Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Splintered Megalopolis

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Splintered Megalopolis

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Veraan Xuun: you have recently traveled to the city of Sanctuary located on the edge of the shattered city. You did this because the previous village you resided in found out about your profession. You were forced to flee in the night when a crowd of angry villagers with torches and pitch forks tried to storm the "Silver Ore", an inn where you were staying.

You knew when you decided to become a warlock that people would view you with suspicion. Even though you didn't pact with the infernals, everyone that meets you and sees your powers assumes you have made a deal with the dark ones. For the most part you try not to incite riots when you can. Sometimes though it is unavoidable.

Veraan Xuun, you think that maybe if you were in a larger city, you could remain annonomous, or better yet find some people that might understand why you became a warlock in the first place.

Upon entering the city gates you immediately see that the gate guards are dragonborn. You have heard that they are common here.

As you set off to explore the new town a worried looking dragonborn slams into your side knocking you off balance. His heavy armor is cold to the touch and there is an emblem of a shield in the center, you smell fear coming off of him in waves. He stops and says:

Are you all right? I meant no offense. My mind was occupied with other matters.

You sense that the dragonborn is very worried.

(OOC: passive insight check allows you to know extra information)
    The dragonborn looks panicked and desperate.
    What do you do?

Doromii: You have lived within the safe walls of Sanctuary all of your life. Your family traveled here when foul creatures overran your woodland. Due to misfortune your family is gone now, and you have been left alone to fend for yourself. You know the ways of the streets and how to get something for nothing. You know of the different groups in Sanctuary vying for power. As of yet you have escaped the notice of all of them.

You have been following an odd looking half-elf, thinking he might lead you to some fame and fortune or maybe just a little money when an important looking dragonborn runs into him accidentally. They stop and appear to be conversing. This is your opportunity to act!

What do you do?

(unknown Artificer): You have traveled to Sanctuary looking for the opportunity to test your powers, and to find out more about the ancient Artificers that were able to imbue entire buildings with power.

When you introduced yourself and gave your profession at the city gate, they requested that you meet someone called Hanbrig. They told you the place he frequents, and they said he might have some work for you. Out of curiousity you decide to just "see" what they want. You go to the place, but no one is there. As you leave you see a dragonborn that matches the description that you were given standing and talking with a half-elf. You also notice that an elf is watching both of them.

What do you do?
    Last edited by lokiare1; 12-27-2008 at 12:01 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Doromii's Action

Doromii sees the dragonborn talking to his mark, and gets curious. He decides to get closer, to overhear their conversation.

* Being Sneaky *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    12-27-2008 12:12 PM
    Being Sneaky: 1d20 (18) + 9 (9) = 27
    "When all is said and done, you have two basic choices: do what's crazy, or do what's smart. And people of character do not stick with one such choice, but make the choice that is best for the situation" Myself
    Doromii

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doromii: Neither of them notice as you approach. You glance at the wares of a street vendor, some useless trinkets, as you listen closely to their conversation. (OOC: make an insight check)

Downloads
    Uploads
    * Insight check *

12-27-2008 12:27 PM
    Insight check: 1d20 (7) + 1 (1) = 8
    "When all is said and done, you have two basic choices: do what's crazy, or do what's smart. And people of character do not stick with one such choice, but make the choice that is best for the situation" Myself
    Doromii

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guile walks over to the three, keeping his eyes on the elf, who Guile feels to be out of place.
    * Insight *

OOC: Please ignore that first roll.

Last edited by darthseb; 12-27-2008 at 02:28 PM.

12-27-2008 02:24 PM
    17+5: 1d20 (19)
    12-27-2008 02:26 PM
    darthseb rolls some dice: 1d20 (7) + 5 (5) = 12

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Guile recognizes that the dragonborn is afraid, and to the point of panicking. He is looking around desperately.

(OOC: Make streetwise checks to see if you recognize the dragonborn everyone)

He spots Guile and sees that he has various viles and containers of powders and liquids. The dragonborn turns and says:

Sir, would you happen to be a progenitor of the magical arts? If you are, would you be so kind as to hear a proposition I have for you? You see there is someone that has been falsely accused. I have had no choice but to have him imprisoned to keep the other defenders from taking vengeance on him. Though he is human he has proven himself honorable. I know this man personally and I know he would not do what he is accused of.

They say he went on a rampage and vandalized the city. They say he painted obscene things on buildings and walls of Sanctuary. The defenders are out for blood. Whoever did this knew it would be like a slap in the face to those that put their lives on the line to defend this place.

I hold a position of great respect here, so I can reward you well if you can clear his name.

He looks at Guile expectantly, with a hopeful expression.

Downloads
    Uploads
    * Streetwise *

Guile pauses for a moment. "Hm... Vandalism and obscenities, you say? Well, no living creature ought to pay for a crime 'til there's proof. Calm yourself, you have my services." Guile laughs. "..Unless you expect me to paint."

12-27-2008 06:01 PM
    Streetwise: 1d20 (12) + 1 (1) = 13

Downloads
    Uploads
    * Streetwise *

(OOC: If Doromii was close enough to hear all that) Doromii is intrigued, and decides, if his mark offers assistance, he will too.

12-27-2008 06:25 PM
    Streetwise: 1d20 (13) + 2 (2) = 15
    Doromii

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Dragonborn looks relieved, and says:

I don't have the time to attend to this matter personally, and everyone here knows me, so I cannot properly investigate this. The person that is in trouble is Cerin, and he is a Knight of the white cloud.

The Knights of the white cloud are the humblest members of the Knights of the Heavens. The Knights of the Heavens are an honorable group, though they have many regulations that make their order confusing at times. I much prefer to just do the honorable thing and not worry too much about specific traditions.

The last place he was seen by a witness that I consider reliable would be at the Staggering Knight, a tavern not too far from Cerin's home.

The problem with this crime was that too many people saw him do it. I think he may have been drugged, or manipulated mystically. I know not by who, but there are many that would see the Knights of the Heaven's suffer.

The only thing I know for sure is that Cerin WOULD NOT do anything of this nature. He is one of the most honorable humans I know of. He is being held in the Defender Prison in the south of the Sanctuary.

The dragonborn looks at everyone expectantly.

--- Merged from Double Post ---
    Nobody: as you are walking the streets of Sanctuary you overhear something a dragonborn is saying:

...great respect here, so I can reward you well if...

You pause in your wanderings to listen to what is being said.

Everyone else: A human that happened to be walking by has paused and is taking an interest in the conversation.
    Last edited by lokiare1; 12-27-2008 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guile raises a single index finger, and inquires, "Hanbrig, if I may so casually refer to you, do you believe Cerin is even now under manipulation?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He raises a scaly eye-ridge, and puts his hand under his chin, he looks away for a moment lost in thought. When his eyes refocus on you he says:

I don't believe so. He seemed not to know of anything that happened. Of course I can't be sure as I'm not a wizard and know little of such things. I prefer to face an enemy on the battlefield and stare them in the eyes. In any event I am already late. There are matters I must attend to.

With that he bids farewell and walks away.

Downloads
    Uploads
    (My apologies for being absent thus far)

Veraan is quite surprised the Dragonborn is as panicked as he is; Dragonborns are known for being cool-headed, courageous creatures. Whatever is bothering this one must be serious. Veraan stands back and absorbs the story that is unfolding.

After hearing the Dragonborn's story and the conversation that unfolded with the other individuals around him, Veraan understands what the Dragonborn speaks of. It wasn't too long ago that he, too, was accused of deeds that he did not do. Veraan feels that this Cerin individual needs some assistance.

"I will do what I can to assist this Cerin you speak of. Maybe my knowledge of the art of magic can be of some help."

It seems there are others that are interested as well. Who else would come to assist Cerin?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doromii nods to himself. He thinks, This fellow is a man of character. I'm sure he will lead me to glory.

He steps forward, and says, Good sirs, I believe I might be of service as well. I am Doromii, skilled in the shadow-craft, and local of Sanctuary.
    Doromii

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guile grins as he looks at the others who listened to Hanbrig.

"Seems like the first order of business, gathering a few extra hands, is already taken care of."

Guile thinks for a moment, twirling his beard, then chuckles nervously. 'Few extra hands?' Smooth, Guile.

"Uh.. Perhaps I should rephrase?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Veraan didn't want to tell the individuals too much about himself. He doesn't know how to trust yet.

"My name is Veraan Xuun. I am a Half-Elf from, well... all over really, versed quite well in the art of magic. Perhaps my knowledge will be useful in this task."

The other individuals seemed like a seasoned lot. Not that Veraan was seasoned himself, but he's had his good days. He's always learning.....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast