Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Splintered Megalopolis: OOC

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Splintered Megalopolis: OOC

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This is a Dungeons and Dragon's 4th Edition campaign that is looking for 3-6 characters starting at level 1.

You may use any of the races out of the back of the monster manual, but be warned they are not welcome within sanctuary, and until you gain a reputation your character will face hardships. This also applies to Tieflings as they are considered the spawn of the Infernals.

It is suggested that you read the first post in the Sanctuary thread as this contains most of the background information that will be needed. I expect players to describe what their characters will do, but not how their actions will be reacted to. An example would be:

"Beldrath, walks up to the barkeep and slams a handful of gold onto the worn bar, and shouts 'The mead is on me tonight!'. Then smiles as the other patrons lift their mugs in salute"

This post is unacceptable because it decides how the patrons in the tavern react to his action. A better post would be:

"Beldrath, walks up to the barkeep and slams a handful of gold onto the worn bar, and shouts 'The mead is on me tonight!'. Then smiles as he turns expecting the other patrons to lift their mugs in salute."

This shows what he expects to happen without saying that it happened.

Players should be able to check and post at least once per day, if they don't post once per day, then they will just go along with whatever the rest of the party decides to do. They will probably hang in the background until they post. There is usually no backtracking allowed when a player does not post. There may be exceptions that will be decided by me.

Other than that you can pretty much do what you want.

There is a good online character sheet at http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/ it is called the profiler. It is not required for play, but using it and posting a link in your signature or at the end of each post would be helpful.

Splintered Megalopolis: OOC This is where you post out of character questions and talk. If you must post out of character in the Sanctuary forum please clearly label it.
    Last edited by lokiare1; 12-15-2008 at 12:25 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't have the time to read right now, but I will later and will probably be interested. I'd prefer to try out a warlock.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds good to me. Let me know your stats. I prefer that you use the "Profiler" at http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/ and just put it in your signature or link to it in the OOC chat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will this work? (see signature)

Work in progress, though.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd much prefer that you use the one that I linked to. So I don't have to download an excel file each time I want to view your character.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take 2.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, looks good. Do you want to go ahead and start, or do you want to wait for a couple more players?

Downloads
    Uploads
    We can wait a little bit. I'm still debating if I want to be a Doppleganger or not.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, that will work. I guess I'm going to have to advertise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, I've never played 4e, but I'd like to try it out. (I don't believe other people's opinions, on Anything; rather find out for myself)
    Anyway, I'd like to go for an elven rogue.

Edit: Okay, not sure if this looks right, but I'll go ahead and submit this, as a rough draft.
    http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/....php?cid=20534
    Last edited by akela122301; 12-26-2008 at 01:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds good to me. Do you have access to the rules? if not I could PM you with the details for an elven rogue. Otherwise please use the character sheet provided by http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler.php? it is the best way to have easy access to a character sheet. If you can, put a link to your character in your signature, if you can't (or would prefer not to), then just link to it in the OOC section, and we can refer back to it when we need to see it. (I prefer in your signature because it is easier).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nah, I found and downloaded all the current 4e sourcebooks online. Look at my above post for my character sheet.
    It may be a bit rough, but I think it's right.
    Last edited by akela122301; 12-26-2008 at 06:23 AM.
    "When all is said and done, you have two basic choices: do what's crazy, or do what's smart. And people of character do not stick with one such choice, but make the choice that is best for the situation" Myself
    Doromii

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, that sounds good. We have two players, and maybe a third player on the way, so we can start now. Are there any questions before we begin?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it too late for another to join? Will you allow an artificer?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be great. I read the artificer and I have found the Artificer PDF file on my computer. I think it would make a great addition to the game. The only thing is that there are no front line fighters or defenders yet.

When you get your character made use the Tangled web profiler found here:

http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler.php?

to do your character sheet. Then link to it in your signature (or if you don't want to do that put a link in the OOC thread)

I see this forum has a dice roller.

Since we have enough people I think we are going to start.
    Last edited by lokiare1; 12-27-2008 at 12:25 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast