Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Last Three RPG Items Purchased (continued)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last Three RPG Items Purchased (continued)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Continuing the thread from "Campaign Hatchery Import", I'd like to brag about a bunch of stuff that just arrived recently:

1. The PDF of Spirit of the Century, a Pulp-era game using the as yet unreleased Fate 3.0 system. (I think their plan is to hone Fate 3.0 with this book and The Dresden Files before releasing it as a stand-alone sytem.) I'm a big admirer of Fate 2.x, and this one alters the Aspect mechanics to make them general Fate Point regulators ... including treating special effects from combat as Aspects. The hardcopy version should ship next week.
    2. Mythic Russia, a game based on Russian folklore and history. It uses Issaries's HeroQuest system, and since I'm not keen on Glorantha maybe I'll run this at some point (assuming I find victims, er players).
    3. "Crypt of the Devil-Lich", apparently an homage to "Tomb of Horrors", only with a half-devil drow lich queen. Fun.

That's the highlights, anyway.

I'm going to taper off my game buying for a while, due to a glut of unread books and changing financial circumstances. However, if anyone has some really cool items they'd like to plug, I'd probably reconsider ...
    Last edited by fmitchell; 11-01-2006 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Add links
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I most recently bought some Morrigan Press stuff:

Atlantis: the Second Age - I bought the PDF a bit back but waiting on the actual book to get here. This is based on the older Bard Games Atlantis Trilogy. Good Stuff! IMO, this can be used with *anything*, which is why my old BG versions are in pretty bad shape.

Terran Trade Authority (TTA) RPG - (PDF) Good 70s-feel flashback gaming. (At least in setting and art.)

Spacecraft 2100 to 2200 AD - (PDF) One of the sourcebooks TTA was based off of.

On a bit of a game-buying binge, and bought these recently for Vampire: The Requiem:

Lancea Sanctum - V:tR Covenant book
    Carthians - V:tR Covenant book
    Bloodlines: The Hidden - Presents some very interesting V:tR Bloodline options.

In the end I'm not sure what to think about the new V:tR/WoD setting. I miss some of the old WoD setting but definately prefer the nWoD base ruleset that everything's built on. Also not sure what I think of nMage having an Atlantis-type background, but it sure could work with the Morrigan A:tSA book.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SOTC is awesome, I just had a buddy come in and visit from Ohio and we gave the game a test drive with our old group. I must say I'm very impressed and am waiting with baited breath for Dresden... I so want to see how they do the stunts for wizards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thread Resurrection

I recently bought:

Dwarven Forge Rivers and Walls Set
    Lankhmar (new Runequest version)
    Mayfair's Demons Box Set (found at Half Price Books in amazing condition)
    Pulp Hero (for 5th edition Hero)

I realize that is four items, not three. So sue me.

Also in general, I would like to say that 2006 was a pretty damn amazing year for RPG releases. The industry as a whole may be having financial trouble, but the quality of product has been great.

After all this year gave us:
    Ptolus
    Spirit of the Century
    The Great Pendragon Campaign
    Tatters of the King
    Red Hand of Doom (best WotC adventure in forever)
    The Savage Tide Adventure Path began in Dungeon magazine
    Runequest (a new edition at last!)
    Zorcerer of Zo
    A Magical Medieval Society: Silk Road

Here's a toast to you, 2006. May 2007 be at least as good. It's started well. I just got my first PDF from the War of the Burning Sky ... so far so good...

Gary