Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Star Trek Movie

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Thought the movie was fantastic. They did a great job casting the actors, really reminds me of the chemistry of the Firefly crew.

Hope any/all sequels are equally as good!!

Greg
    Last edited by gregm; 05-20-2009 at 06:36 AM. Reason: turn off subscription

ronpyatt is offline Dallas Organizer & Admin Golden d20 Award
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great movie. Goodbye canon.

One of my first thoughts was, "How are they going to save the whales this time?"
    They will have no choice but to make more movies as the rest of them will never have happened.

My head is spinning at the changes, because nothing means anything anymore. It's all new and practically unknown.
    TNG, Q, Borg, DS9, Voyager, the entire Federation, and a Vulcan breeding program! Can you say Spock-Spock?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpyatt View Post
    a Vulcan breeding program! Can you say Spock-Spock?

This, imo, was the ultimate fanservice in that movie. Hawt vulcan-on-vulcan, "We must do this for the preservation of our race, it is only logical," fanpr0n shall now commence.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm of the opinion that canon is still there, otherwise where did Spock Prime come from? Canon makes plenty of allowances for alternate universes, from Mirror Mirror to Tasha Yar's daughter.

And hey, if you still want canon in the new 'verse, there's always Enterprise, right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved it; my wife is ecstatic about it; my father's words were, "They did it right!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    The original canon is still there! It's called rewatching the old shows/movies! And the only current way to follow the original timeline events is to read the comic Countdown, which came out just before this film and play Star Trek Online, set to come out in the near future. Both of which take place around 30 years post-Nemesis and both feature the same Starfleet uniforms, which are a revved up DS9/Voyager style.

That crazy looking ship Spock Prime flew through the temporal hole, for instance, was designed by Geordi LaForge himself!

So here's the deal: in the original timeline, Romulus is gone for good. In the new timeline, Vulcan is gone... making the space elf race a very rare breed.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Spock Prime? Isn't he the cloned Spock from the original cells of that dead Spock who left a copy of his mind flip-flopping in Bones until transferred into the new Spock body?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spock Prime? Isn't he the cloned Spock from the original cells of that dead Spock who left a copy of his mind flip-flopping in Bones until transferred into the new Spock body?

Yes. Your point? Or you just trying to keep track?

It occurs to me occasionally that I feel kind of glad that we don't live in the same sort of "Krazy Krap" universe as Star Trek. I'm really not sure I'd want the contents of my head swapped out for Capt. Logic's.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
    Yes. Your point? Or you just trying to keep track?
    Yes. It brought up the question of which Spock would be the original, verifying context, timeline, alternate reality, and/or just canon, where prime indicates the point of reference. I don't remember if there were any other timeline alterations prior to this major change in the timeline that might make this old Spock technically not prime in that regard. Between TOS, TNG, Voyager, DS9, and all the movies, I'm trying to place which versions might crop up in the timeline / cloneline of canon if any.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. It brought up the question of which Spock would be the original, verifying context, timeline, alternate reality, and/or just canon, where prime indicates the point of reference. I don't remember if there were any other timeline alterations prior to this major change in the timeline that might make this old Spock technically not prime in that regard. Between TOS, TNG, Voyager, DS9, and all the movies, I'm trying to place which versions might crop up in the timeline / cloneline of canon if any.
    My only mention of it in my post was that of humor. I had no idea that name was actually used in previous tv/movie stories. I used it in my post to differentiate Nimoy Spock from Sylar Spock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12