Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Star Trek Movie

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Star Trek Movie

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Coming May 8th, 2009
    http://www.startrekmovie.com/

Kirk - Chris Pine
    Spock - Zachary Quinto (a.k.a. Sylar from Heroes)
    Scotty - Simon Pegg (a.k.a. Shaun from Shaun of the Dead)
    Bones - Karl Urban (a.k.a. Eomer from LOTR and Vaako from Chronicles of Riddick)
    Sulu - John Cho (a.k.a. Harold from the Harold and Kumar movies)
    Uhura - Zoe Saldana (a.k.a. Anamaria from Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl)
    Chekov - Anton Yelchin

And many, many more. I for one am excited to go see this, and I'm not usually a sci-fi person. I've seen all the star trek movies and loved the first two series. Liking Star Trek is something I picked up from my mother, oddly enough, since she is otherwise into typical female things (People magazine, make-up, Oprah, etc.). I don't think I'll be able to see this one with her, though, judging from the trailer. She doesn't like lots of crash-bang, action-packed, noisy movies.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will definitely go and see it. Perhaps it will inspire me to pull out my old FASA books and run a Star Trek: TOS game.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am looking forward to this movie. Since there is not a new Star Trek series on TV, I miss my fix. From the TV spots and such, it looks very intense. Though going to see it alone(since my wife is not a sci-fi fan) is always a bother, lol. Both of my boys( 9 and 6) are not ones to want to watch a whole movie, unless it has batman or a cartoon character in it.

In the words made famous by Boris (R.I.P) "I have a crazy plan!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will probably go see it. However, I think they should have changed the characters instead of just the actors. It may not have the same impact with the face changes.

We will see.
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Watching this thing once just ain't gonna cut it; I'm gonna have to own it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, maybe we can get a Dallas watching party together when this thing comes out. I'll mention it at our meet tonight
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area

Downloads
    Uploads
    My wife has even agreed to see this in the theater. She likes sci-fi, but hates going to movie theaters, so this is a definate win for me!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definite must-see, along with Wolverine, coming out about the same time.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yes both are a must see and own once they come to dvd.
    "Hey wich one of you punks stole Dr.Rockso's banana?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember when Star Trek something came out several months before Star Wars episode one. We went to see Star Trek solely for the purpose of seeing the Star Wars trailer. We were, like, 3rd or 4th in line and they had people dressed up as aliens and there was a radio station DJ and he came up to the front of the line.

My friend and I were the only ones not dressed up and the DJ asks something trivia about this new Star Trek movie and I answered that I didn't know I was only here for the Star Wars trailer. Nerds sure are a surley bunch but when you threaten 'em with violence they sure change their tune. Anyway, I didn't win anything and the trailer was great. Don't remember which Star Trek it was.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by InvestFDC View Post
    I remember when Star Trek something came out several months before Star Wars episode one. We went to see Star Trek solely for the purpose of seeing the Star Wars trailer. We were, like, 3rd or 4th in line and they had people dressed up as aliens and there was a radio station DJ and he came up to the front of the line.

My friend and I were the only ones not dressed up and the DJ asks something trivia about this new Star Trek movie and I answered that I didn't know I was only here for the Star Wars trailer. Nerds sure are a surley bunch but when you threaten 'em with violence they sure change their tune. Anyway, I didn't win anything and the trailer was great. Don't remember which Star Trek it was.
    I did something similar for Harry Potter. Don't remember what movie it was we saw, but we weren't really interested in it too much after we saw the trailer .

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll probably catch this one on cable. It looks exciting as all get-up but I'm going to be faced with being much more selective about my purchases in the near future which means this will probably get bumped way down the list. Wolverine too. Saw the trailer before Watchmen. Not entirely sure that I'm sold. It could be decent or it could be horrendously bad. Not enough in the trailer to fully tell.

The last decent Trek movie I saw was First Contact. That was a good one. The only Trek movie I ever actually owned.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We inherited the TNG on VHS from a friend when she went to Tiawan a few years back. I saw most of them when they were first broadcast but my daughter has watched every one, most several times.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GoddessGood View Post
    Hmm, maybe we can get a Dallas watching party together when this thing comes out. I'll mention it at our meet tonight

That would be pretty awesome. I do not get a chance to get out much and enjoying a movie with fellow sci-fi type/Rpg gamers would be a first for me. I normally see movies I want alone, or wait for DVD and watch alone, lol.

We need to make it a double show, so I can catch Watchmen too.

In the words made famous by Boris (R.I.P) "I have a crazy plan!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, we got the usual suspects to show ( thanks for coming, guys) and talked about doing it again. Hopefully we can get some more people to participate.

But, OT, the movie was great I couldn't give a rats behind about what they did to canon. I will say there was an epic amount of fanservice in this movie. And yet, as a fan, I'm strangely ok with that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast