Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Character creation

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Character creation

In my opinion the game would really benefit if your character were at least acquaintances. Even if you belong to different families/factions, I'm sure we can work out a nice back story.

I have started elaborating plots but mostly from an Amberite point of view. I've got to keep on my toes in case you form a group of Chaosites or outsiders.
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oooooh. seriously tempted. i've always wanted to play amber.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    How familiar are you with Amber ? Both with the series and the game ? Did you read the recruitment thread ?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no i hadn't read the thread yet, however i've read through the first rpg book, and all ten of the series. that was a while ago, so i'm a bit sketchy on exact cannon by now. but as far as overall goes, i'm pretty detailed. i'll go wander over to that thread and see. just up front, i have all my games on hold right now due to the move. so as tempted as i am, i can't commit right now.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm starting through the RPG book sections...
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have kind of an idea where my guy is going but I'm unsure how much to reveal right now, I'm thinking some kind of relative(of the originals) Amberite. From what I can glean, whether all the pc's are on the same side or not, there's still alot of friendly/devious verbal fencing. Any thoughts?
    I have it set up so I can extricate/decimate various parts of my backstory to fit how the auction turns out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, real life really kicked my lazy butt this week

But I'm ready to play. I'd like the first scene to start at a diplomatic meeting between a group of Amber family members and some diplomatic representatives of the Court of chaos. The level of commitment to this process is quite minimal on both side.

* SPOILER * * SPOILER* SPOILER* SPOILER* SPOILER* SPOILER *

King Random (sorry) isn't attending the reunion. On top of that he insisted for the location to be Rebma. The choice of the underwater sister of Amber can be seen as more neutral. Obviously Llewella is present, coordinating the Amberite delegation and the Rebman foreign office (a perplexing thought considering Rebma's only geographic contact is with Amber). Flora declined to participate to the deep disappointment of the King. Instead Fiona will be leading the Amberite mission and her strong presence predisposes her to preside this reunion. Julian accepted a military consultant position and looks sinister, taking his charge very seriously and talking to most in a dry way, save Llewella he adores. Your characters are here for backup, mostly regarding protocol and it entitled you for a residence of two weeks and training intensively in diplomatic matters by professors of the Royal College.

Don't worry Amardolem we'll find time to detail the gap between your story and your presence here.

I'm hoping we can plan one evening for either a skype session or some chat room to be determined. I already know I'm busy next Tuesday but any other day is fine, not before 9:30.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thurdsay is Thanksgiving too. I noticed MortonStromgal is in Seattle, so I take it the 9:30 would be pm EST? (otherwise we'd be around 12:30 and It's hard for a geezer like m'self to stay up that late)

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh crap, I didn't think of the time difference. That sucks maybe we'll have to do that on weekend.

Downloads
    Uploads
    originally in the maptool game, the DM was in the UK, 3 players were on the east coast, and 1 was in Ca. so I naturally think in terms of logistical nightmare....it's like a second language

My character is Ghraele, I'm thinking a relation to Julian (grand son? or are we to be that closely connected with the Main playas' in Amber, yo) even tho from the books Julian is not my favorite character, it will prove an interesting challenge. Hey your idea was for the auction to live right? On skype you can easily change to your character name, but in the play by section on here is there a way to have an alias?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I normally am home by 5pm which should be 8pm your time...
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Downloads
    Uploads
    The weekend might end up being better overall for a session or the auction. I know this week is shaping up to be crazy for me, with Thanksgiving among other things. But I think it'd be good to have a session in between this week and Christmas, otherwise we might have to wait until 2009.

The only other days that might pose a problem are December 3rd (and possibly the 2nd as well). I have an interview in Portland, though I haven't decided if I'll drive down the day before or just make it there and back in the same day.

I started re-reading my big book of Amber, and it's given me some ideas as to what character I'd like to make. I'll get it fleshed out more and post later in the week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My daughter Juliette was born on Sunday. She was in a hurry (almost four weeks early) and took us by surprise. And Thanksgiving is almost there... it's going to be a bit hectic. I hope we can arrange the auction to happen soon. Right now I'm a bit busy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boulet View Post
    My daughter Juliette was born on Sunday. She was in a hurry (almost four weeks early) and took us by surprise. And Thanksgiving is almost there... it's going to be a bit hectic. I hope we can arrange the auction to happen soon. Right now I'm a bit busy
    Congrats!! where's my smoke?? life comes first my friend...it'll give me more Amber reading time

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boulet View Post
    Congrats, boulet! And no worries about the auction, RL should come first!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast