Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Standalone Adventures

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Standalone Adventures

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This thread will hold information for any short adventures that aren't part of a larger, extendable campaign.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Halloween Special for October 2014 - "The Graveyard of Sorrows"

I will be running a short, published adventure on Sunday, October 12th. If we don't conclude the story in one session, I will continue with a second session on Sunday, October 19th. This adventure is intended for five first level characters and will be appropriate for the Halloween season. There is some leeway to the number of players I can accept, but the more players there are, the slower the adventure will progress.

I will be providing eight pregenerated characters and will be posting them in my blog. Summary information for them is as follows:
    • Chessy Iggeon, female human fighter
    • Din Boldo, male dwarf druid
    • Sir Dwil Majant, male human paladin
    • Prefect Kaven Fentimun, male human cleric
    • Knaff of Glissil, male human rogue
    • Sir Osim Clafom, male tiefling warlord
    • Sperril Estetorm, female half-elf sorcerer
    • Ymur of the Brown Tower, female human wizard

Players may alter the name, sex, and suggested personalities of the provided characters to suit their liking. If you wish to participate in this adventure with your own character, please submit it by Wednesday, October 8th. Such characters should be made according to the guidelines give in this thread: http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...les-Guidelines

In addition, the following rules and limitations apply:
    • All custom characters will be human.
    • Characters must only use the arcane, divine, martial, or primal power sources.
    • Characters have 100 gp worth of funds to buy equipment.
    • Purchases from sources other than the Player's Handbook are subject to my approval.

For veteran players of the Unquiet Lands, this adventure is set in the County of Bespant, part of the Holy Realm that includes the Shenothom Lowlands. Bespant is a temperate and hilly inland county that lies northeast of Shenothom and south of Aucothia. The "Royal Sect" is the state-sponsored religion that worships the goddess Erathis, and all pregenerated divine characters belong to it. The country is on the silver standard, and one hundred gp worth of starting funds is equal to one gold florin, ten electrum ampyrons, one hundred silver obols, one thousand bronze radiates, or ten thousand copper minims. It is therefore assumed that characters will start the game with obols, radiates, minims, and possibly a few ampyrons.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Umiushi,

* Will your blog post include starting equipment as well as powers?
    * Will your blog post include character notes/personality, etc, or is that left to the discretion of the player?
    * Will we be running this on MapTool? If so, may I provide you a campaign template with property names that are macro-friendly, as I did for Memories Remain?

I'm leaning toward the cleric right now, slightly depending on the others' choices. (Although I know you have a fondness for unbalanced parties, I'm not sure we need more than one Leader role.)

--T

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will the time be earlier in the evening or later?

If the Sunday session will start around the 8:00-8:30 hour I would like to be considered to play the half-elf.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested, as mentioned in the last session. (I still may not be able to make the 19th still, so I can duck out if that will cause issue). I haven't played a druid or a dwarf before, so DDDin is interesting. I also like the name Chessy, so I would also be interested in playing her.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will provide characters with starting equipment and powers. I will also include a short summary of their suggested background and personality, but it will be up to the player to take it or leave it.

I haven't decided whether to run the game on Maptool or not. It will either be on Maptool or on chat. If the latter, I will probably use the 13th Age rules for non-tactical combat. I will decide before Saturday.

The starting time is listed as 4:00 - 4:30 pm on Sunday. I don't think I can push it back, unfortunately, because I am going to be fairly busy that night.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bummer, that time is going to be pretty difficult for me. Well, I hope you guys have fun
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, gang! Since everyone's talking about PC's, I figured I'd lay mine out. I went ahead and made my own-- a human fighter with Battlerage Vigor; so she's a bit of a striker-build. Does anyone know if Yawgmoth is making a PC? Because if everyone is picking a pre-generated one but me, I may feel so out-of-place that I end up picking a pre-generated one, too?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

"The Graveyard of Sorrows," concluding session

The second half of the Graveyard of Sorrows will begin at 4:00 pm PDT on October 19th with game-play to start no later than 4:30 pm. We will meet in P&PG Chat, and conduct the game in first available Game Room.

Evet Glipsell's husband and father are still trapped in one of the crypts. The session begins as the party prepares to enter the central structure of the three. For convenience and as this is the last session, I have assumed that all characters spend needed healing surges during their short rest to reach full hit points.

Graveyard of Sorrows Player Character Roster
    • DiscipleofYawgmoth, playing Knaff of Glissill
      • Human Rogue, Level 1
      • 125 XP
      • 70 radiates
      • 6 daggers
      • 36 quarrels
      • 50' of rope
      • sunrod (in use)
      • 10 days' worth of trail rations
      • full waterskin

• Palpatim, playing Kaven Fentimun
      • Human Cleric, Level 1
      • 125 XP
      • 10 obols' worth of mystic salves
      • 10 obols' worth of sanctified incense
      • 5 obols
      • 50 radiates
      • 50' of rope
      • 2 sunrods
      • full waterskin
      • no action points remaining
      • 1 healing surge expended (5 remaining)

• Seadogstyle, playing Ariel Lyrypine
      • Human Fighter, Level 1
      • 125 XP
      • 14 obols
      • 50' of rope
      • 2 sunrods
      • 2 torches
      • full waterskin
      • 2 healing surges expended (11 remaining)

• Sobek, playing Din Boldo
      • Dwarf Druid, Level 1
      • 125 XP
      • ritual book (2 pages filled; 126 pages blank)
      • 45 obols' worth of rare herbs
      • 50 radiates
      • 50' of rope
      • 2 sunrods
      • full waterskin

Last edited by Umiushi; 10-19-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: correcting sun rod quantities

Downloads
    Uploads
    My move got postponed to Tuesday, so I'll be able to make the session.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to hear, Sobek!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Centuries ago, a megalithic temple dedicated to Orcus, the Demon Prince of the Undead, lay on the site that is now Cafeld's graveyard. Eventually, unable to bear with their abominable practices, neighboring tribes attacked the temple and slaughtered its priests. Mindful of the possibility that the three high priests' spirits would return, they were buried in sanctified crypts, protected by magical wards.

It wasn't enough. Revenge took the form of a plague that descended upon the tribes, utterly wiping them out. Only in recent years was the land, which became largely barren and menacing, resettled. The newcomers, who staked out farms from the most fertile land and quickly formed a small village, took note of the crypts and their markings, and further secured the area by hallowing the land, and making it their graveyard.

Only a few days before the adventure began, the natural effect of the elements finally broke the seal on the old tombs, and nullified the last of the wards. The final relic of the priests began to send out a siren song of undeath. Slowly, one at a time, it called up bodies from their graves. First the ones close by, and then further and further out. Like a beacon, it attracted some of the modern versions of those ancient, Orcus-worshiping cultists, undead themselves, who took control of the surrounding mindless animates, and sent them to collect victims to sacrifice to the relic in the hopes of awakening it further.

That's the background for the Graveyard of Sorrows. Thank you for playing! This thread will be locked until the next time there is interest in a short adventure.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 10-20-2014 at 05:55 PM.