Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Tomb of Five Corners

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tomb of Five Corners

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'd like to gauge interest for an Exalted (2nd edition) module to be run PbP. I'd need 4 players to run the pre-generated characters. If there's enough interest afterward, we could continue on to other stories either keeping the same characters or crafting your own.

I can and will provide all set-up information necessary so you do not need to purchase any books, though the 2nd edition core book is a good thing to have. I can also provide more rules and other material on request.

I've posted this on the Campaign Invitations forum as well. Please post or PM me if interested. Pre-gen characters would get picked on a first come, first served basis. Available characters are:

Kade: Dawn Caste leader of a mercenary company whose motivation is to lead his Circle to greatness.
    Morning Breeze: Zenith Caste former monk who desires to make Creation a just and righteous place.
    Naria: Night Caste spy and assasin planning to reshape the Guild.
    Rinan: Twilight Caste witch that yearns to comprehend the workings of Fate.

Adventure background:

"The Solar heroes had just returned from a successful campaign against the bandit king Barrow Black and his army, the Eyes in the Hills. When they returned to the city of Nexus with their company of mortal followers in tow, they found a message waiting for them. The four Solars had long speculated as to the location of their fifth member, for all have had flashes of recollection from the First Age, and they know they once counted a fifth Solar Exalt amongst their number, a member of the Eclipse Caste who completed their Perfect Circle fellowship.

"The message waiting for them, carried by a man named Little Shoe, was a note that read as follows:

"'My Circlemates,
    'Though we have never met, I feel I know all of you. When the stories of your deeds reached me, I was newly Exalted, alone and confused, but somehow, the tales triggered memories of a life before this one, where we stood side-by-side and fought as one. I'm sure you all know the feeling of which I write, just as I'm sure you all know the emptiness your absence brings me.

'When I began my search for the companions my memories promised me, I followed my visions to an ancient ruin, believing perhaps the landmark I sensed would be a meeting point. I thought we'd be drawn together to a common goal, but the place I found was empty.

'This note is a compromise. I wish I could see you in person, but I dare not leave my find. The ruins to which I was led by the memories of my past life contain relics of the First Age, treasures beyond value that belong rightfully to all of us. I can't fully unlock this ruin alone, and I fear that if I leave to find you myself, we will return to nothing but a plundered shell. Please follow the messenger with whom I've entrusted this note, and together, we will reclaim our inheritance.'

"The note was unsigned, but sealed in golden wax and pressed with the unmistakable sigil of the Eclipse Caste.

"Little Shoe explained to the Solars that he was entrusted with this note in the trading town of Northeast Spoke by a beautiful woman with pale skin and dark hair, wearing a white robe, and that he’d been carrying it for six months, trying to find the Circle. Their campaign against the Eyes in the Hills had been long, and ultimately, he’d decided his best chance would be to wait in Nexus for the characters to return. After some debate, the Solars decided to depart for the ruins at once, leaving their tired mortal followers to recuperate in Nexus and await their return.

"The Solars traveled across the Yellow River that lies to the north of Nexus, and then further north and east for four days, until they reached Northeast Spoke. In Northeast Spoke, they heard rumors of local bandits sporting the symbol of the Eyes in the Hills, once again demanding the payments taken by Barrow Black before his army was scattered. Could these be remnants of Barrow Black’s band, fled to the north after their defeat at the hands of the Circle, or perhaps another group of robbers who sought to take advantage of Barrow Black’s reputation? The rumors point further north, into the Valley of Death, a desolate expanse that had been avoided by the people of the region for as long as anyone can remember.

"Once they arrived, the area seemed familiar, and all the Solars had flashes of First Age memory. They knew now where the ruins were and asked Little Shoe to wait for them in the town while they proceeded north to the meeting point.

"After another half-day of travel, they have nearly arrived."
    (Exalted 2nd Edition: Return to the Tomb of Five Corners, pp 10-11)
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a link to the Quickstart rules and character sheets. For some reason the filesize max is very small here, so I've posted them at another site where I'm also recruiting. I've had one person express interest. If people would like to make some customizations on the pre-gen characters I'd be more than willing to work with you on that. I understand playing pre-gens can be a boring prospect.

Edit: Three players have already expressed interest. Naria, Rinan and Morning Breeze are spoken for, so Kade is available if someone would like to play him.

Edit again: This is no longer true. Kade has been spoken for. Since the majority of the players frequent The Tangled Web Forum , that is where I will be running the game.
    Last edited by GoddessGood; 11-13-2008 at 09:34 AM.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)