Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Selling and Trading? - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Selling and Trading?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I would go for it, too, Farcaster. And, Kirk, I think you can can that armadillo. I hear it tastes like chicken.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrken View Post
    If I was shipping small painted minis, that would be ok, IF someone would "volunteer for that position (can't see anyone volunteering for this kind of abuse). But, for a box with the terrain I make the shipping costs can be a bit steep. Paying that twice sort of takes the incentive out of buying it or selling it.

I see yer point. However, how about if the Middleman just recieves the Money order or somethin, then notifies the perp with the goods to ship, the paying perp recieves the goods, then the Middleman remails the MO to the right perp? just a thought. no MO to MM, no shippie. just like an Escrow. recieve and hold the money till the goods are recieved. Just got to find and pick the trusty Middleman for the job... Hmm, all those money orders coming in.... Maybe i will volunteer for the job.. lol

In the case of the bigger items, like terrains especially, this might be the best way to go.

Or there is always paypal. at least there, if ya get stiffed, paypal will go after the non shipper. may take awhile, but they usually do get resolved somehow....
    A Rope IS too a weapon. Be Sneaky!
    I would ask a penny for my thoughts, but.... I don't have change...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, even given the time, I wouldn't want to be in the middle of the kinds of disputes that could up from being the middle-man. I would recommend using PayPal, since you can dispute a payment when you don't receive a shipment you were promised.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even with Delivery Conformation some people swear they never got the piece. Ever have to pay someone to steal something that cost/took you a week or two salary/work? Gut retching.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrken View Post
    Even with Delivery Conformation some people swear they never got the piece. Ever have to pay someone to steal something that cost/took you a week or two salary/work? Gut retching.

I se I see. But, using delivery confirmation, with a returned signiature card, may make some sense.... especially if it is , say, must be a certain person that signs......

Just another 2 cents....
    A Rope IS too a weapon. Be Sneaky!
    I would ask a penny for my thoughts, but.... I don't have change...

Downloads
    Uploads
    .... which is why E-bay exists. Let the pros handle the crapsters. This is a site for finding FUN, not heartache.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Besides, try FINDING certain items you might want or collect. Even on E-bay that is difficult, and I have tried that.
    Last edited by spotlight; 02-14-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123