Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Golem Creation?

Downloads
    Uploads

Golem Creation?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hey guys. I need a point in the right direction in this. I have an artificer who is wanting to make golems, etc. as a player. I have no idea what the requirements on this would be.

Any books you could point me to?

Thanks
    Karen

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Take a look at the golem entry on the d20srd.org page. It gives some brief information that you can take to your GM and start a conversation (about how it works in his/her game).
    --
    Grimwell

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As I recall, there is also a specific feat listed in the back of the monster manual for casters who want to be able to create a golem. That feat has some more details. The entries under each of the golems have specific information as to the cost and materials for building the golems as listed and for building "Advanced" versions, with more hit dice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You may want to take a look at the "Van Ritchen's Guide to the Created". I imagine is available somewhere as a PDF. Then just convert from ADnD to 3.5 or 4.0

Saluti
    Carlos

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you can't find specific rules, you could always follow the rules included in the Eberron sourcebook for creating your Artificer's Homunculus as a guide.

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    As I recall, there is also a specific feat listed in the back of the monster manual for casters who want to be able to create a golem. That feat has some more details. The entries under each of the golems have specific information as to the cost and materials for building the golems as listed and for building "Advanced" versions, with more hit dice.
    Craft Construct feat from pg. 303 from Monster Manual 1. Need Craft Arms and Armor as well as Craft Wondrous Item as prerequisites. Most Golem entries list the requirements to create each one at the end of their entry.

Means You need to be at least lvl 6 as a wizard to get the feat, lvl 9 for mot other spellcasters. Of course the easiet to create is the Flesh Golem with a Caster Level of 8.
    ... AND ON THE EIGHTH DAY, GOD SAID, "I NEED A DRINK."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    If you can't find specific rules, you could always follow the rules included in the Eberron sourcebook for creating your Artificer's Homunculus as a guide.
    The rules for the Homunculus creation in the Eberon book are good for Homunculus only and not other Golems. But you can still use the Artificer Item Creation ability to meet the spell requisites or other Golem creation.
    ... AND ON THE EIGHTH DAY, GOD SAID, "I NEED A DRINK."