Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Character creation

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I say we shoot for the week after new years so everyones RL can hopefully be calm.
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm cool with that! and...you said it, things are getting quite out of control here. I had to euthanize my dog yesterday, and besides that the stress level all around has become most unbearable, I should be able to tame it by then tho, with any luck, and it gives Boulet that critical first month of not sleeping to get back on track...heh

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, it makes sense to delay until early January. I hope I'll find time to gather nice materials to illustrate the game in the mean time.
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    can we shoot for the end of January for the bid? A bunch of things are happening early January (job hunting, personal crap) and while I could do it I would rather take the time to know what I'm doing. Maybe we could all get on skype earlier or something for a discussion if y'all want. Still really excited. I know the wife has been reading through the novels

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your call Morton ! I understand that you're going through a lot of changes and you need to invest your time somewhere else. I might want to start a prologue to the story with Amardolem since his character is already quite defined and could use a narrative introduction. If Mirina wants to start a similar process that could be cool too. Obviously it would be too early to introduce conflicts and dramatic action, but there's room for characterization, enlightening flashbacks and family portrayals. What do you think guys ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm working on it! My reading of the chronicles got temporarily side tracked by getting the "Horror stories of R. E. Howard " for Xmas...I couldn't keep my eyes from it! Whenever it gets rolling I'm here and I got nothing but time . Well, unless you count that work/homeowner/parent stuff..

Edit: oh I forgot to add sleeping and eating somewhere in there

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Life still crazy, find out if I got a new job in about 2 weeks... Maybe you should start without me. IDK, Id like to play but no telling how the new job, if I get it, will be for time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys, sorry I've gone silent all that time. First I want to wish good luck to Morton with his job offer, and once again I understand that you can't commit right now.

I'm fine with running the game for two players. I'm just going to have to let the chargen take another direction : it's pointless organizing an auction for two persons. So let's just take the easy way : here are your 100 points, buy yourself some fancy powers, invest some in traits (warfare, psyche, strength, endurance) and other items/shadows/retainers and let's move on Reminder for power costs and attributes and stuff.

Amardolem character concept is already quite shaped and his backstory ends at the point where he's trapped in a Shadow quite similar to Earth, just with a Jules Vernes/Lovecraft angle I'll let him reproduce as much of what he revealed to me about Ghraele as he feels like. So what would be nice is if Mirina's character would be the one who stumbled upon a trump of Ghraele and was curious enough to establish a (difficult) contact with this stranger. It's nice because it would establish a "I owe you one" type of relationship between the two characters and could evolve into friendship, or whatever happens. So we're talking of a little constraint on Mirina's character here : your character has to be in close contact (if not part of) the royal family of Amber since Ghraele is himself the son of one of the princes, and this trump would be in some place in the palace. I hope Mirina doesn't mind the prerequisite imposed on her character.

If you're both ok with it, we could start a prologue thread that explains the circumstances of the discovery of Ghraele's trump, the rescue and the first conversation between the two characters. It doesn't have to be a long arc : could be done in less than ten posts depending how you guys feel about it. After this is done we could then switch back to the "present" situation which is the discreet diplomatic meeting between Amber and Chaos delegations in Rebma.
    Last edited by boulet; 02-05-2009 at 09:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the game and have only played twice, though the times were quite memorable. I am going to assume that this is all done via Chat? not play by post? If it is then I'd be willing to do a little once I get my books in hand, that is if the game is still going...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never played...but I want to try...everyone's still here we just went into temporary stasis.....but I despise the idea to quitting something I've committed to....just a quirk I guess, I'm still here!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Character submitted by PM, will post basic history and character idea soon

Downloads
    Uploads
    So is this game still valid?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys,

I've been away from PnPG for a little while. I was a bit let down by the lack of reactiveness of my players so far, except for Amardolem who's been consistant. I couldn't imagine having only one character for an Amber game. It felt dirty

I would love to finally get the game started. I'll come back to you Mnemenoi about your character. I have a few questions. As you can imagine, I have to rethink how I want to start the game since Mnemenoi's PC is opening different metaphorical doors. Not a biggie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right on, I certainly can understand. I'll try and write out a bit of a more ornate history when I get some time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Please wait for me. I enjoy the way you're focused and have a direction for your character. You're not afraid to bring a clear author stance when writing, that's great. Now my problem is more how to shoe horn this character into the premises I had in mind. Either I rework the opening chapter of the game or we work together to adapt your original concept. Both approaches are fine. If you didn't read the bits and pieces here, please do. I'll try and PM you tomorrow with more concrete questions/options.

Amardolem: thanks for your patience buddy !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast