Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Horror
System Used: nWoD Changeling
Game Location City: Ajax
State: Ontario
Game Times N/A
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: P&PG
Additional Options Looking for Players?: No
Online Game
(P&PG)

Thread: Out of the Hedge (Changeling: the Lost)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Out of the Hedge (Changeling: the Lost)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Set in Toronto.

Several Lost have recently emerged from the Hedge. Piecing together their scattered memories, they must figure out who they are, decide how to make contact with their previous life, find themselves a place in mortal, Lost and supernatural society, protect themselves from mortal, Lost and supernatural threats, and find a way to shut their Keeper out of their dreams.

(I'm going to pitch about a half-dozen games here. I'll run the first two to get started.)
    Last edited by TAROT; 12-27-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Game Officially Dead

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Out of the Hedge

Setting & Setup

The story will be set in Toronto. Several Lost have recently emerged from the Hedge after escaping their durance in Arcadia. Piecing together their scattered memories, they must figure out who they are, decide how (and whether) to make contact with their previous life, find themselves a place in mortal, Lost and supernatural society, protect themselves from mortal, Lost and supernatural threats, and find a way to shut their Keeper out of their dreams.

As far as courts go, the area is predominantly controlled by the seasonal courts, but there are pockets of the directional courts where large Asian communities exist (Spadina & Dundas, Yonge & Sheppard) and the day/night courts have a presence along the Bloor-Danforth subway line and other places where Eastern European, Balkan and Baltic communities are present.

Who can play? Time commitment?

The game will be primarily play-by-post. Maybe some time will be arranged for some chat sessions, too, but that will be dependent on schedules and whether or not I can train my fingers to move faster.

I donít foresee that rules will be playing a large part in the course of the game and the characters will potentially have large holes in their memories, so lack of knowledge of either system or setting shouldnít pose any barrier.

The game will stray into areas that contain mature themes. Ability to treat the subject matter seriously and respectfully is required.

Iíll likely be using some cut scenes, foreshadowing and flashbacks, so, the ability to separate player from character knowledge is important.

I can often check in here twice daily, and almost always once (Life will intrude). I am looking for people who can post almost daily, and can string together 100-200 words when doing so. (ĎCause I know that trading one sentence posts on a daily basis will frustrate me. I intend to surrender a lot of control over the scenery and minor characters, so this shouldnít be that hard. More information on playstyle below.)

Iíd like to start with between one and four players, and if that is going smoothly, then potentially add more players.

Playstyle

Iíd like to keep the system use to a minimum. Iíd like to see descriptions of characters, their actions, their thoughts and the effects of their actions. (In other words, Iíll write up character sheets and keep stats on hand and roll some dice if the fur starts flying.)

Feel free to include scenery & minor characters (appropriate to the location) and put words in their mouths. (But going to the park and accosting a random jogger will not give you the location of the Bag Badís hideout.)

For play-by-post, I donít see any reason to maintain the ďpartyĒ construct. People can go off and do their own things, maybe set themselves up as friendly rivals at times.

Combat should be a rarity. The game grinds to a near halt. Iíll want some sort of default plan of action, and try to take care of at least a few rounds at a time. Iím also considering some sort of token system. (Everybody gets one ďStart a FightĒ token, and they donít refresh until everybody has used theirs.)

Characters

Any (serious) concept is fine.

Even if your character canít necessarily remember (or do so clearly), will want to know who your Keeper was, what your tasks were, how were you taken and why, how you were altered and why, who you were before you were taken, the nature of your abuse and potential trauma triggers.

Would like to see a couple of characters with living fetches.

Would like to see a short-term and a medium-term goal for the character. (The character need not know immediately what it is, but Iíd like there to be something more than ďsurvival.Ē)

Game Changes

Iíd like the harvesting of Glamour to be less harmless, though I havenít decided which way or how far to take it. I expect that there will still be some less harmful ways (Pledges), but for other harvesting, Iím considering stealing the capacity to feel the emotion from the mortal, stealing all emotions except the emotion in question from the mortal and Willpower drain (which would effectively be taking all capacity to feel).
    Last edited by TAROT; 04-03-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

This sounds awesome, though I'm not familiar with Changeling. I like the idea of playing in a familiar setting, though. I lived in parkdale for a few years, so I'll be right at home. I'll look up more on the game and get back to you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looked into it a little more...

and this game is absolutely fantastic. Time permitting you can count me in. Of course, PbP makes it easy. I'm already running concepts through my mind.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK. You can post here or PM me when you start to narrow down the choices. I'd like to start with some prelude-type stuff. And I guess that I should figure out how to make a group.

Edit - Group & Forum created. That was pretty painless. Now to start filling it.
    Last edited by TAROT; 04-10-2009 at 11:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Minor alteration to setup. Am stripping out the directional courts. I was having too much difficulty making them distinct enough to be worthwhile.

Also, frailities will strike earlier, because they are cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be up for this as well. So are you doing the seasonal courts then?