Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of Character Forum

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylond View Post
    Yea, just trying to figure out the base stuff that my character would know. He's going to be a native of the Free City, if that's Ok with you.
    Actually, I was hoping everybody would be from the Free City of Greyhawk
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Campain will begin in the spring of CY 570
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Greylond what kinds of Greyhawk books do you have or have access to? if you would like to post any information on the world feel free to do so under the campain information section.
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    All of my old Greyhawk stuff is put away in storage. If I get time in the next day or so, I'll dig it out. I have the City of Greyhawk Boxed set and I've run a campaign in which the PCs lived in the City for a time. The World of Greyhawk was my primary AD&D world for several years, and I ran or played in several campaigns all over the World. I'll also look through that canonfire website and I'll post what I think the PCs would know, unless you veto it.

Never owned or played in the Castle before though, this should be interesting...
    [comment about D&D 4E]I have to ask myself, am I just buying a name here? If I fell in love with a gal named Wanda ten years ago, does that mean that every new Wanda that comes along is going to be just as groovy?
    I like the old Wanda, This new Wanda looks like high maintenence.
    ~nordo billingswary at the K&Co forums

Downloads
    Uploads
    All of my old Greyhawk stuff is put away in storage. If I get time in the next day or so, I'll dig it out. I have the City of Greyhawk Boxed set and I've run a campaign in which the PCs lived in the City for a time. The World of Greyhawk was my primary AD&D world for several years, and I ran or played in several campaigns all over the World. I'll also look through that canonfire website and I'll post what I think the PCs would know, unless you veto it.

Never owned or played in the Castle before though, this should be interesting...
    I've never played thorugh it either, I happended upon a PDF file of the module and have skimmed through it. I have found some information on various aspects of the City/world and am going to post it here. I also would like to give credit to WoTC for allowing this information to be used for game use.
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    [comment about D&D 4E]I have to ask myself, am I just buying a name here? If I fell in love with a gal named Wanda ten years ago, does that mean that every new Wanda that comes along is going to be just as groovy?
    I like the old Wanda, This new Wanda looks like high maintenence.
    ~nordo billingswary at the K&Co forums

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its just so hard to find stuff pre 3rd edtion any more.
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hows your Character Creation comming along? I would like to get the game underway by wed.
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could everyone post what they are wanting to be and I'll work around that, I know about the Gnome Ill/Th and I'm pretty certain I'll be playing a Gnome also I'd like to go with the Cleric/Fighter multiclass but it doesn't matter to me. I'd just like to have a cohesive group that works well together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Might be cool if the whole party was Gnome.
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    be sure to check out the oerth journal. it is an invaluable resource. i'd also be happy to share what i have/know. i have a fair collection of materials plus odds and ends resources. ^^

That can be found on Cannonfire.com correct?
    Last edited by Excior; 10-26-2008 at 05:59 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    nijineko, I just noticed that the Module Castle Greyhawk Ruins calls for about 5 PC's would you like to join the game?
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ah, thank you for the invite. but i am unable at this time. very very hectic with the move and all. i am barely keeping up with the two games i am already running, let alone adding another. once things are not so hectic, i will reconsider.

but, to be honest, it's been so many years since i've played 2nd ed, that i'd need rather the refresher course. ^^

and yes, there is a link to the oerth journal site from canonfire site. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    ah, thank you for the invite. but i am unable at this time. very very hectic with the move and all. i am barely keeping up with the two games i am already running, let alone adding another. once things are not so hectic, i will reconsider.

but, to be honest, it's been so many years since i've played 2nd ed, that i'd need rather the refresher course. ^^

and yes, there is a link to the oerth journal site from canonfire site. =D
    from what I could see its just fan fiction is that correct?
    -H.P. Lovecraft-

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    somewhat... but some of those writing have long histories with greyhawk. some as a player, but some otherwise. ^^ they don't call it "canon"fire for nothing. they really try to stick to extrapolations of canon. ^^

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast