Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
A couple of questions
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: A couple of questions

Downloads
    Uploads

A couple of questions

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    2 separate questions:

Is the feat Toughness retroactive? By taking it at a higher level do you get all the hitpoints from previous levels.

And would Hyperdriven work on board a space station? At least I think it is Hyperdriven, the scoundrel talent that lets you add your level to skill checks and attack rolls. COuld a scoundrel use this talent while on board a space station like Citadel Station on Telos or The Death Star?

Thanks
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    By all previous readings and conversations on the subject of Toughness...yes. Toughness is retroactive. Essentially what the feat is saying is thus: For each character level that you have, your total hit points are increased by 1.

By technical definition, the talent uses the term "starship" as a qualifier. I would say that this implies the exclusion of space stations and other any other construct not defined as such.

However, by logical extension, there is little difference between fighting aboard a Star Destroyer (a, admittedly large, starship) and fighting aboard the Death Star in an "environmental familiarity" sense. Thus, I would rule that Hyperdriven works "while aboard any space-bound vessel or facility".
    Last edited by Webhead; 02-11-2009 at 02:17 PM.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Webhead pretty much covered it already.

As read, Toughness grants "+1 hit point per character level." So a 10th level character who takes toughness is going to get +10 hit points right off the bat, +1 at each additional level.

The question about Hyperdriven is somewhat less clear cut. Still, I'd allow the talents to work aboard space stations and the like, seeing as they are really just very large starships.

Gary