Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ask Wizards: 03/25/2009 (Zombie Plague)

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Ask Wizards: 03/25/2009 (Zombie Plague)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.

Check out this new article Wizards of the Coast posted recently:

Ask Wizards: 03/25/2009

Where is the zombie plague disease, from Open Grave?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zombies? Did someone mention zombies? How cool is this? One can never go wrong with zombies in their game. I, for one, am very much looking forward to this release.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Arghh......brains...........
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kirksmithicus View Post
    Arghh......brains...........
    A bit of a side note, i've always wanted to play one of those zombie-themed rpg's, but i digress.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads

Zombies....ohhh yeahhh

Nothing cooler than playing a modern game in Dawn of the Dead. We had a blast. this spawned into several off shoots, you ever want to see players knocking each other off or fighting then these are the games. we had one guy get bit and it was a fight, 1/2 wanted to execute him right there, some wanted to use him as bait, and the others wanted to try and save him.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampolitor View Post
    Nothing cooler than playing a modern game in Dawn of the Dead. We had a blast. this spawned into several off shoots, you ever want to see players knocking each other off or fighting then these are the games. we had one guy get bit and it was a fight, 1/2 wanted to execute him right there, some wanted to use him as bait, and the others wanted to try and save him.
    Sounds like a change of pace that i would welcome in a game. I saw a zombie-themed game at the last CON, and it looked like a blast to play.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always wanted to play the zombies, that's why I DM.

I was thinking of doing an encounter for D&D where the players come into the "ye old" tavern, the safe haven of all adventurers. Then they rent a room upstairs for the night and go to sleep. While the PC's are all discussing their haul from the last adventer etc, I slip in the "you are awakened in the middle of the night by a loud scream". They run downstairs to find...... yep you guessed it, hordes of zombies drinking all the ale and molesting the bar wench. Of course the characters have to fight their way out because there are bars on the windows and the stout front door is locked...........oh and just for S&G's and the place is on fire.
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already. - - -TheRedRobedWizard

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey kirksmithicus, if ever you play the scenario, be sure to blog the details for your brothers and sisters on this site. I, for one, would love to read it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well right now I'm just a poor old player, with no power to inflict my will. I was thinking of trying to start up a group, but I'm still a little hesitant at the moment. To many commitments and whatnot, but if the game I'm in falls apart I will. So if I ever do I will post it up.

Downloads
    Uploads

the Return of the ancient

I ran a online game when I was a DM for the first CYBERCON that was online.
    It was pretty cool, the theme was a party of local village idiots were paid to go to a ruined monastary and retrieve a old tome. The tome contained the powers of a Djinn (the Djinn are like the Uber Demonlords in my homebrew)
    Well the stranger who is really the decaying form of the ancient powerless Djinn hired them. They open the tomb but are killed in the process opening and breaking several magical vials. They open one and are infected with the disease(called Darkmist since it looks like a swirling black smoke) They paddle back to shore (the monastary is on a island) and die in the village temple. Of course they resurrect into flesheaters like in dawn of the dead (slow movers though) and infect the entire town.
    Enter the party who are at another town 1 days ride south, fast foward a couple of days and they met the same Djinn who is disguised. He hires them to retrieve the book that contains the cure for his curse, he claims that the monks had found a cure (but they were the ones who had captured him and taken his powers away.) and that he wants to hire them. They riged up and went to sleep that night and awoke to zombies attacking the town.
    The attack took an entire session where they ran around the town and tried to group as many survivors as they could, If I remember there was a cleric, paladin, ranger, fighter,and female Thief. They all did pretty good and survived the night. They barricaded themselves in the Inn and had to fight several times, then ventured out and cleaned up the town The ranger trakced the creatures coming form the North. At this time a deep fog had settled in (a unatural fog of course).
    They ventured north and one night they had an encounter and got seperated. The ranger went across a rope bridge, fell through to the river below and almost drowned, he made it to shore to a ancient graveyard (he was not happy) needless to say it was a running fight until they linked up together on the outskirts of the other town.
    Of course there was nobody around, they found a turned over wagon where they were attacked by zombie children and were rescued by another little girl who helpled them get into a temple by unlocking the door. There they found a bunch of survivors who told them what had happened and one cleric told them that they needed to get to the island to be safe.
    Well of course they got attacked in the temple and where we lost the first player. He was a powergamer I guess and used to being a badass, The paladin (you can tell he was a young teen) unbarricaded the door and jumped into the creatures to try and clear them away from the door so the rest could make a break for it. Of course this was against everyone elses advice and he stated (theyre only zombies, I can turn then and Im in full plate mail)
    well needless to say they had canned lunch and he wound up coming back as a zombie in platemail.
    They others did make it to the island of course a couple of NPC's became snacks when the paladin opened the door. The rest of the module was around the ruins of the monastary, and a ruinded fortress, they eventually found the book and then find out that the little girl who rescued them was actually a witch named Michella who killed the cleric and stole the book. They tracked her down and killed her and drove the Djinn away finding out his true meaning, of course the rogue wanted to sell the book but the fighter took it from her. Anyway it was a fun campaign and had several requests to make a part 2.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    Zombies? Did someone mention zombies? How cool is this? One can never go wrong with zombies in their game. I, for one, am very much looking forward to this release.

Thoth-Amon Open Grave has been out for awhile now...I used it for my Ravenloft game...GREAT conversions...but they did forget this zombie plague disease (searched the whole book for it). When they released this I've just finished up the zombie part of Expedition to Castle Ravenloft....if it was just released 2 weeks earlier. lol Oh well...it went well without it anyway.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerath View Post
    Thoth-Amon Open Grave has been out for awhile now...I used it for my Ravenloft game...GREAT conversions...but they did forget this zombie plague disease (searched the whole book for it). When they released this I've just finished up the zombie part of Expedition to Castle Ravenloft....if it was just released 2 weeks earlier. lol Oh well...it went well without it anyway.
    I missed participating in your Ravenloft game, Tamerath. Sucks for me.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol You did! But it's cool amigo...I know you had a lot of stuff on your platter this year. Hey perhaps when ddi finally gets all it's component parts working with a virtual game table and all that I could host a game for you.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerath View Post
    lol You did! But it's cool amigo...I know you had a lot of stuff on your platter this year. Hey perhaps when ddi finally gets all it's component parts working with a virtual game table and all that I could host a game for you.
    Typically, i'd be against it, Tamerath, considering my busy shedule and all. But seeing as how, through experience playing in another one of your campaigns, consider you an expert level GM, and therefore would consider myself a fool to blow off the possibility to participate in one of your gaming sessions. They are truly a blast!

A note to everyone: Tamerath brings killer fresh ideas to the table. He's always prepared and looks forward to expert players challenging his games. Trust me when i say, i cant give this guy higher praise as a GM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, Thanks for the kind words It was fun having you at the table. I'm blushing.... *logs off before anyone can notice.....sorta like a ninja who just split his pants...well...kinda*

Oh, before I go I plan to post little updates about my Ravenloft game to anyone who's interested reading them on my Blog. Check it out and feel free to comment on them if you'd like...I like feedback (if you can leave comments on them...I haven't really messed around with that)
    Last edited by Tamerath; 04-03-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast