Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Comparison of RPG systems

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Comparison of RPG systems

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Last April I posted the first in a series of articles called Comparative Character Generation.

I've completed, or should I say abandoned, another in the series, giving my take on d20 systems. Maybe somebody will find it interesting.

Some may find it kind of harsh on d20, but remember I'm evaluating d20 for my own purposes, not as an objective review.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Passages

In the article I briefly mention the game Passages. Coincidentally, RPGnet has a review of Passages this morning. It does as well or better than I could.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    for PC Generation I have not found a better one than CP2020

Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel that people (reviewers) are not harsh enough about D20 and generally D&D all around. I think they tend to be afraid to say anything bad about the game because of they might lose support for their reviews or opinion. Kind of sad really.
    I do not play them here or there, I do not play them anywhere, I do not play them with a fox. I do not mash that button box. I do not like MMO games. In the end ther're all the same.
    -Tesral

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

jade von delioch beat me to the answer. Oh well, i agree with jade on this one. rpg reviewers seem to know/believe that brutal honesty with d20 will lessen their credibility. Too bad, really. I'd love to see some harsh/brutal truth in reviews, especially with the d20 system.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet