Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 103 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3291

Thread: Out-of-character adventure discussion

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    any creature karu attacks is marked by her. For my next turn, I plan on using escalating violence and savage growl, so we can try out that combo we discussed as long as you are adj to me (and assuming I hit )
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Next turn Karu will probably be marking both of them and trying to pull 2 into a better position so you guys can get the flanking going (and so Karu might have a chance at avoiding some more flanking).

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just be careful not to superimpose the mark I put on him. I only get one use /encounter and want to make good use of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I rather forgot to roll for my Healing Word. In fact I caught it quite quickly, but I was afraid that I would double post if I tried to roll you see.

* Healing Word for Rogur Surge + roll value *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    06-01-2010 03:12 PM
    Healing Word for Rogur Surge + roll value : 2d6 (6,6 = 12) + 7 (7) = 19

Downloads
    Uploads
    Understood; I'll focus on attacking the centipedes.

Alright, I'll nuke centipede #2. Since it'll be a new round, I'll put the bow and arrow away, take out my implement, and then cast Vicious Mockery at it. To be safe, if I go after #2 dies (you never know), then I'll direct it at centipede #1.

Rolling!

* Vicious Mockery: Attack *

* Damage *

06-01-2010 11:29 PM
    Vicious Mockery: Attack : 1d20 (13)+ 4 (4) = 17
    Damage : 1d6 (4)+ 4 (4) = 8

Downloads
    Uploads
    Should we be posting for the new round, or are we still posting for the round that Umi partially updated above?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was still under the impression that we were working on "Ah, centipedes!" Round 1. Though I'm sure Umi wouldn't mind us giving a pre-view of what we are going to do next. Personally I like to see how thing process out in around before I make any guesses on what Yrisz's actions might be...but that's just me...

That said, I think Johnsoncake, you only moved in Round 1, so you probably could drop your bow (as a free action), draw your implement (as a minor action) and cast Vicious Mockery (as your standard action) this round. It's a thought, if you don't mind dropping your bow. It shouldn't break or anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Itherlyn: Sounds like a plan. I'll do it!

Edit to Action:

Move: (As stated in previous post)
    Free: Drop Bow and Arrow *canceled*
    Minor: Draw Implement *canceled*
    Standard: Vicious Mockery
    Last edited by johnsoncake; 06-04-2010 at 03:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC Main Post #121

This post complements the one hundred twenty-first Main Post in the Acqua Alta thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, June 5th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, June 7th.

Map:
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/280...01shaftr01.jpg
    Illumination: dark (other than illumination provided by the party)

Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    we waiting for other people's actions, or are they skipped. otherwise, I'll probably use escalating violence, and if that hits, savage growl (assuming he isn't dead).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post
    Should we be posting for the new round, or are we still posting for the round that Umi partially updated above?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithelryn View Post
    I was still under the impression that we were working on "Ah, centipedes!" Round 1. Though I'm sure Umi wouldn't mind us giving a pre-view of what we are going to do next. Personally I like to see how thing process out in around before I make any guesses on what Yrisz's actions might be...but that's just me...

That said, I think Johnsoncake, you only moved in Round 1, so you probably could drop your bow (as a free action), draw your implement (as a minor action) and cast Vicious Mockery (as your standard action) this round. It's a thought, if you don't mind dropping your bow. It shouldn't break or anything.
    Yes, this is to accumulate the remaining actions for round one. That said, just as Ithelryn surmised, I'm never averse to previews of intent.

I believe that Akaysha can use Vicious Mockery as a vocal measure without having to set aside her bow and arrow, and without having to draw an implement. For that matter, she doesn't own an implement in the first place. I will entertain suggestions to the contrary, and if this becomes an unbalancing proposition, I'll reconsider my judgment.

Round One Summary

Giant Centipedes (Initiative Count 26)
    #1 Standard Action - Charge and Bite Rogur (Cost 3; normal - 2xW, NW; Melee +1 vs. AC - critical hit. Rogur takes 8 points of damage, and ongoing 5 poison damage.)
    #2 Move Action - (Cost 5; normal - 2xW, 3xNW); Standard Action - Bite Rogur. (Melee vs. AC - hit. Rogur takes 3 points of damage and is weakened.)

End of Turn - Giant Centipedes' initiative count set to 2.

Tanglar (Initiative Count 25)

Minor Action: designate giant centipede 2 as Hunter's Quarry.
    Standard Action: charge giant centipede 2. (Swift Charge - cost 7; normal - 2xE, 2xSE, 3xE. Melee attack +1 vs. AC with combat advantage - rolls 1. Automatic miss.)

End of Turn - Tanglar's initiative count set to 1.

Karu (Initiative Count 24)
    Expended: 2 sling bullets, 1 healing surge

Move Action: head into the room. (Cost 7; run. S, 2xE, 4xSE.)
    Standard Action: charge giant centipede 1. (Cost 4; normal. E, 3xNE. Basic Melee -4 vs. AC - modified roll is 18. Hit - giant centipede 1 takes 14 points of damage and is marked.)

The initial move was done differently to avoid moving diagonally across solid corners. It doesn't quite get Karu to the initial target square, but the subsequent charge is still legal, since each move brings her closer to the target.
    Running results in a -5 penalty to attacks until the start of her next turn, which I factored in with the charge to bring the attack modifier to -4.

Akaysha (Initiative Count 20)
    Expended: 2 arrows

Move Action: enter the room. (Cost 5; normal.)
    Standard Action: Vicious Mockery against centipede 2. (Ranged charm vs. Will at distance 4. Modified roll is 19 - hit. 9 points of psychic damage and giant centipede 2 is at -2 to attacks ENT)

My calculations put Akaysha at +6 to hit and +5 damage with this attack. Attack roll is +4 for Charisma, +1 for level, and +1 for Feyborn Charm. Damage roll is +4 for Charisma, +1 for Feyborn Charm. Let me know if I'm overlooking something.
    I canceled dropping the bow and arrow, because there's no need. If Akaysha is supposed to drop them, please reconfirm that action. Similarly, I canceled the draw implement, because I don't show her owning any.

Rogur (Initiative Count 8+)
    Expended: 6 crossbow bolts
    16 points of damage

Start of Turn: Rogur takes 5 points of poison damage and is bloodied.

Free Action: Knowledge Check (Nature - result 17; see post #1517)
    Double Move Action: slide away from the centipedes. (Cost 2; shift. Giant centipede 2 is now flanked by Karu and Rogur.)
    Minor Action: ready short sword in off-hand. There is no penalty associated with this.

End of Turn: Rogur saves against poison and weakness.

Ariellana (Initiative Count 8)

Free Action: Knowledge Check (Nature - rolls 11 modified to 13; see post #1517)
    Double Move Action: close with giant centipede 2. (Cost 9; normal. N, 2xE, 3xSE, 2xE, NE.)

I don't see a way to charge #2 for Ariellana without an initial run move. Entering the closest square where a charge will take Ariellana to one square south of #2 is N, 2xE, 4xSE. Please confirm if she's running, or using a maneuver that I didn't contemplate. I've converted this to a double move to achieve the desired tactical position.

Zephyr (Initiative Count 7)
    Expended: Arcane Prodigy (Encounter)

Standard Action: charge giant centipede 2. (Cost 6; normal - 5xE, SE. Howling Strike - Melee +1 vs. AC - hit. 14 points of damage with Arcane Prodigy bonus)
    Free Action: Knowledge Check. (Nature - rolls 5 modified to 12; see post #1517)

Yrisz (Initiative Count 3)
    Expended: Healing Word (Encounter - one left)

Move Action: enter room. (Cost 5; normal.)
    Minor Action: pronounce a Healing Word upon Rogur. (Ranged healing at distance 3. Rogur spends a healing surge, is no longer bloodied, and regains all of his hit points.)
    Standard Action: cast an Astral Seal on centipede 2. (Ranged +2 vs. Reflex at distance 4 - miss.)

Giant Centipedes (Initiative Count 2)
    #1 (14 points of damage, marked by Karu) Standard Action - bite Karu (Melee vs. AC with combat advantage - hit. Karu takes 8 points of damage and ongoing 5 poison damage.)
    #2 (23 points of damage, Tanglar's Quarry, -2 to attacks) Move Action - crawl north (Cost 1; shift. No longer flanked.); Standard Action - bite Zephyr. (Melee -2 vs. AC - hit. Zephyr takes 6 points of damage and ongoing 5 poison damage.)
    Giant Centipedes #3-5 appear at the edge of the pit.

Tanglar (Initiative Count 1)
    Expended: Furious Assault (Encounter), Two-Fanged Strike (Encounter)

Move Action: step northeast. (Cost 1; shift.)
    Standard Action: use Two-Fanged Strike on centipede 2. (Melee vs. AC. Two attacks - rolls 6 modified to 12 and 14 modified to 20 - one hits.)
    Free Action: Furious Assault. (Rolls 5, 7, 2 modified to 17 points of damage, bloodying centipede 2.)

PC Results Summary
    Akaysha has expended 2 arrows.

Ariellana has taken 3 points of damage.

Karu has expended 2 sling bullets.
    Karu has spent 1 healing surge.
    Karu has taken 8 points of damage.
    Karu is suffering ongoing 5 poison damage.

Rogur has expended 6 crossbow bolts.
    Rogur has spent 1 healing surge.

Tanglar has expended Furious Assault and Two-Fanged Strike.

Yrisz has spent one Healing Word.

Zephyr has expended Arcane Prodigy.
    Zephyr has taken 6 points of damage.
    Zephyr is suffering ongoing 5 poison damage.

Room Occupant Negative Effects Summary
    Giant Centipede 1 is marked by Karu.
    Giant Centipede 2 is bloodied, Tanglar's Quarry, and is at -2 to attacks.

Room Occupant Damage Summary
    Giant Centipede 1 - 14 points of damage
    Giant Centipede 2 - 40 points of damage
    Last edited by Umiushi; 06-04-2010 at 03:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rats, no combat advantage forthcoming. Rogur will swipe at #2 and shift W. Perhaps #2 will follow and leave itself open to flanking on the next round.

Standard: Sly Flourish against #2
    * Attack vs. AC *

* Damage *

Move: Shift 1W

Minor: None

06-04-2010 07:26 AM
    Attack vs. AC: 1d20 (3)+ 7 (7) = 10
    Damage: 1d6 (5)+ 6 (6) = 11

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okey dokey

I missed the map, but I am going to attack whoever is attacking me (and who karu is not engaged with). If rogur wants to flank with me, I have no quarrels with that.

Of course, if that is the case, will let umi add in bonuses.

Independent of that, are the new bugs centipedes too, or do we need a new nature check?? If we need a new one, roll it away for me would you umi?

Also, ariellana, if I do hit and use savage growl, you should use commander's strike with me, as my hit will do extra 1d8 dam.

Free: nature check (if needed)
    Move: shift to get flank with rogur (if he is adj to the centipede adj to me and I can gain flank)
    std: escalating violence vs centipede who attacked me (AC)
    free: (if hit and don't kill) savage growl
    end of turn: Saving throw vs. poison

* escalating violence vs. AC of adj centipede *

* dam and extra stuff for hitting *

* ST vs. ongoing dam *

and if hit, next ally to hit same target (if within 5 sqrs of me) gets +3 to the dam roll

06-04-2010 08:12 AM
    escalating violence vs. AC of adj centipede : 1d20 (12)+ 6 (6) = 18
    dam and extra stuff for hitting : 2d12 (6,8 = 14) + 3 (3) = 17
    ST vs. ongoing dam : 1d20 (5)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't see a way to charge #2 for Ariellana without an initial run move.

She has a speed of 6, I believe. So, she moves one north, two east (through the doorway), then 3 southeast. That puts her more than two squares from centipede 2, and each square of charging brings her closer to it.

If this is a problem, then I am OK with her simply moving into position.

-----------------
    if I do hit and use savage growl, you should use commander's strike with me, as my hit will do extra 1d8 dam.
    That sounds good to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Karu will shift one to the east and swing her axe at #1, making ready for the approaching bugs, and trying to get their attention.

takes poison dmg
    Minor: Stone's Endurance
    Move: Shift E one
    Standard: Reaping Strike vs. 1
    saving throw

* Reaping Strike Str vs. AC *

* dmg, 4 dmg on miss *

* Saving throw to get rid of this poison *

06-04-2010 04:38 PM
    Reaping Strike Str vs. AC: 1d20 (4)+ 7 (7) = 11
    dmg, 4 dmg on miss: 1d12 (12)+ 4 (4) = 16
    Saving throw to get rid of this poison: 1d20 (7)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    Independent of that, are the new bugs centipedes too, or do we need a new nature check??
    The new bugs are also giant centipedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post
    I don't see a way to charge #2 for Ariellana without an initial run move.

She has a speed of 6, I believe. So, she moves one north, two east (through the doorway), then 3 southeast. That puts her more than two squares from centipede 2, and each square of charging brings her closer to it.

If this is a problem, then I am OK with her simply moving into position.
    It would work, but before Initiative Count 1, Tanglar is occupying that square. Here's the link to the older map for reference: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3...1shaftr01a.jpg

I'll keep her round one actions as moving into position.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 06-04-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted Ariellana to go to the spot to the right of Tanglar. Is that a problem with the charging rules?