Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Mantis in the Sands (A 3.5 Pathfinder Adventure)

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Mantis in the Sands (A 3.5 Pathfinder Adventure)

Clear blue skies gave way to harsh winds, the unforgiving sun hanging over the horizon, as sand blew this way and that. Rolling hills of the small grains; dunes as tall as small castles ever shifting and moving. Osirion, the Land of the Pharaohs. A vast desert, with cities few and far between.

Clear nigh sky gave way to thousands upon thousands of stars. A brilliant flash of light, a towering beam of white shooting into the sky in the distance. Dark skinned men and women looked around at one another, then back to the towering beam just before it vanished. A sudden silence moving over the city for a few moments as all stopped, before moving about their business once again.

A slight gleam in his eye, Dilsten quickly set across the city, his long flowing blue and green robes trimmed with gold waving about his short legs. An arm curled around a massive silver bound tome, he quickly ducked into a corner, vanishing from sight. It would seem just in time, as two strangely red armored men trotted down the road passed him, obviously looking about them for someone. A sly smirk upon his lips as he moved further into the ally way, and went about his night. So much work was to be done, so much work. And all for his grace.

Mantis in the Sands is a 3.5 D&D pathfinder setting adventure I have put together myself. It is designed for a group of 4 level 4 characters. I love roleplay as much, if not more than the combat of the game. I am rather new to the site, as a forewarning, but have run many games in my time playing.

Player Requirements:
    I require all participants to post at least once a day. It's really not all that hard to get on for 10 minutes at a time a day. I will more than likely be spending much more time than this, so please, put effort into this game.

You need to enjoy roleplay, and not be here for just combat. I love combat as much as the next person, but I see it as much of a chance to roleplay as outside of combat.

Each person that posts, I require two paragraphs per post. Be descriptive. Two 3 sentenced paragraphs per posts really isn't that hard.

This isn't as much of a requirement as it is asking for help. Please, have access to the pathfinder campaign setting. There is information I will be using, that I can give you, but I cannot give you the book, and without it, simply making a character will be rather hard.

And last but not least, since this is a roleplay heavy game, have a background for your character! Put effort into it. I don't kill people off if I can help it, and its not my goal to tear apart your character.

Character Creation:

So, to me, the most important thing about any character is its background. How did they come to be where they are? Why are they here? What is their motivation in life? Where do they want to go and what do they want to accomplish? Have this, send it to me. And a bit of a hint, I love a good story if you catch my drift.

Oh... and no evil or game disrupting characters. If you can play Chaotic Neutral without destroying the game, by all means do. I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you start to disrupt the game, I will ask you to change your character, or remove you completely. Thanks

Books that will be allowed:

Anything from:
    D&D Players Handbook (All base classes and all races come from this book only)
    D&D Dungeon Masters Guide
    Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting (Any Base class variants may be taken from here.)
    Edit: D&D Sandstorm (Feats & Weaponry may be taken from this book, but no base classes or races)

Prestige Classes that May be considered (Ask me first):
    All Complete Books
    D&D Dungeon Masters Guide
    Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting
    Edit: D&D Sandstorm (This book is also available for possible prestige Classes to be considered)

Note: When it comes to Prestige Classes, these are things that are acquired over time, and will be gained through game play, not just suddenly appearing from the abyss.

If you are curious about another book, simply ask. The worst I can say is no.

Books I will ALWAYS say no to:
    Spell Compendium
    Magic Item Compendium
    Players Handbook II
    Unearthed Arcana

I know, I'm picky. Don't like it? Don't play. You can still have vast amounts of fun in a game with limited books for use. The game is only as fun as you let it be. Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear from you all soon. Thanks and take care!

Downloads
    Uploads

Pathfinder

Hello, I'm very interested in playing. I love the Pathfinder setting, I have one question are you going to run this with 3.5 rules or use the Pathfinder 3.75 rules? Either way I'm very interested in playing since the pathfinder stuff tends to be very interesting. Let me know if you are still looking for players, I might have a friend that is a heavy role-player as well that would be willing to play.

Thanks
    JC
    It's better to burn out; then to fade away!