Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Castle Greyhawk

Downloads
    Uploads

Game Thread: Castle Greyhawk

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Map of the Flanaess {click on the link to the left then click on Map of the Flanaess link for a bigger view of the world.}

Lands sourrounding the city

The City of Greyhawk.

The Green Dragon Inn
    Last edited by Excior; 11-13-2008 at 12:27 PM.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads

An evening at the Green Dragon Inn

You all sit at a table in the Green Dragon Inn (located in the River Quarter), a place frequented by adventurers. It is here that you hope to begin your new lives and earn some coin in the process. You have made good use of your time in the Foreign Quarter and have made many contacts. This is how each of you has come to know one another. In the past, you were part of a free company of demi-humans known as the Under City Watch after a horrid encounter with a cult of Iuz followers you three are all that remain of that once proud company. Isabelle a buxom raven haired human of Flan decent has just brought each of you your orders (what ever you like). Itís a couple hours after dark and the Inn is starting to fill, a fire blazes in the hearth bathing the common room in its warmth, though not quite fall there is a distinct chill in the night air of late.

Code:

Dungeon Master Notes: 

The River Quarter is the section of the city map where the Circled "R" is located
    The games afoot I hope each of you enjoy this game as much as I am sure to enjoy running it. As combat occurs I want you guys to post the following information in each post. Character name AC: HP: and any magical effect you may be under.
    Last edited by Excior; 11-12-2008 at 02:48 PM.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads

Torak tastes the ale...

Still in a sour mood because of his recent failure with the Under Watch, Torak grunts when the serving girl brings him his dwarven ale, barely looking her way. Taking a large swig from the tankard, he puts it down distastefully, muttering something about what he would give to have real dwarven ale again. Nevertheless, he drains the tankard completely and sets it down on the table with a very loud thud.

As if on cue to the sound of the thud, the dwarf's eyes light up with an idea. Standing up and brandishing his battle axe, he positions the tankard near the edge of the table and, standing a few feet away, begins to raise his axe over his head. With a booming voice he says, "Alright then lads! Who'll wager that I'll hit the tankard on me first swing, eh?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    As Torak raises his axe to make short work of the taverns mug, he feels some one grab hold of the weapons head. ” Don’t be busting up me fathers drinking containers you little munchkin!” from behind him the dwarf hears the now familiar voice of Isabelle the young lass has become sort of a fixture at your table since your little company started coming to the Green Dragon in search of adventure. ” Now sit your self down and I will bring you three another round of Pints on me.” She smiles warmly at each of you as she saunters off to the bar for another round.

While she is gone, you see a now familiar face enter the bar, Captain Talon Westford captain of the City Watch Foreign Quarter post. HE walks up to your table ” Thought I would find you three here, Still on a fools quest for fame and riches huh!” without waiting on an invite the Captain sits at the table ” As you know there are rumors that there still exists a Tunnel connecting Castle Greyhawk to the City’s Sewers system.” The Captain looks at each of you trying to gauge your interest in what he is saying. ” A fortnight a go some of my men found this tunnel and brought the roof of it crumbling down, plugging up the last link to that dreadful place.”

Isabelle had started to return to the table when she sees the new comer, she stops in mid stride and returns to the bar for another pint. Several patrons come into the Inn and take up seats in various parts of the bar. Captain Talon pulls a piece of vellum from a case he was holding in his hand. ” My Son was part of the party that destroyed the tunnel unfortunately he was trapped on the other side of the tunnel, I do not know if he survived the collapse or not but I would like to hire you three to journey to Castle Greyhawk and see if you can find him.”

He spreads the map out onto the table I am sure you know the way to the Ruins but I can give you this map as a guide He points to the location of the Castle. ” I cannot offer you much save for my thanks. However, I can arrange for you to be tax exempt for anything that you bring into the city from the ruins. What say you?” Isabelle returns with a tray of carrying Pints for all at the table. She smiles and sets them on the table and returns to her duties.

Isabelle
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sitting at a table beside the ruddy trio, Dex sips at his ale slowly. He turns as the Dwarf shouts his boast and grins as the barmaid takes the air out of his bladder.

As he turns back to ponder his future and sink back into his ale, a burly looking fellow enters and tromps up to the table behind him. He listens intently to the conversation after the mention of fame and riches. Once the captain has finished his description of the job at hand, Dex stands, mug in hand and turns to face him and the others at the table.

"Beg pardon gentles. Did I hear you mention Castle Greyhawk? I have heard tales of that horrid place, tales of demons and other wicked, unnatural things. Entering a place such as this befits a strong group of adventurers like yourselves, but I say three times strong, four times the stronger. For a share of any treasure found, I would pledge my sword and bow to this endeavor."
    Keck Publishing
    Swing by Roleplayers Direct!
    One Shot Adventures! Days of Knights, on sale at DriveThruRPG and RPGNow!

Downloads
    Uploads
    ~Looks up from feeding some of his meal to Aegnor. Takes a long pull of his ale all the while staring at the new comer with a look of bewilderment. The look clearly says he is trying to figure out why you don't look quite right.~
    Last edited by raven21; 11-14-2008 at 03:45 PM.
    Running: 2e DnD Forgotten Realms

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dex gives the elf a sidelong glance, then turns and says, "Amin naa elandili."

{I am half-elf.]
    Keck Publishing

Downloads
    Uploads
    He sets down his tankard and nods. "So where are we going?" " I heard something about leaving this city, I could be ready within the hour."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dex pulls his chair from the other table and joins the group. He looks over the map on the table.

To the captain he says, "May we take the map with us sir?"
    Keck Publishing

Downloads
    Uploads
    After Isabelle gives the dwarf her rebuke, he grunts but gives a faint smile in her direction, lowering his axe. When the captain approaches, however, he raises his axe yet again, but this time it is not for fun. Recognizing the captain as a member of the organization he now despises, he shouts out with a booming voice and forcefully brings his axe down upon the table, sinking the blade into the wood--and deliberately missing the tankard.

After listening to the captain's proposal--and leaving the axe head buried in the table--he says, "As ye probably well know, Cap'n, my deeds are known across the wide Flanaess, so this would be easy. But I'm a bit concerned about the lack o' compensation, if ya take me meaning." He strokes his beard and gives the captain a thoughtful glance...

Downloads
    Uploads
    ~Looks at the Dwarf with an amused look.~ Torak you are missing the most important part of this whole situation, ~leans in closer to Torak and says in a hushed voice~ we get to leave this human city. ~raises his voice again~ And that for me is reward enough, never mind the face of we get to keep what we find free from an tax.
    ~Looks around at the people sitting at the table with him.~ Adventure, excitement, unknown riches... I say lets do it. Lets get the hell out of here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dex eyes the elf briefly as he speaks to this Torak. Indeed, leaving the city would be a good thing at this time, but not just because of the humans. Being a half-breed, Dex was just as comfortable among humans as he was among elves. No, the fact is, Dex was beginning to get those old feelings again. The feelings he'd had while living amongst his "brothers" back in Narwell. Then, he felt justified to take things from those that had more than their fair share. He felt no remorse, no guilt about breaking into a man's home and taking away the things he'd worked hard for, and he didn't like that feeling anymore. He changed his way of thinking after the death of his mother.

"Humans aren't so bad, elf. They live shorter lives than you, so their priorities are focused differently than yours, that's all. You are correct, however. It will feel nice to get into the thick of battle, and to breath fresh air for a bit."
    Keck Publishing

Downloads
    Uploads
    I speak in a general senses. Most humans only think of themselves. They act on impulse with out think of the consequences or the long teem ramifications. They are constantly at war with themselves or stealing what other have worked hard to get.
    So you must forgive me if I speak harshly of a race that finds the need to run as fast as they can towards power and fortune it is a dangerous combination.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Upon hearing the elf's hushed words, Torak's eyes light up with understanding. "Ah, p'rhaps yer right. This offer we have could be the ticket outta here I've been lookin' fer." Then, turning to the captain, he says, "So, tell me more about this proposition of yours."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Talon takes a drink of his ale and siits the tankard down on the table. " Yes by all means take the map and as for any thing else to sweeten the pot I suppose I could throw in 350 GP to be split between you." He reaches down and opens a flap on the bag at his waist, then tosses a small leather pouch on the table, the sound of coins clanks as the bag slides across the map.

Other patrons enter and leave the Inn as you speak of the adventure to come. Isabelle is now joined in he duties by another barmaid, she is dark skinned witih long red hair and wears a leather shirt tuked into a pair of tight fitting leather pants. You notice a dagger strapped to her boot. By now the sun has sunken below the horizion the tempreture continues to drop, its going to be a cold night.
    Last edited by Excior; 11-17-2008 at 10:56 PM.
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast