Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: RttToH: Chapter Four: From the Tomb, Into Shadow. (Game thread, ICC)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    welcome back, sorry to hear about your previous modem. what do you think about the rest of the stuff discussed between the divination mention and now?

oh, and do you know how to use the multi-quote? makes it real easy to respond to lots of things at once. and keep track of it all. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads

Comment from the DM

Mato and I talked the other day, and I explained that A) Divination requires that you state a course of action; B) he needs to be the one to actually say "I'm casting Divination and phrasing my question like this"; and C) Commune might be worth considering as well. Mato, as soon as you actually say "My character is casting a spell and here's what I'm asking about", I will give you answers. Also, we're waiting on your commentary about other things.

Downloads
    Uploads

action

Solena: casting divination "where shall we go to find adventure"

Downloads
    Uploads

The reply to your divination

"Bear the least of Acererak's form, and you can pass through the face of the fiend to the City that Waits. There you must find passage to the Fortress of Conclusion, where you must face the true Acererak!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, we get Gunther the headband. Hopefully he'll be able to make some decisions about what equipment he'll want. We'll coach him as needed about quality and usability. If he has any questions or wants adjustments, you can ask me and i'll give the 'party' response, if you want to. I imagine that he'll still be focused on removing the 'real lich' as a goal, and now that we've witnessed some of the powers, even if second hand via the pseudo-lich, a bit of looking into how to protect one from that is in order. How does the Gunther's outlook change, if at all, from his altered intellect?

Pook will continue to alter the landscape towards a more natural, if 'cultured garden' state, using elementals and treants as needed. He's not quite expecting word from the Verdant Grove yet, it's rather soon despite the urgency and nature of his report, but he will keep a sharp eye out. He is concerned that if this... being... is not dealt with, that it will continue to reach out to the prime material plane and corrupt, if not this place again, then some other place. He is contemplating the possibility that he might have to attend to this personally with mingled distaste, sadness, and trepidation.

Path continues his mental conversations and debates with Prii, and as he has sufficient discipline to work while he thinks, everyone else is likely oblivious to his preoccupation. I'm not sure how much the others would try to include Prii in conversation and decisions, but she tends to remain silent unless addressed. Sometimes even then. One might have to verbally or mentally poke her a few times to get her attention. She is so used to silence that she is still grappling with being a known figure again.

{{{which reminds me, i've been meaning to ask you, how would the quintessence interact with true seeing? after all, her body is layered with two applications of the stuff, not to mention the other effects currently in stasis... or would the true seeing have revealed the form of her spirit? }}}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads

Grunther is ready; also True Seeing. Let's go!

OK, Grunther has bought a +4 Circlet of Intellect and enjoys his new (relative) genius. (His Int is now 10.) He has also had his armor enchanted and bought the usual buffs (Cloak of Resistance, etc.).

Unless I see something to the contrary, I don't see why quintessence would interfere with True Seeing.

So: You've cast your divination; characters are ready to go. What next? Let's go! We have an adventure to play!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    {{{ i was just thinking of how true seeing relies on a form of vision... and how quintessence is a timestop effect where inside the quintessence time does not progress, and would any "vision" related effect penetrate? i realize that true seeing is not strictly vision in and of itself, just wondering about it, and haven't bothered to do the research on it myself yet. ^^ }}}

Downloads
    Uploads

More about quintessence and True Seeing, also Grunther

Well, the time-dilation effect of quintessence is the sort of thing that TS is designed to see through. In general, TS is a powerful spell; unless there is some sort of specific indication of something blocking TS, I would tend to say quintessence wouldn't block it.

Also: His name is Grunther, not Gunther.

Let's go!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    {{{sorry, dropped the 'r'. i need to finish up pook, in case that is needed. }}}

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jackson and Solenal are searching around town for anyone who has heard of Acererak. [since they haven't actually met the group yet. once introductions and background are made i will have some commune questions but will wait till they actually know....]
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    ok i replaced the extra turning with that divine shield good call Midnighht, and corrected rapid turning to quickened turning...had name wrong sorry.

i agree with the equiping and all, i think we shouldn't forget cold gear....something i hope the party will pass on once solena and jackson are along.
    Last edited by matosapanajin; 08-31-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If by 'town' you mean the town right next to the tomb, then by approaching it directly you will have attracted the attention of numerous animals, who look at you for a short time and then take off running or flying. Before you are able to reach the town proper you would be met by a treant who steps out from some surrounding trees.

He holds up his hands, palm out in a peaceful gesture, studies you for a bit and then says, "Greetings, travelers. Where away you this fine day?" Oddly, there is a ring of some kind with a smooth round green stone and a small clip attached piercing the woody skin on one side of the head, roughly where an ear would be on a humanoid.

{{{If you didn't mean this town, then please disregard. =D }}}
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-31-2009 at 11:34 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

The meeting of the groups

I'm thinking something along these lines. Mato, Solenal (the Radiant Servant, correct?) cast some divinations that warned of the rise of a horrible undead being named Acererak. (Pelor HATES undead, of course.) You did some research and found out that he was a half-fiend wizard from centuries ago, and that he had a famous Tomb in this area. You were told to look for allies; these allies had defeated the Tomb but not Acererak himself, and would need help for the next stage. You made your way to the rumored location of the Tomb, and here you are.

Sounds good?

Oh yes: You cast the divination, as specified previously, concerning the City That Waits and so forth.

Downloads
    Uploads

pok encounter

Solena responds "My companion and I are looking for allies in defeating an undead abomination named Acererak"

Jackson adds "can you direct us to the undead?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "There's not many left here, for they've been scattered from this place... or crushed. Your timing is quite interesting, and betokens a story. May I ask what has caused you to come to this place, at this time?"
    Last edited by nijineko; 09-10-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Solena: The brilliant Pelor has shone us the way to rid the world of the cursed undead, he told me we would find allies to defeat Acererak

Jackson: I am just with her (grins slyly as he points over his sholder to Solena

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast