Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A-Kon

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

A-Kon

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This may be a little bit early, but I'm curious. Who is planning on going to A-Kon this year? I couldn't make it the last two years, so this'd be the first time I'll be going.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Downloads
    Uploads
    This will be the first year for a while I won't be there. Thank goodness. But then, the past couple years I've been there I've been sitting behind a table in the dealer's room, and haven't been getting much money out of the deal.

If I do go though, I'll be happy to be able to get to the viewing rooms again. Being trapped behind a table isn't much fun, and I like the free anime samples.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be attending Akon and will be helping host a Vampire the Eternal Struggle CCG tournament. My play group will also be hosting a draft and possibly a storyline event as well during the convention.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love conventions, but where is this A-Kon?
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dallas, Adam's Mark Hotel (or did they rename the hotel last year?), around the beginning of June.

Yeah, I'm lazy, I don't spend the twenty seconds checking Google to be certain... >.>

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah yes, I remember someone sending me a notice about that a couple months ago, with all the details. I'll have to dig up that link again. Thanx!
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whoa, short notice and all, but A Kon is this weekend! Anybody planning on going? I may try to make it on sunday.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area

ronpyatt is offline Dallas Organizer & Admin Golden d20 Award
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd really like to go, but I'm not sure my schedule will allow for it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The con is at the Sheraton in downtown Dallas, for those who are interested. It's near the Pearl station on the red/blue lines for DART. All day pass is $3 on the DART, which is less than fees for parking downtown and the gas it'll take you to drive there and back (and look for parking).

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure my gaming buddy that moved back to Texas is both aware and attending this Con. I, on the other hand, will most likely attend next year seeing as how i may have moved to Texas by this time. Any links on said Con someone would share?
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://a-kon.com/ is the one I'm aware of. This'll be my first major con attendance. I wish I could go more than for a few hours on sunday

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys have alot of great Cons in Texas: http://www.fencon.org/calendar.html

If and when i move there, i will be making efforts to attend listed Cons.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When are you planning on moving?

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessGood View Post
    When are you planning on moving?
    Well, remember this thread: Who was your first love, and when?

If everything goes well, I'll be moving to Texas within the next 12 months(probably, more like 6 mos) to be with my first love. Actually, we were each others first love. Very cool.

This move would also put me within 2 hours from family. Also, very cool.

Kinda living a fantasy right now, so bear with me. It was simply a matter of the right person/wrong time. Now things have changed, now its right person/right time.

I should write a book on this. The story is worthy of a movie.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 05-28-2009 at 03:09 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would love to be there myself, but without a regular job (still), my finances won't allow it. Sheesh, hain't been to one in a while, really miss the crowds and games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast