though please designate who you are shifting with Wolf Pack Tactics, on subsequent occasions).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ariellana will heal herself since she's worse off than Morgran.
    Since #2 has shifted, she'll use Commander's Strike with Tanglar

though please designate who you are shifting with Wolf Pack Tactics, on subsequent occasions)
    The ideal would be for someone to shift so that Ariellana has combat advantage. The second option is for someone else to shift out of danger (if combat advantage isn't possible, or if the person really needs to get out of the way). Since I'm not quite sure where everyone will be when it's Ariellana's turn, I'm being a bit vague.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC main post #18 for Acqua Alta

This post complements the eighteenth Main Post in the Acqua Alta thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, June 2nd. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, June 4th.

New Calendar Month
    Players get a blank slate concerning missed and late posts.

Exception
    This is implied in the guidelines, but I should state it explicitly: consecutive missed posts are tracked between months, until the chain of missed posts is interrupted. If a person misses a post in April and the next post in May, they have missed two consecutive posts. If they start posting again, and then miss two more in May, they are counted as having missed three posts in total for that month. As a trivial note, this is how a person can wind up with "one consecutive missed post" in my records.

Myn: When you make your next OOC post, please roll a 1d12 Fate Check with no modifiers. Rolling high or rolling low doesn't matter, so don't let the result concern you much. It's something I can do myself, but I usually let a member of the party take care of it, from time to time.

Updated Map: http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2479/ortalan05.jpg

Map Key

• #4's position on the map represents her last seen position before she ducks around a street corner. Note that this differs from how her symbol was placed on the previous round.

Environment for Round Five

• All terrain is difficult for the party until Initiative Count 20, due to magical, entangling vines.

Round Five Summary
    Zephyr (Initiative Count 23)
    Expended: Acid Orb (Encounter), one healing surge
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, +2 to AC (to Initiative Count 18)

• 13 damage (13 from prior rounds)

Free Action: drops poker. (Successful.)
    Minor Action: picks up chair. (Successful.)
    Standard Action: Howling Strike against #2. (Melee attack vs. AC. Miss.)

Akaysha (Initiative Count 22)

Expended: Words of Friendship (Encounter), Fade Away (Encounter), Stirring Shout (Daily), Blunder (Encounter), Action Point (Encounter), two healing surges, Second Wind (Encounter), Majestic Word (Encounter - all)

• 14 damage (14 from prior rounds)

Standard Action: Vicious Mockery vs #5 (Ranged attack vs. Will, with Combat Advantage, distance 4. Miss.)

#5 Clour (Initiative Count 20)
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, Storm Spirit effect (until Initiative Count 20), Bloodied (until Initiative Count 20), grants combat advantage (until end of Initiative Count 16), +2 to all defenses (from Initiative Count 20 until SOT-Clour)

• no damage (17 from previous round, heals 17 on Initiative Count 20)

Start of Turn: Storm Spirit effect. (Successful - heals 2 hit points.)

Minor Action: ends Storm Spirit effect (Successful - heals 10 points of damage and is no longer Bloodied.)
    Move Action: withdraw one square to the west. (Cost 1, shift; successful.)
    Standard Action: take Second Wind. (Successful - spends one healing surge to heal 5 points of damage and gains +2 to all defenses until SOT-Clour.)

End of Turn: terrain is no longer difficult for the party.

U: spectral apparition (Initiative Count 20)
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, flanking Morgran with #2 (until Initiative Count 18).

• no damage

No actions this turn.

Morgran (Initiative Count 18)
    Expended: four healing surges, Lay on Hands (all for the day), Action Point (Encounter), Shielding Smite (Encounter), Second Wind (encounter)
    Status: Challenging #3 (until Initiative Count 18), Bloodied (until Initiative Count 18), flanked by U and #2 (until Initiative Count 18), dealing non-lethal damage, +2 to all defenses until SOT-Morgran

• 13 damage (29 from prior rounds, heal 16 on Initiative Count 18)

Minor Action: Lay on Hands. (Self. Successful - spends one healing surge to heal 8 hit points.)
    Move Action: step to the southeast. (Cost 1, shift; successful.)
    Standard Action: take Second Wind. (Successful - spends one healing surge to heal 8 points of damage, is no longer Bloodied, and gains +2 to all defenses until SOT-Morgran.)

End of Turn: Divine Challenge expires for #3.

Myn (Initiative Count 16)
    Expended: Faerie Fire (Daily), three healing surges (one from prior to encounter), Action Point (Encounter), Second Wind (Encounter)

• 10 damage (10 from prior rounds)

Move Action: exits to the street and turns south. (Cost 16, double move, walk; successful. #4 is out of range for a Charge on the second half of the double move action.)

End of Turn: #5 no longer grants combat advantage due to Faerie Fire (no one is still affected by Faerie Fire at this point). #3 no longer grants combat advantage to the next attacker due to Pounce.

Tanglar (Initiative Count 16-)
    Expended: one healing surge (prior to encounter)
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, hunting #2, Bloodied (from Initiative Count 16-)

• 17 points of damage (from Initiative Count 16-)

Move Action: step one square to the west. (Cost 1, shift; successful.)
    Standard Action: Twin Strike on #2. (Two melee attacks vs. AC. Rolls 12 modified to 15, and 12 modified to 15. Both attacks hit, with Hunter's Quarry bonus added to the first attack - rolls 4, 1, and 4 modifed to 12, and 2 and 4 modified to 9 for a total of 21 points of damage (5 fire damage) to #2, who is bloodied.)
    Immediate Reaction (from #2; trigger - bloodied.): attacks Tanglar. (Melee attack vs. AC. Hit - 17 points of damage against Tanglar, who is bloodied.)

#3 sandy-haired individual with a club (Initiative Count 13+)
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, Storm Spirit effect, Marked by Morgran (until Initiative Count 18), granting combat advantage to next attacker (to Initiative Count 16), Unconscious

• all hit points lost (22 from prior rounds)

#2 brawny youth wielding hammers (Initiative Count 13)
    Expended: both throwing hammers
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, Storm Spirit effect (until Initiative Count 13), flanking Morgran with U (until Initiative Count 18), designated as Tanglar's quarry, Bloodied (from Initiative Count 16-)

• 52 points of damage (35 from prior rounds, takes 21 (5 fire) from Initiative Count 16-, heals 12 on Initiative Count 13, takes 8 (4 fire) on Initiative Count 11)

Immediate Reaction (on Initiative Count 16-; trigger - bloodied.): attacks Tanglar. (Melee attack vs. AC. Hit - 17 points of damage against Tanglar, who is bloodied.)

Start of Turn: Storm Spirit effect. (Successful - heals 2 hit points.)

Minor Action: ends Storm Spirit effect. (Successful - heals 10 hit points.)
    Standard Action: attacks Ariellana. (Melee attack vs. AC. Hit - 8 points of damage to Ariellana.)
    Move Action: shift one square west. (Cost 1, shift; successful.)

Ariellana (Initiative Count 11)
    Expended: two healing surges, Inspiring Word (all for the Encounter)
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, Bloodied (to Initiative Count 11)

• 9 damage (11 from prior rounds, takes 8 on Initiative Count 13, heals 10 on Initiative Count 11)

Minor Action: Inspiring Word to self. (Successful - Ariellana spends a healing surge to regain 5 + 5 = 10 hit points, and is no longer Bloodied.)
    Standard Action: Commander's Strike with Tanglar. (Basic melee attack vs. AC. Rolls a 10, modified to 13: hits - rolls a 1 and a 4, modified to 8 points of damage (4 fire damage) against #2.)

#1 elderly staff bearer (Initiative Count 4)
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, Unconscious, ongoing fire damage

• all hit points lost (34 from prior rounds)
    • 6 lethal fire damage (4 from previous round, 2 on Initiative Count 4)

Ongoing Damage: takes 2 fire damage.

Saving Throw vs. Ongoing Fire Damage: failure - continues to suffer ongoing fire damage

#4 grim-faced, unarmed stranger (Initiative Count 2)
    Status: dealing non-lethal damage, Stirring Shout effect (Whenever hit by allies of Akaysha, those allies heal 4 hit points.), Bloodied, -2 to attack (until Initiative Count 22), Running

• 13 damage (13 damage from prior rounds)

Move Action: runs south and then around a corner to the east. (Cost 13+, double move, run; successful.)

PC Results Summary
    Akaysha has expended Words of Friendship (Encounter), Fade Away (Encounter), Stirring Shout (Daily), Majestic Word (Encounter - all), her Second Wind (Encounter), an Action Point (Encounter - none left), and Blunder (Encounter).
    Akaysha has spent 2 Healing Surges.
    Akaysha has taken 14 points of damage, and is Bloodied.

Ariellana has expended Inspiring Word (Encounter - none left)
    Ariellana has spent 2 healing surges.
    Ariellana has taken 9 points of damage.

Morgran has expended Shielding Smite (Encounter), Second Wind (Encounter), and Lay on Hands (all for the day), and an Action Point (Encounter - none left)
    Morgran has spent 4 healing surges.
    Morgran has taken 13 points of damage.
    Morgran has +2 to all defenses until SOT-Morgran.

Myn has expended Faerie Fire (Daily), his Second Wind (Encounter), and an Action Point (Encounter - none left).
    Myn has spent 3 healing surges.
    Myn has taken 10 points of damage.

Tanglar has spent 1 healing surge.
    Tanglar is hunting #2.
    Tanglar has taken 17 points of damage, and is Bloodied.

Zephyr has expended Acid Orb (Encounter).
    Zephyr has taken 13 points of damage.
    Zephyr has spent one healing surge.

Opponent Negative Effects Summary

• #1 is Unconscious and taking ongoing lethal fire damage.
    • #2 is Tanglar's Quarry and Bloodied.
    • #3 is Unconscious.
    • #4 is Bloodied and Running.
    • #5 "Clour" has no negative impediments by the start of the next round.
    • U has no negative impediments by the start of the next round.

Opponent Damage Summary

• #1 has last all her hit points and has taken 6 points of lethal fire damage.
    • #2 has taken 52 points of damage.
    • #3 has lost all his hit points.
    • #4 has taken 13 points of damage.
    • #5 "Clour" is undamaged.
    • U is undamaged.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 05-31-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    is tanglar in my way for a charge?