Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Destiny of Kings (N3, 9163)
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: 2E
Style: Not Specified
Current Players: 5
Desired # of Players: 6
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Sunday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: Chat on the site here using 2E
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(Chat on the site here using 2E)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Destiny of Kings (N3, 9163)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

2E Destiny of Kings (N3, 9163) & Bromley Falco

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Ok folks. I have been asked to do an Online game, so I am going to give this a try. It will probably be a little while before the campaign actually starts, but then at first, the players will be needing to decide what other equipment their character has in addition to what is given at the start of the game. We will use the 2E version of AD&D. I have both the PHB and the DMG from the first printing. I know that there is a second printing out and if that is what someone has it is no problem. I may actually be able to get ahold of it also. In the rare case that there is contradicting information, we will go with the original printings information. In order to keep things from getting to confusing or overwhelming to those that may have never used the 2E version, that is the two books that we will use. Anything not specifically addressed will be decided upon and notated so as to have some continuity to play.

The are 6 characters provided with this module and for ease of starting, we will use them. I will post what is provided for each character, so that potential players can choose from available characters. The order of choosing a character will be based on the order that people have committed to playing, and there are 3 people already in line that have asked that I do this online game. I would recommend that each player keep a character sheet of their own, even though I will have one here also, so be sure that you tell me anything that you want to character to have as I will go with what is on my sheet in the case of discrepancies.

Since these 6 characters start out at levels 3 and 4, I have chosen this particular module to start with. The main reason it that I then have 2 other modules that will allow us to use these characters in as the rise in levels. I will assume max. funds were availabe from the Initial Character Funds chart on pg. 66 in the PHB for first level. I will deduct from this the cost of the equipment. The ammount of funds available to equip with will be listed on the character post in this thread. Two other points to be sure of. First, I will not post a specific alignment for the characters. We will go with however each player runs their character, but there will be no characters of an evil alignment, period. Second, if want the character to know a particular skill/proficiency, be sure to let me know this so that the character sheet can be notated. So if you don't pick proficiencies for your character, your character will not know that. Just be sure to make sure that you have enough slots for what you are choosing.

The 2 characters that are dual classed will only have one set of XP. With where they start out at level wise, this is able to be done. Now there is the possibility that there could be even more distance inbetween the level of each of their classes as we continue on with the game. When they need to make a roll based on class, the most advantageous class is what will be used.

Also, there are 2 characters that are female characters, so ladies, don't be shy, feel free to request to be in on the game. Also, since I plan on making the game public so that others can observe, language and actions will need to be watched, since there is no telling how young someone may be that is watching.

For combat, this is how I work turns and rounds. As each character, NPC, or creature does his/her action, that is considered a turn. Once everyone has had a turn, whether it be a character, NPC, or creature, this is what will be considered as a round. This will be mostly needed for the casting of spells.

Mentioning Spells, Be sure to list which ones your character knows. In the case of the Clerics, since their spells come from thier dieties, they do not have to rememorize them after using them. However, if they do something in opposition to their diety, they may find that their prayers for that spell go ungranted. In either case, clerics and magic users need to have the items needed to cast such a spell, but in most cases, the item will not be spent in the casting. This is to keep from having to spend game time regathering spell items most of the time. Now for the magic users, you will need to relearn your spells after you cast them so the party may need to be prepared to stop and allow this. Also, just because you come upon a new spell that you are capable of using, until you make a successful chance to learn spell roll, you will not be able to use it. I will be keeping track of the spells also and of course, your character will need to be carrying a spell book with them amongst their gear.

We will also watch the weight that each character is carrying. One thing that I do is that if an item is magical, (ie. longsword +1, spell book, chainmail +1, ect.) the item is considered to have no weight due to the process of making it magical.

Hopefully this has covered much of the information needed. If you would have a question, please drop me a PM so that the campaign invitation thread doesn't get bogged down with questions and answeres.

Thanks for your interest and hopefully we can have an enjoyable game.

cplmac
    --- Merged from Double Post ---

Bromley Falco is being played by Pieh.

Bromley Falco is a male Gnome. He is an illusionist (level 3)/thief (level 4). Age: 92 Height: 4 feet Weight: 92 lbs. He has 28 hit points to start with. His Thaco to start is 19 and has an Armor Class of 7 and 5000 XP.

Strength: 14
    Dexterity: 15
    Constitution: 15
    Intelligence: 16
    Wisdom: 12
    Charisma: 16

Bromley has the following Gear:

Backpack, Beltpouch, leather armor, 12 darts, Thieve's Picks, and a wineskin.

He has also aquired the following magical items:

Spell Book, a Dagger +1, a potion of Speed, and a Ring of Feather Falling

He has the use of a Light War Horse, pack saddle, large saddle bags, and a saddle blanket. After buying his gear for this adventure, he has 5 gold and 6 silver coins left. (to have enough gold, he was able to use a Fools' Gold illusion spell to have enough funds to buy everything.

For starting purpose, these are his abilities:

Known Languages: Gnome, Common, and Thieve's Cant

Infravision: 37 feet Detect Slope in Passage: 83% Detect Unsafe Walls, Ceilings, & Floors: 70% Determine Approximate Depth Underground: 66% Determine Approximate Direction Underground: 50%.

Thieving Abilities: Pick Pockets: 30% Open Locks: 45% Find & Remove Traps: 45% Move Silently: 30% Hide in Shadows: 25% Detect Noise: 40% Climb Walls: 60% Read Languages: 45%

He knows the following 2 first level spells: Cantrip (always), and Color Spray. The player of this character will need to choose 2 more first level and 2 second level spells. Also, due to being a speciallist, the player will get to choose 4 more illusion spells, but no more than two of these can be of 2nd level.
    Last edited by cplmac; 12-09-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Downloads
    Uploads
    Heya, I hope I am one of those in line.. Drop me a line with a time to be on, and we can talk about it

Sneaks
    A Rope IS too a weapon. Be Sneaky!
    I would ask a penny for my thoughts, but.... I don't have change...

Downloads
    Uploads

me to

Same here. Are these pregen characters what we are going to continue to use, or is this just a get your feet wet game, and roll new characters after?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneaksta View Post
    Heya, I hope I am one of those in line.. Drop me a line with a time to be on, and we can talk about it

Sneaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlesprock View Post
    Same here. Are these pregen characters what we are going to continue to use, or is this just a get your feet wet game, and roll new characters after?

Ok. Currently, Sneaksta is player # 1 and Frizzlesprock is player # 2. Yes, these are pregen characters that will be used to start with. However, if a character should happen to get killed, then the player will have to make a new PC. If you don't have the 2E PHB, I can help with making up a new character.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool. As I said, I'm down for a priest or cleric.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought those of us who'd already wanted in were first lol. I'm in as well. That thief illusionist is actually looking pretty interesting, but I'll wait to see the others and let those ahead of me choose before setting my heart on anybody.
    Masaru Academy, a roleplaying experience you'll never forget.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool, Lucian is now # 3. that will leave 3 characters left. With any luck, I will get a couple more posted on here tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok , I was given the options, and I choose Kersana, 4th level mage elf.

If nobody has any problems, I'll go with that.

Lucian, Have at the gnome I'm going to break from my norm and try a mage, since it has been oh so long since I have played 1

thanks
    A Rope IS too a weapon. Be Sneaky!
    I would ask a penny for my thoughts, but.... I don't have change...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol, I do like it, but that's actually my second choice out of options available, so if that's your preferred choice by all means feel fre Fizzle.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Astrid Fyn &Turakon Stroughbred (Cameron Gaunt)

Astrid Fyn is being played by

Astrid Fyn is a female Human. She is a level 3 cleric. Age: 22 Height: 5 feet, 8 inches Weight: 130 lbs. She has 24 hit points to start with. Her Thaco starts at 20 and has an Aromor Class of 3 and 3000 XP.

Strength: 15
    Costitution: 14
    Intelligence: 14
    Wisdom: 16
    Charisma: 13

Astrid has the following gear:

Backpack, Beltpouch, Chainmail, Shield, Quarterstaff, Flint & Steel, Scroll Case, Large Sack, 3 Torches, and a Wineskin.

She also has these magical items:

Footman's Mace +1, a Potion of Healing, and a Potion of Invisibility.

She has the use of a Light War Horse, Pack Saddle, Large Saddle Bags, and a Saddle Blanket. After being supplied with gear from the church, she was also given 7 gold and 1 silver coin

Her Turning Undead Abilities:

Skeleton: 4, Zombie: 7, Ghoul: 10, Shadow: 13, Wight: 16, Ghast: 19, Wraith: 20, Mummy: -, Spectre: -, Vampire: -, Ghost: -, Lich: -, Special: -.

The player of this character will need to choose 4 first level and 3 second level spells that Astrid will know.

She knows the Common Language.

--- Merged from Double Post ---
    Cameron Gaunt is being played by

Cameron Gaunt is a male Human. He is a 4th level Ranger. Age: 25 Height: 6 feet, 4 inches Weight: 162 lbs. He has 52 hit points to start. His Thaco starts at 17 and has Armor Class 2 and 9000 XP.

Strength: 16
    Dexterity: 16
    Constitution: 17
    Intelligence: 14
    Wisdom: 14
    Charisma: 12

Cameron has the following gear:

Backpack, Beltpouch, Chain mail, Shield, Composite Long Bow, Footman's Flail, Spear, Flint & Steel, Quiver, Large Sack, Whetstone, and a Wineskin.

He also has these magical items:

Longsword +1 and 20 Arrows +1

He has the use of a Light War Horse, Pack Saddle, Large Saddle Bags, and a Saddle Blanket. He also has 6 silver and 8 copper coins.

He knows the Common Language.

Turakon Stroughbred has decided to join the game. I am letting him use a ranger character that he had with modifications to fit into the game.
    Last edited by cplmac; 12-09-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have always wanted to play a game online using chat but have never found a place to do so. If you are still looking for players I will gladly join. I have played with 2nd edition rules for several years so I shouldn't be too much of a hinderance, lol. But seriously if you need players I want in. Just let me know what times you are looking to be playing. Hope to hear from you soon!
    P.S. I'll take the ranger if he is available.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Owen Glendower

Owen Glendower is being played by Froglegg.

Owen Glendower is a male Half-Elf. He is a 3rd level fighter / 3rd level cleric. Age: 24 Height: 6 feet Weight: 135 lbs. He has 30 hit points to start with. His Thaco starts at 18 and has an Armor Class of 2 and 4000 XP.

Strength: 16
    Constitution: 14
    Intelligence: 11
    Wisdom: 16
    Charisma: 13

Owen has the following gear:

Backpack, Beltpouch, Shield, Footman's Flail, Dagger, Short Bow, 12 Arrows, Scroll Case, Large Sack, Whetstone, and a Wineskin.

He also has these magical items:

Chain mail +1, Long Sword +1, and a Potion of Extra Healing

He has the use of a Light War Horse, Pack Saddle, Large Saddle Bags, and a Saddle Blanket. After being supplied with gear from the church, he was also given 7 silver and 6 copper coins.

His Turning Undead Abilities:

Skeleton: 4, Zombie: 7, Ghoul: 10, Shadow: 13, Wight: 16, Ghast: 19, Wraith: 20, Mummy: -, Spectre: -, Vampire: -, Ghost: -, Lich: -, Special: -.

The player of this character will need to choose 4 first level and 3 second level spells that Owen will know.

These are his other abilities:

Resist Sleep: 30%, Resist Charm: 30%, Has Infravision out to 51 feet, merely passing by a concealed door has a 17% chance to spot but if actively search has 33% chance, and knows both the Common and Elf Languages.
    Last edited by cplmac; 08-03-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i'll take Owen Glendower. What campaign setting is this in? I need to find out who I worship.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, looks like I'm playing the Gnome Thief/Illusionist. (Is it ok if I take the character and redesign the fluff, the character's personality, history, maybe maybe not gender, etc? Everything mechanical would stay.)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Figure Greyhawke as the setting. Also, the 6 characters actually know each other. This is because they have been gathered by Horsa Hengist to fulfill a "Debt of Honor" of his father's. This will be posted after I finish the remaining two characters. Also, Aeval is most likely interested in a character. I meant to put that up with my last post.

Lord psy105, you can now choose from the remaining 3 Charaters. Sorry about the wait, but I wanted to get the info for Horsa Hengist up for you to see in order to decide which character you want.
    Last edited by cplmac; 03-20-2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Add next player to choose a character

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast