Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential Venues to Promote Pen & Paper Games?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Potential Venues to Promote Pen & Paper Games?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    With a potential target audience that spans across the country and the globe, its hard to figure out what all the best venues are for promoting the site. Many of you who have come here have come by the very successful invitations posted on Wizards of the Coast or Meetup.com. We've also gotten the word out at places like rpg.net, enworld.org, sjgames.com, Spycraft Games, Heroes Unlimited, and a few others. Still, there is a vast network left untapped where we could potentially be getting the word out. If you know of a particular venue that would be good for us to reach out to, I'd love to hear about it.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you looked into Google Ad-words?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for the intrusion, but the great white games/pinnacle entertainment group boards might draw in an audience that is as of yet untapped. Their section for meeting people is remarkably lacking and they might appreciate a site like this. I can not promise that it would bring a large audience, but it is a possibility. I know I am not vocal on these boards and you have no reason to take my suggestion, but it is an idea.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. Although, I am not talking about advertising aggregates. I'm looking for sites and places roleplayers congregate that we can get the word out at.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been spelunking around a bunch of forums lately; White Wolfs WoD boards, Eden studios forums, Dark conspiracy forums, and some other random sites. So, anyway I was just browsing away trying to build a better knowledge base of these things and I thought I should make some accounts to start dropping the PNPgames sig around the places. I have yet to start my assault, because I didn't want to seem like a complete spammer...

Basically any game system/rpg with a site might be a good place to start, not unlike the link at Wizards. In a Mutants and Masterminds thread here, I also suggested a little covert name dropping on their forums.

Is that the type of thing you were thinking about?
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it is likely that word of mouth will be the primary method.... of course, that can be text nowadays as well. it would be wise to target those who have circles of influence and could draw a group of interest related people in all at once.

i feel that advertising the geographic locator is a solid way to go. especially to those who do not have a group yet. after all, poking around on meetup.com reveals that there are at least 40-50 people who are groupless and looking for game, just in the tallahassee area, where i am. if i were to form a group there (likely won't due to cost) even just for one month, that way i could bulk email them a link to pen and paper games and a desc of the geolocator. getting an idea of where people are, is alluring. this might work on an area-by-area basis, and hopefully those people would also spread the word.

i suppose you could be a bit blatant about it. you could require, or offer, sending an email to x number of friends before your submission to join here is complete. some people might be put off if it was a requirement, but i'm just brainstorming here.

or perhaps we who are already members could submit some emails to farcaster, and then an email describing the benefits of membership here and the geolocator could be sent to those people, and also request two or more friends from them who would be interested. this could be done by submitting a list of emails to farcaster, or by using a form to auto-send, or by just copying a post to our email and sending it ourselves.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most people would probably just delete unsolicited email as spam I fear.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good point. then having the email come from friends would be important.

also, it might be a good idea to incorporate a tracking element in links from sigs and so forth. would help track who is generating the most results, then we could have brainstorming sessions about what people are doing right.
    Last edited by nijineko; 02-16-2008 at 12:27 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, I am pretty new to the online community for role players, and was lucky enough to stumble on it at the Wizards site. Are there review sites spefically for D&D/RP related material (similar to what there is for console/computer gaming)?

They might be a good source, if you could have them review this site as a tool. The matchmaking capability of this of the player registry is unmatched, so there would no doubt be a positive review.

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking that if a local Gaming/Hobby store would be willing to, maybe there could be a link put onto their web site. Of course, we would all have to supply Farcaster with the web site so that he could contact them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    I was thinking that if a local Gaming/Hobby store would be willing to, maybe there could be a link put onto their web site. Of course, we would all have to supply Farcaster with the web site so that he could contact them.
    Makes sense to me. Just have to find this damn store
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even better, a chain.

In the South/West DC area Game Parlor is king. They've got two locations that are pretty popular with local gamers:

http://www.gameparlor.com/

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so... just playing around with a banner i tossed together this morning. opinions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice, Nijineko!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that is actually my first ever banner. never made one before. just tossed a few things together and did some touch-up and special effects. i can come up with more. just need raw materials to work with. i'm great at modifying existing stuff, slower at creating from scratch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast