Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: AD&D (2nd Ed)
Style: 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
Current Players: 4
Desired # of Players: 7
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Friday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: OpenRPG (Free downlaod)
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(OpenRPG (Free downlaod))

Thread: Andurin - Tolmara

Downloads
    Uploads

Andurin - Tolmara

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Fri evenings, 9:30 pm to 3 am EST Note: I am not the DM of this game, but a player posting on behalf of his DM.

What is Tolmara?
    This game is a long-term 2nd edition AD&D campaign set in the Grand Duchy of Kern on the continent of Telluria, on Andurin, a homebrew campaign world. The game is run using modified modules from 1st and 2nd Edition D&D, tuned to work with the homebrew world.
    This game has been running for a little over five years on OpenRPG. It first began under 3rd edition rules, then moved to D&D 3.5. Then in July 2008, after several months of deliberation and discussion, we switched to 2nd Edition AD&D. Currently, due to RL commitments, we are searching to fill three vacencies within the group roster.

When does the game run?
    9:30 pm to 3 am EST, Eastern Standard Time (or GMT -5). We meet every Friday, or try to as real life allows. We play through the OpenRPG program, using Tangled Web as our default server and the room is Tolmara.

What is this OpenRPG?
    For those not familiar with the program, OpenRPG is a free download (in three parts) that simulates tabletop gaming online. It has a map tabletop, character sheets, dice rolling, chat (both room wide chat and private whispers), and more small features that round it out into a full program. There is a link to the OpenRPG forums through the link above if the directions are not enough to download and use the program, and many of the users online are more than willing to explain the basics of the program.

What books are needed?
    At a minimum, the 2nd edition AD&D Player's Handbook is needed. We also use the Player's Option: Skills & Powers book for the non-weapon profeciencies. Other than that (both of which can be found easily in either PDF or DOC format), nothing is required.
    If you are familiar with 2nd Ed, the DM is currently being hesitant on opening all material for availability, but can be asked about anything.
    If you are not familiar with 2nd Ed but want to learn - believe me, it's not really that bad. I started with 3.0 and only learned 2nd Ed for two games, and have gotten the hang of it fairly well. We are also more than willing to teach newcomers as most of us were 3.x people before reverting to 2nd Ed.

What type/level of characters are permitted?
    Characters are currently between 7th and 8th level. Incoming player characters will be roughly at the midpoint between levels. No evil PCs, no psionics and no monster PCs (includes half-orcs).

Do I need to know anything about Andurin to join?
    Nope. That being said, if you're the type of person who likes to read, you can browse the Andurin wiki. No foreknowledge is required however. Please be aware that since our conversion to 2nd edition AD&D, most of the wiki needs to be rewritten to reflect the switch in game edition.

If you're interested/have any questions
    You can post a reply here with your contact information or you can send me an e-mail to Zane at mad dot scientist dot com. If you e-mail me, please be sure to put "Andurin" in the subject line so I don't treat it as spam.

Thanks for reading and may all your rolls be successes and your attacks be hits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have one interested party already, so there are still two spots available and fun to be had by all!
    Last edited by Zane; 04-04-2009 at 01:57 AM.