Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Metatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Metatalk

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Here is the thread I want to devote to out of character discussions. We can discuss anything about the story here. I "run" the game but we are equals when it comes to the narration, or at least I'd like it to be this way. So if you're looking for a button to push for "more intrigue", "more action", "more details" or "let's move forward already" just express your desire in this thread. If we disagree about the shape of the story we want to tell as a multiheaded author, we can settle it here.

We can deal with rules Q&A here too. Meaning if you're not sure how far you can push your prerogatives in term of narrative control, or what your character can achieve/know, just ask.
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so are you using the expansion book for this campaign? just curious. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean Shadow Knight I guess ? Not really. I mean I offered options for the broken pattern and chaos shadow crafting which are covered by that book but I differ from it. Other stuff like constructs could have some use. Anyway I always considered it more like a guide to how to expand the game with custom concepts or an eye opener on different styles of campaigns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A tip to any future players with little "Amber, the books" experience. In the 4th book, The Hand of Oberon there is a pretty good synopsis of what has happened so far. (ie. the other 3 books)

That said, they are all well worth the read, it'll just help figure out quickly how the Amberites behave and the relationship to the Pattern and Chaos.

Of course there are still 6 more books beyond that so.....
    Last edited by amardolem; 02-23-2009 at 04:51 PM. Reason: spelling and grammmar

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah the recapitulation in The Hand of Oberon is a bit of a drag for me. I mean even the first time I read the cycle I wasn't confused by the story plots, so I didn't feel the need for it. But you're right it's a nice synopsis of the build up of the Patternfall War.

Mirina just sent me a private message saying she's still in ! Youpi I'll help her with her character and we should get things going soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well as I read that sporadically, it actually helped, but as you say for fans it wasn't necessary.

I'm coagulating stuff and I'm always in (I hate quitting)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good ! Then go and post the description of the trump of Ghraele in the prologue thread please (He might look different now since the trump was painted a long time ago, that's up to you)
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Oh and another thing ; why don't you guys tell me what is your favorite scene(s) in the books of Amber ? It would help me get a picture what type of situations/flavor you're looking for inside the game.
    Last edited by boulet; 02-23-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Downloads
    Uploads

Never read the books but...

I love the gaming system. How are you going to work the auction mechanic in play by post? If it's not too late and you think I could manage without having read the books I'd like to give it a go. Of course if you'll be picking up another round when you're done with this then I'll have time to digest the original material.

Downloads
    Uploads
    we had abandoned the auction as there was just 2 of us left so we were going to go on pure rp...Join up!

it will be a grand experiment!

but really< in 'Hand of Oberon' [the 4th book] there is a synopsis of what has happened before...ie the relationship and political machinations of the Princes of Amber (who you'd be playing either one of, or a son, daughter, or relation of-generally.)

But I'll let the GM fill you in
    Last edited by amardolem; 03-07-2009 at 07:54 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any change in status for this game? I'm still interested if anyone else might be?