Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
How cold is it where you live?
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How cold is it where you live?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

How cold is it where you live?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Another question for you to think about and weigh in on.

Yesterday I asked a question here and one person was saying how cold it was in Washington state and a member from Pennsylvania noted how cold it has been there. Well, I know how blasted cold it gets in PA, but it kind of surprised me that Washington was cold. I live in Colorado where we get mostly mild weather all year long and we have broke the record for cold twice here this week and tied the record another day. It has been below zero much of the week and we are getting ready for another Arctic blast on Saturday.

So, how cold is or has it got where you live. -19 here in the Denver area.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its 78 here in wonderful Orlando Florida.
    Running: 2e DnD Forgotten Realms

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's 39 degrees with 100% humidity in So. Cal. This was at 6:52am.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, yesterday the roads iced over, but I still managed to come in to work. It was 24 most of the day and finally warmed up to 31. It was a toasty 37 this morning, though
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I chipped a tooth on my coffee this morning, if that counts.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it was -19 a couple of days ago at Denver International Airport but it was 20* this morning. I'm hoping enough ice is gone today from the side roads that I'll be able to take the motorcycle to work again. Riding in this cage is driving me insane

Carl
    GMing: Shadowrun 4th
    The Denver RPG Group - My Shadowrun Site - My Shadowrun Blog - Shadowrun Mooks
    I also administer the Mosaic and Stained Glass forums if you happen to be artistic

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, yes, winter coming.

It's a cold as it's going to be. Wear my boots and coat today. When you Live in Michigan it gets cold, then it gets hot and humid, when it's not cold.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my last meeting, we determined that the local Farenheit temperature in Seattle (20 or so) was pretty close to the Celsius temperature of where one of our remote workers was videoconferencing in from (Charlotte, NC)...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by raven21 View Post
    Its 78 here in wonderful Orlando Florida.
    Ah, the joys of riding my Harley during the winter. It's 77 right now in St. Petersburg!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    We got a nice 34 degrees in Portland which is pretty mild for this former Ohioan.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's 37 degrees with 100% humidity in So. Cal. Seeing some snow flurries at the moment, nothing sticking though. This was at 1:42pm.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Annotated Thermometer
    Original Author Unknown
    Embellished by Many

140 F.
    (60 C.) Cockroaches display their evolutionary superiority over man.

120 F.
    (48.9 C.) You arrive in Death Valley for your two week camping trip. Cool day in Hell.

110 F. (43.3 C.) Too hot to think. Canadians evaporate.

100 F. (37.8 C.) Arizonans turn on their swamp coolers. Eggs cook on sidewalks.

90 F. (32.2 C.) Californians turn on their air conditioners (except in San Francisco, where no one installs them). Wisconsinites head for the north woods.

80 F.
    (26.7 C.) Californians go swimming. Minnesotans turn on their fans.

70 F.
    (21.1 C.) Lower end of comfort zone for Sun Belt Denizens. Canadians consider joining nudist colonies. Cat only comes in for food.

60 F.
    (15.6 C.) Californians put on sweaters (if they can find one in their wardrobe).

50 F. (10.0 C.) Miami residents turn on the heat. Wisconsinites plant gardens.

40 F. (4.4 C.) You can see your breath. Californians shiver uncontrollably. Minnesotans go swimming.

35 F.
    (1.7 C.) Italian cars don't start.

32 F.
    (0 C.) Water freezes. San Franciscans speak of L.A. favorably.

30 F.
    (-1.1 C.) You plan your vacation to Australia. Minnesotans put on T-shirts. Politicians begin to worry about the homeless. British cars don't start.

25 F.
    (-3.9 C.) Boston water freezes. Californians weep pitiably. Minnesotans eat ice cream. Canadians go swimming.

20 F.
    (-6.7 C.) You can hear your breath. Politicians begin to talk about the homeless. New York City water freezes. Miami residents plan vacation further South.

15 F.
    (-9.4 C.) French cars don't start. You plan a vacation in Mexico. Cat insists on sleeping in your bed with you.

10 F.
    (-12.2 C.) Too cold to ski. You need jumper cables to get the car going.

5 F. (-15 C.) You plan your vacation in Houston. American cars don't start.

0 F. (-17.8 C.) Alaskans put on T-shirts. Too cold to skate.

-10 F.
    (-23.3 C.) German cars don't start. Eyes freeze shut when you blink.

-15 F. (-26.1 C.) You can cut your breath and use it to build an igloo. Arkansans stick tongue on metal objects. New York landlords turn on heat. Miami residents cease to exist.

-20 F. (-28.9 C.) Cat insists on sleeping in your pajamas with you. Politicians actually do something about the homeless. Minnesotans shovel snow off their roofs. Japanese cars don't start.

-25 F. (-31.7 C.) Too cold to think. You need jumper cables to get the driver going.

-30 F.
    (-34.4 C.) You plan a two week hot bath. The Mighty Monongahela freezes. Swedish cars don't start.

-40 F.
    (-40 C.) Californians disappear. Minnesotans button top button. Canadians put on sweaters. Your car helps you plan your trip South.

-50 F. (-45.6 C.) Congressional hot air freezes. The Green Bay Packers practice indoors. Alaskans close the bathroom window.

-80 F. (-62.2 C.) Hell freezes over. Polar bears move south. Minnesotans look toward Wisconsin, thinking it MUST be warmer.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tesral View Post
    Original Author Unknown
    Embellished by Many

140 F.
    (60 C.) Cockroaches display their evolutionary superiority over man.

120 F.
    (48.9 C.) You arrive in Death Valley for your two week camping trip. Cool day in Hell.

110 F. (43.3 C.) Too hot to think. Canadians evaporate.

100 F. (37.8 C.) Arizonans turn on their swamp coolers. Eggs cook on sidewalks.

90 F. (32.2 C.) Californians turn on their air conditioners (except in San Francisco, where no one installs them). Wisconsinites head for the north woods.

80 F.
    (26.7 C.) Californians go swimming. Minnesotans turn on their fans.

70 F.
    (21.1 C.) Lower end of comfort zone for Sun Belt Denizens. Canadians consider joining nudist colonies. Cat only comes in for food.

60 F.
    (15.6 C.) Californians put on sweaters (if they can find one in their wardrobe).

50 F. (10.0 C.) Miami residents turn on the heat. Wisconsinites plant gardens.

40 F. (4.4 C.) You can see your breath. Californians shiver uncontrollably. Minnesotans go swimming.

35 F.
    (1.7 C.) Italian cars don't start.

32 F.
    (0 C.) Water freezes. San Franciscans speak of L.A. favorably.

30 F.
    (-1.1 C.) You plan your vacation to Australia. Minnesotans put on T-shirts. Politicians begin to worry about the homeless. British cars don't start.

25 F.
    (-3.9 C.) Boston water freezes. Californians weep pitiably. Minnesotans eat ice cream. Canadians go swimming.

20 F.
    (-6.7 C.) You can hear your breath. Politicians begin to talk about the homeless. New York City water freezes. Miami residents plan vacation further South.

15 F.
    (-9.4 C.) French cars don't start. You plan a vacation in Mexico. Cat insists on sleeping in your bed with you.

10 F.
    (-12.2 C.) Too cold to ski. You need jumper cables to get the car going.

5 F. (-15 C.) You plan your vacation in Houston. American cars don't start.

0 F. (-17.8 C.) Alaskans put on T-shirts. Too cold to skate.

-10 F.
    (-23.3 C.) German cars don't start. Eyes freeze shut when you blink.

-15 F. (-26.1 C.) You can cut your breath and use it to build an igloo. Arkansans stick tongue on metal objects. New York landlords turn on heat. Miami residents cease to exist.

-20 F. (-28.9 C.) Cat insists on sleeping in your pajamas with you. Politicians actually do something about the homeless. Minnesotans shovel snow off their roofs. Japanese cars don't start.

-25 F. (-31.7 C.) Too cold to think. You need jumper cables to get the driver going.

-30 F.
    (-34.4 C.) You plan a two week hot bath. The Mighty Monongahela freezes. Swedish cars don't start.

-40 F.
    (-40 C.) Californians disappear. Minnesotans button top button. Canadians put on sweaters. Your car helps you plan your trip South.

-50 F. (-45.6 C.) Congressional hot air freezes. The Green Bay Packers practice indoors. Alaskans close the bathroom window.

-80 F. (-62.2 C.) Hell freezes over. Polar bears move south. Minnesotans look toward Wisconsin, thinking it MUST be warmer.
    I got a good chuckle from a great many of these listed. Thanks for posting, tesral.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tesral View Post
    Original Author Unknown
    Embellished by Many...

0 F. (-17.8 C.) Alaskans put on T-shirts. Too cold to skate...
    That's about right. You didn't travel on surfaces angled greater than 10 from October to April. Too hazardous. Unless you were in a 4-wheeler with your tire chains on.

I've observed that my wife seems to have a temperature tolerance that ranges from 76 F (freezing) to 80 F (boiling). She's a native Texan. Being female doesn't help either. She can be complaining of chills while I'm sweating from the brow.
    Last edited by Webhead; 12-17-2008 at 04:39 PM.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    15 F in the New England area; a few winters back we got wind chills -50 F...

If it's above 32 F, then it's t-shirt weather for me!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast